Thread: Problems with GOPEditor when editing large key files?

Problems with GOPEditor when editing large key files?

I'm using that latest TyTool on XP, and I thought this problem had cleared up since I hadn't seen it in a while, but it showed up again tonight.

I have a 5GB+ ty (SVCD resolution), and generate the key file. When I edit it in GOPEditor, I can't move past the first handful of frames. Ctrl-End doesn't go anywhere, Ctrl--> doesn't go anywhere. I can't find a way around this. Anyone else experienced this and know of a solution?

Searched and didn't see anything relevant.

Since SVCD resolution is 480X480 I'll assume that you're using a ty file extracted from a DirecTivo. Depending on what your end product is intended to be (i.e. DVD, SVCD, VCD, etc.), I would first recommend breaking up your ty file into smaller segments. You can extract just the amount you want by specifying the length in chunks of the file you wish to extract or you can extract a group of FSIDs using the Get Parts option. Since you've already extracted the file you can also use TyFileSplit to cut it into several parts. In other words, I think your problem stems from trying to process a file that's just too big.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

I've noticed a problem when I pull a file that is really big. I think it was over 7GB (3hrs @ BEST). At least twice when I loaded the file I didn't get a information/control part of the screen in GOPEdit. At least one other time the program froze up. When I didn't get the right side of the screen I just reloaded the key file and it came right up (no long wait to reload the key file). I just chalk it up to large files.

ew

How do you get a file that big?

When I try to extract a file larger than 4 gig after writing 4 gig I get an error "-1 returned when trying to write 131072 bytes".

I'm using 8r4 on win 2k