Thread: no dolby digital on ppv's, have on hbo etc

no dolby digital on ppv's, have on hbo etc

running ext 2.52 on a sony t-60...i can get dolby digital on hbo, showtime, etc but i cannot get it on any ppvs. in fact, i cant get any sound on a dd ppv channel..any ideas what the cause of this is and how to fix it? thanks..

Rumor has it that DTV is no longer transmitting DD for PPV movies. There was some discussion of this topic in another recent thread.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Not sure about Digital, but I just recorded Chicago and the sound was Dolby Surround.

My receiver is a little old and it cannot auto-decode the audio, but I didn't notice any difference between Dolby Surround (ProLogic) and Dolby Digital modes.

yah i noticed that in another thread capt'n...noone ever followed up on it tho. sucks no dd on ppv, least still have hbo's etc