Thread: DVD,MPEG encoding, and tyserver question

DVD,MPEG encoding, and tyserver question

Ok, after reading till my eyes bled, I still have a couple of questions reguarding extraction on directivo.

1. What is the easiest way to get the mpeg created from tytools to dvd compatible? I am extracting using tytools and multiplexmode, and audio at 48@224 and standard mux output. I understand that it is in 480X480 resolution and I either need to get it to 352X480 or 720X480 for compatible DVD burning. What is the best/fastest mpeg encoder.

2. what is the bitrate of the encoded stream? 4000kbps 3000kbps what???? this will help in rendering so not too much space is used.

3. On tytools what is the difference between standard mux output and vcd/svcd mux output?

4. Is there a way to run tyserver automatically on the tivo unit so I do not have to manually start it everytime I want to get a show?

Thanks

^^^^^

480x480 will play on mostly all DVD players.
    Transcoding to a different resolution takes a lot of time and will seriously degrade quality.

Yes -- try burning it as is. If that doesn't work... then buy a new DVD player. Seriously -- reenocding it is not worth your time. I'd bet that those $30 players are compatible, but I haven't tried them (yet).

Thanks for the responses. What movie/dvd software are you using? I have tried ulead dvd and it will only get about an hour per disc even though the mpg's are only about 2 gig .... Thanks
    Last edited by davel; 12-09-2003 at 11:09 AM.