Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB100M with SIOCSIFADDR error

Unhappy USB100M with SIOCSIFADDR error

Hello I'm using Sleeper's ISO to get my Tivo on my network, using a USB100M adapter. I'm using the pegasus drivers. I don't have access to turbonet so I have to boot the tivo, remove the drive, and check the log files in another computer. When I checked the kernel logs I get the following :

SIOCSIFADDR : No such device
    eht0: unknown interface
    SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
    eth0 :unknown interface
    SIOCSIFNETMASK : No such device
    SIOCADDRT : Network unreachable

My USB100M is not a new version of it, it's relatively old, could this be the problem? Perhaps the driver doesn't support the USB100M older models? How can I debug this? I can't run ifconfig directly, only can place the HD in TIVO and back to view log files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-- Fernando

Get or make a serial cable. Did you install the Pegasus or ax8817x drivers?

I'm using the Pegasus drivers. I can find out how to get the serial working, can it work with HDVR2? I don't see a connection on my motherboard... I'll take a look first at the directions.

Thanks,

-- Fernando

You didn't mention if the lights on the USB100M were on.

If they were, then you are experiencing exactly what I saw last week. I solved the problem by replacing the USB100M with a DUB-E100, and replacing the Pegasus drivers with the aix???? drivers.

Sorry, yes the lights were on. So you think it's the USB adapter? I have a linksys USB200M, I'll try it with the aix drivers.

Question, should I assume that the drivers got loaded correctly? I look at the /var/log/messages and can see that the Pegasus drivers went through okay. I'm assuming if there was a problem when loading the drivers that it would complain in the kernel log files.

-- Fernando

Originally posted by InterMurph
    If they were, then you are experiencing exactly what I saw last week. I solved the problem by replacing the USB100M with a DUB-E100, and replacing the Pegasus drivers with the aix???? drivers.
    I wonder if Linksys didn't change the chip & driver. I doubt they would since this model will probably be discontinued if it isn't already.

I don't know the cause of my problem; I just know that the combination fo the USB100M and the Pegasus drivers didn't work I switched to the D-Link DUB-E100 and the aix??? drivers, and it worked.

Maybe I should have tried the USB100M and the aix??? drivers before giving up...

No. Have same problem

I don't know the cause of my problem; I just know that the combination fo the USB100M and the Pegasus drivers didn't work I switched to the D-Link DUB-E100 and the aix??? drivers, and it worked.

Maybe I should have tried the USB100M and the aix??? drivers before giving up...
    I have same problem with Linysys USB100-CA, lights work but can not connect to Tivo.

Did u do a restore when u changed USB adapter?

Thanks guys for your help! I went out and got myself a DUB-E100 and the thing works great, able to telnet and all on my first boot-up. Not sure why the USB100M was giving me problems, but it's working now, strange.

Thanks again!

-- Fernando

Originally posted by fcastillo
    Thanks guys for your help! I went out and got myself a DUB-E100 and the thing works great, able to telnet and all on my first boot-up. Not sure why the USB100M was giving me problems, but it's working now, strange.
    Could you post the EXACT model number of the linksys adapter, the manufacturer date and the driver version number that came with it on disk or cdrom.

Here it is...

Linksys
    Model No. USB100M
    Driver version 1.1

How can I find out the manufacturer date? The serial # is LBF102911008. I checked out the adapter and manual, could'nt see to find the actual date.

-- Fernando

Re: No. Have same problem

Did u do a restore when u changed USB adapter? [/B]
    No, I didn't do another restore. I just ran Sleeper's scripts, and skipped everything up to the last step, the hacks. When it asked which drivers to install, I said aix???. It copied the appropriate drivers, redit rc.sysinit.author, and everything worked.

Sleeper; maybe the next generation of your script could copy both sets of drivers? If it had done that, I could have fixed this with telnet on the serial port.

Re: Re: No. Have same problem

Sleeper; maybe the next generation of your script could copy both sets of drivers? If it had done that, I could have fixed this with telnet on the serial port.
    Rodger That!

I have the same prob. with my USM100M, pegasus drivers, & light ON. Is there any other solution other then buying a DUB-E100?

I'll try to post my:
    EXACT model number of the linksys adapter, the manufacturer date and the driver version number that came with it on disk or cdrom.

What is the state of play on this adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by fcastillo
    Not sure why the USB100M was giving me problems, but it's working now, strange.
    This smells like newer versions of this adapter use the ax8817x drivers and not the pegasus drivers? Or did I misinterpret this?