Thread: Brightness changing

Brightness changing

Has anyone noticed brightness fluctuations while watching Dtivo? You have to watch carefully, it seems to be mostly on local channels, but I'm not really sure. It almost always happens on UPN. It sort of "pops" light/dark every couple of secs. Not a gradual change. I think I have seen it on SciFi too.

I did a search at TCF and some others noticed it too. Nobody posted an explanation, just some "me too" replies.

I've noticed this recently on one local channel. I just assumed it was DirecTV ****ing it up, not the Tivo. Funny though, the picture looks really good apart from the occasional dimming.

Edit: Oh, it autocensored me. How cute.

well, I'll toss out a "me too" as well.

Just in the last few weeks, on my series 1 DTivo. I'm a little paranoid its the machine, because it was recently resurrected from a lightning strike, but from the stuff I've found thusfar my bet is poor (overdriven, maybe?) signal between the local and Dtv.

I'm in the Washington DC area and have noticed it most on the NBC affiliate during West Wing and ER over the last few weeks.

I'm going to pursue it with them. I'll report any changes...

Originally posted by mcdannej
    I'm in the Washington DC area and have noticed it most on the NBC affiliate during West Wing and ER over the last few weeks.
    That's the same place I'm seeing it (D.C. channel 4). HDVR2 here.

To me it looks like some kind of automatic gain control gone awry.
    Last edited by TheWickedPriest; 11-24-2003 at 02:12 PM.