Thread: USB 2.0 adapter deals?

Hybrid View

USB 2.0 adapter deals?

Anyone know of any good usb ethernet 2.0 adapter deals going on currently?

Linksys 200M (usb 2.0) has been available at CompUSA for $29. How much better without hassle do you need?

Andy

Was hopeing for under 20? I think I have seen posts that support such a theory..?

I would not recommend the USB200M to anyone. The RJ45 connector is extremely fragile and the ethernet cable does not stay connected to it very well. I've seen a lot of D-Link DUB-E100 adapters on ebay for under $20. I just bought one last week and I'm still waiting for it to arrive so I can test it with my HDVR2. It's one of the approved USB 2.0 adapters in cobelli's guide so I expect it should work fine. I also have a Netgear FA120 USB 2.0 adapter that works great. I bought it at CompUSA for under $30.00.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thanks I will continue to keep my eye out on ebay...

If anyone else finds what they think to be a good deal don't hesitate to post here please! For me and other's good.

I bought the Netgear FA120 for about $23 from Microcenter (CV's suggestion). They were running a 20% discount on all networking products. Compusa and Microcenter run this promotion every so often. I figured I spent enough time monteing the tivo, it was worth spending and extra $5-$10 on a ethernet device that I know works well.

When you consider that you can get a new USB 2.0 adapter for about $30.00 retail that outperforms a $70.00 Turbonet, it's quite a bargain. If you really want a cheap adapter, get a USB 1.1 adapter on ebay. I picked up two refurbished Compaq USB to ethernet adapters for only $0.99 each but shipping was about $15.00.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Yup the old shipping scam/switch on ebay...

Yup the old shipping scam/switch on ebay...
    Normally I'd agree with you but this guy was a dealer and combined shipping on multiple units. When you consider the fact that his time and money are involved as well as the cost of packing materials, the shipping costs weren't really out of line. I got two Compaq USB 1.1 ethernet adapters shipped for about 16 bucks total so it wasn't a bad deal at all.

F5D5050

$22.42 for a Belkin F5D5050 isn't bad? I believe this is USB 2.0. Do a cnet.com search.

Edit: Hmmm second thoughts not sure it is? Looks like the Netgear FA120 for $26 shipped from newegg.com is a good deal. (Just did a pricewatch search).
    Last edited by imaloserbaby; 11-17-2003 at 02:46 PM.

belkin

I just did a search on ebay and found at least 10 Belkin F5D5050 all for less than $10.00 and about $7.00 shipping. Is anyone using this adapter and getting good download speeds? I've looked everywhere for the Netgear FA120 and can't find it for less than $29.00

I got the .99 cent special the captain mentioned awhile back and my download speeds are horrendous. but it works fine otherwise for telnet and ftping non movie files.