Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UTV Preview Mode

moneyshotz, you have been PM'd. Thanks!

Where is the dat file?

can someone please post the famous rar that contains the dat file for the utv preview mode fix.
    thx
    el3men2

el3men2:

Did anyone ever teach you to read or only to write? Did you even read the entire thread? You may want to try doing a ***little*** bit more research before posting something as stupid as you did.

aLfer

sorry dont mean to flame but COME ON!

LMAO

I have to agree with alFer there. Read and you shall become enlightened.

i have tried this fix aLfer but for some reason i must be doing something wrong or it dosent work. heres whai did..... while UTV is running i unplugged ide cable left power on then fired up my pc and before it detects the hd i hit pause then plug ide cable from pc to hard drive in utv unit hit enter and it sees it and xp boots up
    i open winhex and its a full version i goto tools clone disk point to the browser file source is physical hard drive 2 and i tell it to copy whole image at 154545024it says it writes 131104 something like that and i click ok, i unplug pc's ide cable unplug utv from wall plug back utv's ide cable take to my tv plug power back up and fire up unit all leds flash which tells me its overwritting somethini g i assume, and i still get the damn preview i am using a western digital 80 gig hd ...can you tell me what am i doing wrong...thank you

Nrmf

How did you save the .bmp did you save it to your pc as a .rar and then unzip the .rar and extract that file?

i clicked on the link then it says what do i want to do open or save i choose save and changed it to all types and plugged in thename browser.rar then i extracted the .rar files by right clicking on it and saying extract here
    then i point to taht place for the source file i am trying everything and this thing is kicking my butt

So its not the simple stuff

That is how I would have done it too Nrmf. Since my UTV is working I havent had to try this. Sorry I couldn't assist.

i just dont know why it dosent work can someone put in there 2 cents worth is it possible that if i had a better 3.5 image life would be better. if not gonna sell this thing wife is on my butt

Nrmf:

This file is not a 3.5 image. I don't believe it is even from a system with 3.5 software, I think it is from a unit running 3.7 but it likely doesn't matter.

The source files are compressed as well as the whole package. I believe you need to extract the package which will give you three archives as well as a readme. After you do that you need to extract the archive that applies to your drive. Once that is done you need to apply the browser partition to your drive.

If you are reapplying your image fresh and trying to do it all in one step you are messing up.

Apply OS image, put in UTV and boot it. WOW, UTV functions don't work.

Hotswap drive cable to PC and start winhex again and apply the browser image to your drive in the correct place and unplug the cable from the PC and power off the UTV and hook things back up there and UTV functions should work. If not, I am looking for a UTV unit so pm me as I am interested ;p

am trying that for third time, and thats all i got left in me until tommrow very tired and frustrated. thank you for the help everyone will let you know tommrow how it went. thast what i have done but i may hva eto go back to scracth like u said

1.apply 3.5 image
    2. hook up unit
    3. hot swap and load patch
    4. kick it out the door

thank you Nrmf

Thumbs up Thanks I figured it out

It seemed too simple, maybe I just read into it too much. But yeah thanks again. all I had to do was rename the bmp to the rar extension.

P.S. geminicat where I'm from the only stupid question is the one that is no asked.

Semper Fi

need more info

I'm assuming your loading the 80gb file for your 80gb drive?
    cause wrong size won't work...also those files are based on wd drives...i don't know what drive you have. have you checked to make sure the sector your writing to is correct for your drive?
    I.E. double checking the partition table at 178c1000 or at least looking at the sector your writing to first to make sure it is the right location for your drive?

UTV still in demo mode

I followed all of the steps posted here and everything seemed to go smoothly but, still in demo mode, I have at seagate 80 gig drive and wrote the 80 gig file with winhex after unzipping the rar file, anyone have any ideas?

OK since everyone seems to be having trouble getting utv back, this is the way to check and make sure you are writing the correct file at the correct location. First off, make sure that after you initially write the 32MB 3.5 or 3.7 image, that you FIRST BOOT the utv (get to the setup screens.) Then you will need to hot swap the drive again to overwrite your current browser partition. If you write the browser image the same time you write the OS image, it will overwrite the browser partition again when it boots.

The easiest way to determine if you are writing the image at the correct location, is to open your drive in winhex, go to position>go to offset> and type in 178c1094. At your cursor you will see a 4 byte number in the form of AB CD EF GH. This number needs to be swapped for you to read it correctly, so:

AB CD EF GH becomes EF GH AB CD
    12 34 56 78 becomes 56 78 12 34
    XX XX YY YY becomes YY YY XX XX
    B5 70 04 48 becomes 04 48 b5 70

Everybody still with me?

OK, now take the number that you swapped and compare it to the following list:

40 GB: 04 48 b5 70
    80 GB: 09 36 2b 80
    100 GB: 0B 45 22 30
    120 GB: 0d 99 4b b0

If the number you found is NOT IN THIS LIST, you CANNOT USE THE POSTED IMAGES. you need to take your number and re-read satchmoe's detailed post VERY carefully to manually edit your image file to work with your drive. You also will end up writing your custom image file to another sector (NOT the one listed in my earlier post).

If you have verified that your number matches the ones I posted, the only thing I can suggest is to zero the drive completely using MHD3.exe and start over from scratch.

Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion.

aLfer
    Last edited by aLfer; 12-25-2003 at 08:37 PM.