Thread: TIVO stuck @ 26%, Help and suggestion appreciated

TIVO stuck @ 26%, Help and suggestion appreciated

I already did a search and tried the solution of stuck @28%. My tivo is stuck @ 26% during initilatizaion Something that I noticed. Input 1 when I'm doing a signal test only recieved odd transponder, while input 2 receive both even and odd transponder.

I tried reloading my virgin image back onto my dtivo series 1 DSR6000.

please let me knwo if you have any suggestion or comment. I can still use the tivo but the annoying nag of sattelite input 1 is not found ect keeps on popping up.'

TIA

Nost

Thnx for the reply cali,

So you think it is the LNBP15SP and not the acutal tuner input that is causing the problem. I jsut took the MB out of the unit and was trying to find some info on where I should start taking some measurement.

I was reading this thread, but can't determine wehter its a bad LNBP or bad tuner.

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...ighlight=tuner

Can you show me how I can test to see if the LNBP is bad.

Thnx In Advance

nost
    Last edited by nostalgia; 12-14-2003 at 04:56 PM.

I bet...

I have a ten spot says all you need to do is unplug the inputs from the LNB from the back of your TiVo. Run the setup as normal. When it gets to this spot it will go for a few minutes and squeal about not having a signal. Tell it you will fix it later and move on. Connect the RG6 cables back up to your TiVo. Finish your setup and watch TV. Go try it, let me know if I am wrong plzzzz.

I bet ten bucks its not that problem..........yes you need a chip and not a tuner. The chips can have no visible damage and still not work, the internals go. If you have even or odd only, you need a chip, not a tuner.......

Thnx for all the feed back..

I did try the previous method recommend and The Greek is correct.. I'm not getting the proper voltage out on pin 3 on my LNBP. I have place and order for the chip and waiting for its arrival. I will have a techinian help me replact the SMT chip.

Nost

Learnin' the hard way

Yeah GREEK,
    Looks like I will keeping my mouth shut so I won't show how little I know. I just thought it sounded very similar to the problem I had and jumped the gun.

So if anybody needs me, I'll be over in the corner taking notes.

Re: Learnin' the hard way

Originally posted by bst278
    Yeah GREEK,
    Looks like I will keeping my mouth shut so I won't show how little I know. I just thought it sounded very similar to the problem I had and jumped the gun.

So if anybody needs me, I'll be over in the corner taking notes.
    You should be .....he said tuner 2 gets both even and odd...