3. DVD LAB 1.3Beta6
    4. Demux mpg with dvdlab
    5. Create Menu w/ play button linked to move 1
    6. Comple DVD w/ Alternative Multilplexing
    7. Use powerdvd to open VOB file, it works fine, can slide forward
    and reverse with no problems
    8. Nero, copy Video and Audio folders into DVD video
    9. Burn

Will not play in powerdvd after burn. If I open vob file it works.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong????

Thanks,

JQ

I used Trilight's method and it works fine.

HERE

Tytool8r3a mulitiplex to PC

Edited with MPG2VCR and saved to new mpg

DVD LAB to demux file into mpv and mpa

DVD LAB external program to BESweet to encode audio

DVD LAB to create DVD Menu linked to movie

DVD LAB to Comple DVD w/ alternative mulitplexing

Used Nero 6 to burn dvd-video

Works in my DVD player

The post above lists the versions of all the software I used and thanks to the howto from Trilight, I burnt my first good dvd...

If you recorded with a DirecTivo you shouldn't have to encode the audio. That's only required for standalone Tivos. If you're not terribly concerned about creating fancy menus then you might find it easier to stick with TyTool from start to finish, although jdiner has implemented some new features that's making the menu creation way better than it used to be.

1) Extract in TyStream mode.

2) Create key file.

3) Edit key file in GOP Editor. Save a bitmap for use as a menu backdrop.

4) Save cut file and close GOP Editor.

5) Resize the bmp in MS Paint to 150% horizontally to convert it from 480X480 to 720X480 resolution.

6) VOB-mux the file in TyTool.

7) Create IFOs/dirs in TyTool; import the bitmap image and set up the menu title and elements.

8) Create IFOs.

9) Burn with Nero.

The main thing you'll notice is that it takes less time than processing via DVD-Lab. There's an awful lot of muxing and demuxing going on that doesn't seem necessary, which is why I rarely use it. TyTool won't give you frame accurate cuts like MPEG2VCR can but it's pretty darn close for most ty files.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Ok.....

Followed your post in another thread on my question about DD.

I think it's working, kind of... I don't know if it's XP causing my issues.

I split the file at 60 chuncks, to bypass the non-dd but was unable to use tytool on the file, it crashed each time.

I vsplit3.14b1 the file into an mpeg and imported into dvd-lab, muxed the file into v and a and it picked up the DD 5.1

I am now compiling the DVD... fingers are crossed....

Thanks,

JQ
    Last edited by jquest1234; 11-07-2003 at 05:16 PM.

Try a higher value. I typically have to use a value higher than 150 before it will process the ty file with no errors. This is particularly true of PPVs on DTV. The first 30 seconds are always non-Dolby Digital for the DTV intro. This is the part that you have to cut out using tyfilesplit. It's also why I don't use the audiocheck utility to locate the start of the DD audio. There can sometimes be a lot of trial and error involved or you could simply have a bad tystream.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!