Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips for 4.0 on your S2 DTivo

Anyone else having trouble turning off parental controls? I turn them off, then they are back on after a reboot. Is this just a feature of 4.0?

Originally posted by Juppers
    Anyone else having trouble turning off parental controls? I turn them off, then they are back on after a reboot. Is this just a feature of 4.0?
    Mine does the same, you have to turn off autolock feature and that helps
    2 SD-DVR40 --> 243 Hrs
    2 HDVR2 --> 240 Hrs (v4)
    Series 2 SA (v7)
    Happiness is a warm TiVo!

Re: Re: Finally, working mfs_ftp 4.X mips binaries

Originally posted by rc3105
    time to update your sig huh?
    You got it! Thanks for the reminder.

Also, I'm curious about the mfs_ftp.tcl edit we did and if it helped or not.

In other words, I'm staying with the setup I have, .L and 'with edit' and not installing the 'no cache' .m until I figure out if the edit is necessary or not.

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

Originally posted by Juppers
    It's the way my 4.X has always worked. BTW, I like it like that...

Just because my tivo has an 'issue' and reboots, or I reboot it while hacking, I wouldn't want the little ones to see what dad really wants to watch.

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

Question Re: Re: tivoweb timeshift

Originally posted by David Bought
    Take a look at the value in the field and then look at how it is being used. It's in the same place but the units of measurement have changed in 4.0. You will need to adjust the script to compensate.
    If anyone with programming knowledge deciphers this cryptic reply, could you post a reply in laymen's terms, so the rest of us can benefit.
    HR10-250 250m,3.1.5f,eth,ftpd,tivowebplus,fakecall,endpadplus

Re: Re: Re: tivoweb timeshift

Originally posted by tiivohoe
    If anyone with programming knowledge deciphers this cryptic reply, could you post a reply in laymen's terms, so the rest of us can benefit.
    What did you notice when you looked at the object in MFS? What do you know about how the existing code treats the value it reads?

If you don't know tcl, google keywords: tcl tutorial. There are a few complete idiots here who have learned tcl so there is no excuse why you can't.

Post specific, intelligent questions and you might get an answer. Beg for a handout on a dev board and you'll get roasted.

DSR704 dtivo won't boot 4.0 image

Just a warning to anyone contemplating getting a dsr704 dtivo, it wont boot the 4.0 image. I just went out and bought one at best but to experiment without messing up my dsr7000 (my wife hates when the box is open and the computer comes out). I installed my latest version of a monted hard drive and booted the unit. It went to powering up and then static and a black screen. Waited 10 minutes without anything happening and shut down. Restarted, same thing.

I moved the unit to my dsr7000, (wife got really pissed when I opened the box again), and the same drive booted fine. Took the drive back to the computer and did a restore of the original 4.0 image. Installed the drive in the DSR704, no boot. Same issue as before. Took it out and installed in the DSR7000 dtivo and it booted fine.

Any suggestions??????
    Brian S

FakeCall40

I updated the time field. Taking the time in seconds and subtracting the date seems to leave the correct time that the tivo is expecting.

USB 2.0 speed with 4.0?

Is it possible to get USB 2.0 speeds with the ax8817x driver on 4.0?

I've read the threads on the development of the ax8817x driver for the 2.4.4 kernel (backporting of ax8817x driver from 4.0, plus backporting of USB 2.0 drivers from 2.4.20, etc), but I haven't seen any reference to the porting of USB 2.0 stuff (ehci-hcd.o) to 2.4.18. Somone else asked this question a month back but got no response:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...threadid=29297

My D-Link DUB-E100 is working fine under 4.0 but from netcat speed tests (using the /dev/zero -> /dev/null setup described by others) it looks like USB 1.1 speeds.

Am I missing something obvious and asking the wrong question here?

tivoweb on 4.0

Add 240 to

httpd-tt.tcl

if { [lsearch "001 011 031 151" $suffix] >= 0 } {
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Recording Capacity

My System Information on the tivo is reporting "Recording Capacity: Variable, up to 32 hours" is this an error of some sort or did I mess up somewhere? Is there an easy way to check the recording capacity? My "info" in tivoweb is not working.

Re: Recording Capacity

Originally posted by tiivohoe
    My System Information on the tivo is reporting "Recording Capacity: Variable, up to 32 hours" is this an error of some sort or did I mess up somewhere? Is there an easy way to check the recording capacity? My "info" in tivoweb is not working.

Depends what size hardrive is in the unit and how did you hack it ?

Your sig indicates 107hrs so I would venture a 120gig drive that was not epanded correctly
    i.e. mfsrestore -s 127 -zxpi
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

I've encountered the same problem as tiivohoe, I installed 4.0 on my HDVR2 with a 60 gig harddrive and it says 32 hours, variable. I installed using the correct syntax: mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi . Could this possibly just be a bug in the 4.0 software being used on a Dtivo?

Originally posted by matty_m
    I've encountered the same problem as tiivohoe, I installed 4.0 on my HDVR2 with a 60 gig harddrive and it says 32 hours, variable. I installed using the correct syntax: mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi . Could this possibly just be a bug in the 4.0 software being used on a Dtivo?
    Thats what I'm hoping. I used Sleepers iso
    so I'm pretty sure mine was expanded. How can we check it?

The 107hr ref is from when I was running 3.1.1b on the same 120gig drive.
    Last edited by tiivohoe; 12-21-2003 at 08:29 PM.

Iv set my tivo up to record a ton of stuff, but regardless it will take a few days to actually reach the 32 hour point of recorded video...hopefully when it reaches 32 hours it will keep going without deleting anything...i really hope its just a software glitch in listing the hours.