Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New HDDVR40 image

Originally posted by shawn
    Has anybody else heard that DTV are claiming to be putting an update out by the end of the year that will no longer allow any altering of Tivo software. You will not even be able to add record time is what they are saying. Has anyone been able to upgrade an SD-DVR40 to more hrs or take an image from 1 DVR40 to another.?
    I have just installed a 120 gig hd into my DVR40 and it works fine.. So I guess the claims are false...

Cool
    Do a clear and delete all and when it starts to reboot pull the chord then upload the backup to tivostuff.com
    That way no clear and delete is needed for the image after upgrading.

Originally posted by shawn
    Cool
    Do a clear and delete all and when it starts to reboot pull the chord then upload the backup to tivostuff.com
    That way no clear and delete is needed for the image after upgrading.
    I have an image of it already.. I can put on tivostuff.com... Its an image that I took off right away when I got the tivo.

I am getting decompression error restore failed on the image that was posted for ftp download last weekend. Cokekid, did you ever get this image to Tivostuff?

yes

I did get this image downloaded.
    No menu's however.
    Any chance the update to 3.1b will replace them?

I see where somebody uploaded this image to the site. But there is no file telling me what it is.

PM me with details.

Dennis

I made a backup for the DVR40 that works with backgrounds.
    Interesting thing is if you take a DVR40 image to a HDVR2 no sound at all. Guess we know how to fix the sound problems. Buy a DVR40. Or is the DVR40 having sound drops as well? I didnt activate the 1 i have it is in the mail to my Mom for Christmas.
    I just pulled an image off it and upgraded her to 105hrs.

30 rca dvr40

Quote Originally Posted by shawn
    I made a backup for the DVR40 that works with backgrounds.
    Interesting thing is if you take a DVR40 image to a HDVR2 no sound at all. Guess we know how to fix the sound problems. Buy a DVR40. Or is the DVR40 having sound drops as well? I didnt activate the 1 i have it is in the mail to my Mom for Christmas.
    I just pulled an image off it and upgraded her to 105hrs.

well i have the rca dvr40, is it possible to upgrade the subscription level? like unlimited when i upgrade to a bigger hdd????

Quote Originally Posted by preacher
    well i have the rca dvr40, is it possible to upgrade the subscription level? like unlimited when i upgrade to a bigger hdd????
    Absolutely. Call 1-800-DIRECTV and tell them what you are looking for, and they will find a package that best suits your needs.

Cokekid,

you still have the dvr40 image available?

Quote Originally Posted by newbie1conobie
    Cokekid,

you still have the dvr40 image available?
    I too need a DVR image.