Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: tivoapp patches and hacks

Originally posted by vu2vu
    Superzap would be the one to consult regarding these hacks. He has already done them.
    And I'm assuming he did them based on the patches I provided. But anyway, where is the source code for those binaries?

Originally posted by MuscleNerd
    And I'm assuming he did them based on the patches I provided. But anyway, where is the source code for those binaries?
    Hmm, he did that a long time ago.. think the noobs might have ran him off.

:)

Originally posted by emu
    Heh, that's ok...it was sort of rhetorical anyway. I was amused by the claim that he came up with the patches to begin with.

Originally posted by emu

What does this mean? Was the source posted?

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

Originally posted by NutKase
    What does this mean? Was the source posted?
    Oh the source has been posted, but not by superzap...by me. A simple examination of "strings" run against the binaries should convince you that these are my patch programs, just spread across multiple flavors. Don't forget, I had these patches over on AVS for a long time, before I picked up and left there.

When other people get credit for your work, it really does make closed-source look more appealing.

Last edited by MuscleNerd; 11-25-2003 at 03:58 AM.

When other people get credit for your work, it really does make closed-source look more appealing.
    No. I meant any 'superzap' source. I have no doubt that he used your patches.

NutKase

PS. Don't do it... err, move to the 'closed' dark side I'm no where near you yet but if I can ever get an fscking x-compiler working I'll help.
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    Fully hacked SA S1

Musclenerd, after careful examination of the xplusz readme it turns out that he did give you credit for it. I have deleted my attachment because no credit was given inside. It was my mistake for assuming that since superzap wrote the patches because he ended all of his file names with sz for superzap. Muslenerd I hope you don't stop creating open source software, it would be a real shame to lose you over a misunderstanding on my part.
    Last edited by vu2vu; 11-25-2003 at 07:03 AM.

Oh ok cool....no harm, no foul

I just wanted to say thanks MuscleNerd for the great patches.
    Mikey

Originally posted by dah31
    I'm new to MIPS, and I've been playing with IDA on some of the smaller binaries from 4.0.
    Which version of IDA? I'm getting errors as metioned in this thread. Are there settings I need to change for mips? Do you use mipsb (correct I think) mipsr or mipsl as cpu setting?

NutKase
    Fully hacked SA S1

Am I the only one here who still runs 2.52 ?
    If someone could PM me with the patch, that prevents me from wanting to go forward, Id be most gratefull, as the Tivo tier is not something I want to deal with...
    Last edited by scanman0; 11-26-2003 at 02:45 AM.

Originally posted by scanman0
    If someone could PM me with the patch, that prevents me from wanting to go forward, Id be most gratefull, as the Tivo tier is not soething I want to deal with...
    bypassing the tivo tier is purely service theft related, as any legitimate sub should have it. therefore, it really isnt appropriate for discussion here.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Your not the only one running 252, I actually prefer it. I haven't found any reason to upgrade yet. Read my post above, you can find all the MusclNerds patches for tivo 2.5 - 3.1 inside superzaps xplusz program. They are all compiled and read to go. The file your looking for is T301252sz.

Originally posted by scanman0
    If someone could PM me with the patch, that prevents me from wanting to go forward, Id be most gratefull, as the Tivo tier is not something I want to deal with...

That's great for people with DTivos...but what about those of us with SA TiVos running 3.0...anyone got a copy of the patch utility for skip30?

Too bad nobody bothered to archive all of MuscleNerd's great contributions.

I would be intrested in the script to modify SA 3.0 to enable 30 second script as well. It looks like it was posted on AVS but has been removed. In the mean time MacGyver you can look here for a script that enables 30 sec skip at bootup using sendkey commands. It is no where as good as MuscleNerd's method, but better than nothing.