Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: MFS_FTP on Series 2 Units

mfs_ftp has a log file called port3105.log. You can also change the logging level within the script. I have read that log level 5 will tell you absolutely everything that it is doing and where it is failing. Since your using an S2, you may want to post this this in the 'using mfs_ftp with s2' thread. I have read that there are versions of the support binaries that will not work well with mfs_ftp. I would look there first.
    perl -e 'print unpack("u","\@2\&\%V92\!Y;W4\@:&\%C:V5D(\%E/55\(\@5\&EV\;R\!T;V1A>3\\-\`"),"\n";'

See inf you can insert from your PC.

The stock answer is that you have one of the duff S2 binaries which are floating about. I'd try getting hold of a known good set.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Thanks for the responses guys. I've confirmed I have the latest Series2 binaries and will give the logging stuff a try. I haven't tried inserting from a PC yet, but will perhaps give that a shot as well. Just trying to avoid the middleman (PC) if possible, since the recordings are so large in size. Here's what I found in the port.3105.log file when trying to transfer a South Park recording:

Code:
    info(version): 1.2.9p                                                           
    info(tswv): 3.1.1b-02-2-351                                                     
    info(dbl): 0                                                                    
    info(ithrottle): 2                                                              
    info(insert_priority): 10                                                       
    info(multithreaded): 0                                                          
    info(saveuntil): suggestion                                                     
    info(name_detail): 5                                                            
    info(bjuggle): 0                                                                
    info(active): 0                                                                 
    info(ac_interval): 1800                                                         
    info(gatewayip): 127.0.0.1                                                      
    info(gatewayport): 3105                                                         

catch close lastsock val ""                                                     
    10:29:40:PM - 220 Mfs_Ftp ver 1.2.9p - {sock22} from "192.168.1.253:4957"       
    10:29:50:PM - 331 User name okay, need password.                                
    10:29:50:PM - 230 Running in TiVo Mode.                                         
    10:29:50:PM - 215 UNIX                                                          
    10:29:50:PM - 502 Command not implemented "FEAT"                                
    10:29:50:PM - 257 "/" is current directory.                                     
    10:29:50:PM - 250 Directory change successful.                                  
    10:29:50:PM - 257 "/tmf" is current directory.                                  
    10:29:50:PM - 200 Type set to I                                                 
    10:29:50:PM - 200 PORT command successful.                                      
    10:29:50:PM - 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for "{{South Park}{2000-07
    bgerror invoked with error                                                      

" syntax error in expression "" "                                              

re-initializing mfs_ftp                                                         

close the current ftp connection and simply open another                        

"core dump" :p
    Last edited by ratlhead; 02-26-2004 at 11:20 PM.

Upload failed and now unable to delete

Recently I was uploading a bunch of shows that I had on my Linux machine back onto the TiVo.

Unfortunately, during the upload process, my TiVo decided to reboot.

I was sleeping so I didn't notice until the next day. When I took a look at the Now Showing list, I have one of the shows stuck as recording.

The problem is that I can't delete it now. Selecting Delete now from the TiVo menu just brings back to the Now Showing screen.

If I try to FTP into mfs_ftp and get a directory listing, the server drops the connection.

If I try to delete it from TivoWebPlus, it returns back "Delete Failed".

Is there anyway I can delete this show?

Quote Originally Posted by johannes
    Is there anyway I can delete this show?
    try:
    Code:
    echo "RubbishObjectByFsId FSID" | tivosh
    You fill in the FSID
    (be careful of capitalization)

Quote Originally Posted by BTUx9
    try:
    Code:
    echo "RubbishObjectByFsId FSID" | tivosh
    You fill in the FSID
    (be careful of capitalization)
    Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ratlhead
    Hi all...this is probably a newbie question, but I've searched the last several hours and can't find a solution, so let the flaming begin if necessary. In any case...

