Thread: HMO-Lite on DTivo

HMO-Lite on DTivo

I kept reading about the new features (HMO and folders) in 4.0 but had no idea how cool they looked until I saw this

I really want the Photo Viewer functionality on my DSR7000. Until now, I didn't see the need for the 4.0 upgrade, now that I see what's possible it really bothers me that I cannot have it.

So, here is an open question: Is it possible in some way to leverage the software in 4.0 and have the photo viewer "enabled" on HDVR2/DSR7000? I really don't need any of the encryption or accessing other TiVos (only have 1 Tivo) on the network. Don't need MP3 either (have a DVD of MP3s on my player).

Any ideas?

Erhan

See HMO isn't a big deal for me since I use XBOX Media Player... Best program i've ever seen for the xbox.

I want 4.0 (official) so I can get the following:

1) Folders/Categories
    2) Watch from Beginning Option
    3) Rumored speed increases.

I'm very tempted to put 4.0 on my dtivo but I really would like an official version. I wish dtv would get off their a$$es
    Last edited by Majian; 12-02-2003 at 09:35 PM.

Re: HMO-Lite on DTivo

Originally posted by erhan
    Is it possible...to...have the photo viewer "enabled" on HDVR2?...
    I too would be very interested in this functionality, but my following of the "4.0 on your S2 DTivo" thread says that the answer is No.

From that very interesting link you posted:
    "Music and Photos" only appears if you've purchased the Home Media Option.
    Since I haven't heard of anyone with HMO working on their HDVR2, it sounds like this function is still out there.

Here's hoping that I'm wrong, and that someone will correct me if so. If so, 4.0 here I come!
    Last edited by SteveT; 12-03-2003 at 10:12 AM.

Tip #3: Even if the SA S2 image you've restored from has HMO enabled, you won't be able to get those keys to work on your box (unless you swap out the crypto chip). HMO keys are tied to your TCD number. However, all of the HMO functionality *is* in that 4.0 tivoapp, even on an S2 DTivo. It just needs to be unlocked.
    reading this on the top thread ... wouldn't this mean that the HMO functionality is there for the enabling...? I'd have to imagine there would be a tcl running around somewhere to do just that...

Xbox Media player works great for this, plus its a divx/xvid player also and you can also stream shoutcast.

Originally posted by hallandnash
    reading this on the top thread ... wouldn't this mean that the HMO functionality is there for the enabling...? I'd have to imagine there would be a tcl running around somewhere to do just that...
    yes, its there in 4.0. however, a simple tcl script is too simple...trivializing the problem
    Last edited by mrblack51; 12-03-2003 at 05:27 PM.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

the answer could very well be a little tcl script, but nobody knows yet

Let me clarify the original question.. Can anybody think of a different way of doing this. I don't want to get stuck trying to hack the HMO, which might prove to be fruitless. How about alternative methods. I never thought of using Tivo for photo slide shows, but what I saw intrigued me.

I'm thinking about a lite samba client (or some other network protocol to stream files from a Windows machine) and a slide show viewer of some kind. Do such apps exist or is this a really unreasonable approach.

Erhan

As far as I know from reading other forums, you are best to wait for the official release of HMO on DTivo's.

HMO

is there any plans to offer HMO for the DTivo2 ?? If so I'm buying ASAP..

please share any info you may have heard. Thanks

Re: HMO

Originally posted by MiamiTV
    is there any plans to offer HMO for the DTivo2 ?? If so I'm buying ASAP..

please share any info you may have heard. Thanks
    as has been stated numerous times in numerous threads, the s2 dtivos have the capability for HMO, however, DTV has not indicated when, if ever, they will allow it on the dtivos.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids