Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody need LNBP15SP's ???

Talking Anybody need LNBP15SP's ???

I got tired of tracking this damn chip down and finally found a lot of them I could purchase. Obviously, I had to order way more than I needed, so I would like to sell a few. I am pricing them at $6.00 each, I will ship via USPS priority mail, and I can take paypal for payments.

Also, I have now invested in a SMD rework station so I have toyed with the idea of doing repairs for those that don't want to tackle surface mount work. Anybody interested ??

Good price. I found them for $6.00 each also. It looks like they are starting to surface at decent prices. If your looking for stv0299b chips they come inside philips 5353 and probably other irds. Get them while you can on ebay for a decent price.
    Last edited by vu2vu; 11-14-2003 at 02:55 AM.

Chips

Is this the same chip that is inthe GXCEBOT (same as DSR6000). I am having a problem with mine getting a signal from all but two transponders. Might this be the problem (bad LNBP chips?)

These are the same chips as used in the GXCEBOT as well as the Sony sat-t60. However, I doubt that these will fix your problem. Usually when a LNBP fails you get only odd or even transponders or possibly nothing at all. If you are getting ~ 13 and 18 volts at the tuner then it is not the LNBP. If the voltage is low or missing then this could be the culprit.

Voltage

Where do I check for this 13 to 18v? Is there a link to any schematics for the DSR600 GXCEBOT?

You check it at the sat tuner input. It should be 13 for one group of transponders (odd or even, I forget) and 18 vdc for the other group. As for the schematic, I have one. It is for the sony version but all of the series 1 Dtivo's use the exact same motherboard. If you want I can send it to you. It is a pdf that zipped is 4.05 meg.

By the way, I am assuming that you have checked and/or swapped your LNB to make sure that is not the problem, right ?

How about your second tuner, does it exhibit the same problem or does it work fine ?

Chazbell,

Can i get a copy of the schmeatic too. I'm not sure if this is the same problem that I'm having. I have thd DSR6000 and sat 1 only gets odds transponder. Sat 2 gets all input just fine.. . during boot up I'm stuck @ 26%.

TIA

Nost

Schematic's for DSR6000 / T60

once again, the info's been avail for a while, just gotta search a bit
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

Sat signal

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...threadid=30339

I started this thread for the signal problem.

Thanks for the help. I will check the sat input for the correct voltages. Is this with the sat cable connected or disconnected?

Missing 30V

Well it looks as though i am missing my 30V i cant seem to find out where or what is causing the problem. Any pointers? I have searched the forum for hints and come up empty handed for tracking down the 30V on a DSR6000 or GXCEBOT.
    Last edited by sinman; 12-14-2003 at 07:05 PM.

nostalgia - You definitely have a bad LNBP. What you describe are the exact symptoms. Now you need to get ahold of a new chip and a surface mount rework station, or have somebody do it for you......

rc3105 posted a link to schematics, but let me know if you want the pdf sent to you.

Sinman - If you are missing the 30v supply you might want to look towards the power ribbon cable or the power supply itself. Hopefully the schematic will help you out. As for testing the voltages, without the cables connected is appropriate.

A little easier might be to check the pins on the LNBP. Pins 1/2 are both input voltage. Memory serves that it should be around 22 VDC, but I might be mistaken. Pin 3 of the LNBP is the output to the tuner module. At this point you should have 13 or 18 VDC depending on odd or even transponder.

Sinman - e-mail to you with the zipped pdf just bounced back. Got a mailbox that will hold 4+ meg ?

Can you msg me on how to purchase a LNBP chip from you?

NOst

30V

I am missing the 30V at the power supply even with the cable dissconected from the main board i dont have 30v.

I hope this is all I think it is...

Originally posted by nostalgia
    Chazbell,

Sat 2 gets all input just fine.. . during boot up I'm stuck @ 26%.

TIA

Nost
    Chazbell,
    I had the same problem and simply "did not" plug the inputs from my LNB up until it passed that screen and went to the one where you see the TiVo guy and the colored balls in () at the bottom. Mine would stop at 28% everytime. It is a known problem with the software but not that nessacery to fix.
    I hope this is the problem you're having because it is easy to by-pass.

email

chazbell, i sent you an email. I dont know whats up with mine, i dont have a limit on my mail box. Please resend
    Thanks