I have 2 DirecDVR's networked and running great with the Monte ISO. I can successfully extract videos using TyTools and tserver, but would like to transfer recordings from one Tivo to another. I've installed SmartFTP and tried to do this, but no luck.

Basically, when I drag the .tmf file from one Tivo to the other, the machine receiving the file decides to close the connection. When I look at the file that was copied over, it's a 0 byte file and is labeled as a {Recording}. Of course, it's not playable or even deletable using the TV interface...have to delete it manually.

Anyone with any thoughts? Thanks for the help...

-Mike
    I have the same prob
    i have tried FlashFXP SmartFTP and FileZilla
    did you find anything out?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joeyfig
    I have the same prob
    i have tried FlashFXP SmartFTP and FileZilla
    did you find anything out?

Joe
    Not yet Joe. Hoping someone can post a solution soon though.

Fix (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by ratlhead
    Not yet Joe. Hoping someone can post a solution soon though.
    Hey guys,

I was having the same exact prob as you and found looking deeper in my logs, that there was an error:

Code:

" couldn't execute "./mfs_tarstream": permission denied " 

re-initializing mfs_ftp

Simply `chmod 755 mfs_tarstream` and you are able to extract the .tmf files.

I hope this helps you out.

Dan

damn...

Quote Originally Posted by soundfx
    Hey guys,

I was having the same exact prob as you and found looking deeper in my logs, that there was an error:

Code:

" couldn't execute "./mfs_tarstream": permission denied " 

re-initializing mfs_ftp

Simply `chmod 755 mfs_tarstream` and you are able to extract the .tmf files.

I hope this helps you out.

Dan
    ok, well that allowed me to be able to transfer tmf files to my PC, but still errored out on TiVo to TiVo transfer. I saw another file that needed chmod 755 done: ./mfs_stdinsert when I was trying to place files into the other TiVo.

Still not able to insert into Tivo.

Code:

" error writing "file31": broken pipe " 

re-initializing mfs_ftp

info(version): 1.2.9p
    info(tswv): 3.1.1b-02-2-351
    info(dbl): 0
    info(ithrottle): 2
    info(insert_priority): 10
    info(multithreaded): 0
    info(saveuntil): suggestion
    info(name_detail): 5
    info(bjuggle): 0
    info(active): 0
    info(ac_interval): 1800
    info(gatewayip): 127.0.0.1
    info(gatewayport): 3105

catch close lastsock val ""
    Anyone have any ideas?

Dan

Question mfs_ftp using 35-45% of cpu?

I have a Sleeper'd SA2, and top reports that mfs_ftp is using 35-45% of the cpu when idle. Do I have something set up wrong?

100% CPU mfs_ftp and tivoweb under 4.0

Seems 4.0 may have a different idea about blocking on sockets than 3.X. Both tcl based servers will suck 100% of the CPU when waiting for connections (non-blocking socket wait). I notice we do a "fconfigure $chan -buffering none -blocking 1" in some sections could it be that 4.0 has more states for blocking? Anyone else seeing this?

Quote Originally Posted by LazLong
    I have a Sleeper'd SA2, and top reports that mfs_ftp is using 35-45% of the cpu when idle. Do I have something set up wrong?
    this is normal. on 4.0, tcl scripts that loop will show very high cpu usage when you check with "ps -aux" or whatever. unless the receiver is acting funny, its not a problem.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Quote Originally Posted by mrblack51
    this is normal. on 4.0, tcl scripts that loop will show very high cpu usage when you check with "ps -aux" or whatever. unless the receiver is acting funny, its not a problem.
    So your saying these tivosh scripts under 4.0 should be spinning? It does slow things down quite a bit in myworld. Has anyone done any research on how to stop this as the box is much peppier without these things sucking the CPU dry.

I think I have found it. Under 4.0 it is always check the /tmp/S_EventSwitcherSocket97 as well as the network socket so it can't to a blocking select. This and the mempool bug for "full" tivos seems to argue we should only run one network service. Now to see if I can shutdown that Socket and do blocking somehow.