Thread: wrong speed?

wrong speed?

First try with my new DVD cutter.

Everything seems to work OK on the PC - I extracted the ty files, processed them and burned a Verbatim 2.4x DVD+RW (that being what I've got to hand). This plays perfectly on two different PCs with a variety of different DVD software.

But on the DVD player (Samsung S224) it seems to play at about 1.5 x standard speed (judging by the audio), and the video is ****y.

Have I done something wrong, or is this an media incompatibility issue? I don't have any -R or -RW discs, but I have a box of +R - I may have to sacrifice one of these to see whether it's any better on the player.

David

Re: wrong speed?

Originally posted by djrowley
    First try with my new DVD cutter.

But on the DVD player (Samsung S224) it seems to play at about 1.5 x standard speed (judging by the audio), and the video is ****y.

David
    If the moderators are watching, I object to the absurd censorship. I wrote "the video is j e r k y" but the stupid software has decided that "j e r k y" is too rude a word for the delicate eyes of adults talking about video.

David

Re: Re: wrong speed?

If the moderators are watching, I object to the absurd censorship. I wrote "the video is j e r k y" but the stupid software has decided that "j e r k y" is too rude a word for the delicate eyes of adults talking about video.

David
    That is not the moderators doing. That is the forum system automatic stopping of what I would call insulting words. There ar many that it just replaces. No one came along and edited the word or anythind like that.

That is why most people use the word choppy when describing playback.

--jdiner

As for what the problem is. I would assume that it has to do with the fact that you are on an SATivo, in this case given your location I would say a UKTivo actually...

This would require the audio to be transcoded. When you upgrade to a new version the audio transcoding setting is lost. Check it and make sure it is still set to transcoding.

--jdiner

Re: Re: Re: wrong speed?

Originally posted by jdiner
    That is not the moderators doing. That is the forum system automatic stopping of what I would call insulting words. There ar many that it just replaces. No one came along and edited the word or anythind like that.

That is why most people use the word choppy when describing playback.

--jdiner
    Sure, I didn't mean to imply that somebody had made a decision to change it, but in the scheme of things it's a pretty inoffensive word (the one which was starred), and the whole word is entirely innocent. I was sort of reporting the forum software for being too touchy.

As for what the problem is. I would assume that it has to do with the fact that you are on an SATivo, in this case given your location I would say a UKTivo actually...

This would require the audio to be transcoded. When you upgrade to a new version the audio transcoding setting is lost. Check it and make sure it is still set to transcoding.

--jdiner
    You're right, of course. Thanks.

I see three settings for DVD 48k - 160, 192 and 224. Is there a big difference in quality?

David

You're right, of course. Thanks.

I see three settings for DVD 48k - 160, 192 and 224. Is there a big difference in quality?

David
    Not really. The 160 will be the smallest output. But the US SATivo records in 192. So I would stay there. 48@192 will give you good results with minimal changes to the source audio data.

--jdiner

Not really. The 160 will be the smallest output. But the US SATivo records in 192. So I would stay there. 48@192 will give you good results with minimal changes to the source audio data.

--jdiner
    Thanks - I'll try it.

And thanks again for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.

David

Why does the forum give "14" as the number of posts I have made, on every posting?

I admit that I'm not a Senior Member, but I've nearly posted that many today.

David

Why does the forum give "14" as the number of posts I have made, on every posting?

I admit that I'm not a Senior Member, but I've nearly posted that many today.

David
    Ah, I see. Ignore me, for I am an *****. I didn't notice that it updates the number against old posts as well (at least this will put up my count again).

David

Ah, I see. Ignore me, for I am an *****. I didn't notice that it updates the number against old posts as well (at least this will put up my count again).

David
    There you go. It seems that "i d i o t" is also too rude to post. Even if I am one.

David