Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Knoppix-Lite V3.3 ISO for Tivo

IMO it would be easier to just add smbclient/nfsclient support anyways :P
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    IMO it would be easier to just add smbclient/nfsclient support anyways :P
    AW, I haven't forgotten that. It will be added!

Sleeper, I agree with wierdo, I wouldn't enable NTFS writing (reading is already built-in, if needed). I didn't know about NTFS write actually causing damage. Besides, smbmount and nfsmount is sufficient for most everyone's needs. If only we could get the USB-EIDE drive option working (some say it does, some differ). That would be great because enclosures are around $30 (if you want USB2 it makes it higher).

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob
    If only we could get the USB-EIDE drive option working (some say it does, some differ). That would be great because enclosures are around $30 (if you want USB2 it makes it higher).
    Mine has been working just fine for quite some time. Who can not get their's working?

This thread should be a sticky. Can't wait till you implent your scripts into it

Quote Originally Posted by evil666
    This thread should be a sticky. Can't wait till you implent your scripts into it
    this thread will be sticky when the next release is made and tested
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

i use to have a belkin usb ethernet adapter so i installed the peagus drivers. now i got a linksys 200m so i need to install different drivers. how would i go about this without formatting my tivo hard drive and starting all over. is there any way to use this knoppix to do this? thanks.

I've been reading and reading and reading some more for a week now and am still in limbo. I am a windows networker and linux is all new to me.
    I wanted to get the ball rolling thought so i have tried the knoppix 3.3 but using how to's for other boot-disk hoping that the diferences would be obvious enough to pick out and change, but i can't even get my drives mounted. Is there or will there be a how to for the knobix boot disk or am i going to have to learn linuxa.
    Any Help would be greatly appreciated
    Sorry if this has been asked a trillion times i han't found the answer yet.......

Quote Originally Posted by jeliot86
    Is there or will there be a how to for the knoppix boot disk
    No, there will not be a howto for the Knoppix ISO. This is a linux distribution packaged with many tivo and linux tools and utilities for hacking your tivo.

or am i going to have to learn linux?
    Regardless of which linux flavor you use for hacking your tivo, you are going to have to learn linux. Knoppix-Lite has some features that no other distribution has.

If you don't want to learn linux then I suggest you look at TivoScripts.

Download URL unavailable

Hi Sleeper,

I'd love to download and try the Sleeppix ISO, but the site is unavailable. Any idea when it will be back up?

Or is there an alternate site? I didn't see it on emule.
    Thanks!

It can be found at www.pvrfiles.com
    When you're green, you grow!
    When you're ripe, you rot!

DSR6000 148Hours ver 2.52
    GXCEBOT 170 Hours ver 2.52 -MIA Sent in for repairs
    HDVR2 105 Hours ver 3.1b
    All Networked

Added a DSR7000

Problem with Promise ATA cards

Maybe this is less of a PITA than it's worth, but I've noticed that the Sleeper Knoppix CD will not boot on my boxes with PCI Promise ATA controllers. The boot just hangs while trying to access the devices. If I pull the drives from the card, everything is fine with the process (and there's nothing unique as far as I can tell about the drives).

I can get around it by not using drives on that controller, but I don't know how common those controllers are these days. Maxtor throws them into some drive boxes for free every now and then.

So, just an FYI if it's a simple fix.

Quote Originally Posted by OvitivO
    Maybe this is less of a PITA than it's worth, but I've noticed that the Sleeper Knoppix CD will not boot on my boxes with PCI Promise ATA controllers. The boot just hangs while trying to access the devices. If I pull the drives from the card, everything is fine with the process (and there's nothing unique as far as I can tell about the drives).

I can get around it by not using drives on that controller, but I don't know how common those controllers are these days. Maxtor throws them into some drive boxes for free every now and then.

So, just an FYI if it's a simple fix.
    As an additional FYI .. these controllers are being more and more incorporated into Motherboards to support RAID 0. Last time I checked every new ASUS board has one.
    Of course I'm only using logic since I don't have the knowledge ... and of course I DONATED !

I have a folder I would like to insert into the knoppix ISO, I tried winiso and it corrupted the boot image. Can someone reccommend a windows utility I can use to insert a folder in to Knoppix-LiteV3_3-post3.iso
    Of course I'm only using logic since I don't have the knowledge ... and of course I DONATED !