(Deprecated) TiVoWebPlus 1.0

TivoWebPlus * TiVoWeb with a kick!
    =======================================

Official website: http://tivo.fp2000.org/twp

Latest release: 1.0 (final)
    Release timestamp: March 30, 2004 @ 10:30pm CST

Latest improvements/fixes:
    -- cleaned up directories and renamed some files (falcontx)
    -- fixed a javascript error in search module (falcontx)
    -- fixed actor/director links in user interface (hergtoler)
    -- fixed import bug in logos module (bobones)
    -- improved handling of inserted programs in user interface (falcontx)
    -- episode display revised to use number when title not available (falcontx, milazzo)
    -- fixed ratings displayed in console/logs instead of browser (agw)
    -- HDVR2 remote replaced with enhanced, more functional version (Bushido, falcontx)
    -- changed default character set to UTF-8 (lightn)
    -- original tivoweb's funny 404 errors unencoded and added (lightn, falcontx)
    -- minor bugfixes (falcontx)
    -- TivoWebPlus gets a web site (falcontx)

For further information, please visit the TivoWebPlus website.

Installation instructions are located in the README file, which can be found on the website or in the zip file.

Enjoy!

falcontx
    Last edited by falcontx; 08-06-2005 at 04:06 PM.

Bug Reports, Modules & Known Problems

B U G * R E P O R T S

Before you report a bug, always do a Full Restart and make sure you can duplicate it. This simple step will resolve some difficulties.

If you happen to discover a bug or have a problem with TivoWebPlus, there are certain things that we need to know in order to properly diagnose your problem. So, when reporting a bug or a problem, please provide the following information:

-- TiVo model number (i.e. HDVR2, SAT-T60)
    -- TiVo software version (i.e. 2.5.5, 3.1.1b, 4.0)
    -- TiVoWebPlus version
    -- method used to hack the TiVo
    -- detailed description of the problem (error messages are helpful)
    -- steps we should take to duplicate your problem (i.e. which screen you're on and what button you're clicking)
    -- did you test with any other versions or was this working on a previous version? if so, which version?

Failure to provide the above information will most likely result in your problem not being fixed.

Due to the inconsistent nature of the BASH_ENV hacking method and the availability of superior methods such as monte, use of TivoWebPlus on units hacked using BASH_ENV will not be supported.

M O D U L E S

Occasionally, people inquire about having modules added to the TivoWebPlus standard install. As a result, we have established some guidelines to help us determine which modules are suitable and appropriate. This was necessary to keep TivoWebPlus from becoming bloated and overwhelmingly difficult to maintain from a developer's standpoint.

Modules that will be considered should be:
    -- a final product; specifically, well tested and have all known bugs dealt with
    -- cross-platform
    -- beneficial to all users, and of general interest to a typical user
    -- reasonably small, reasonably fast

This, of course, rules out modules that are currently in development, even if they meet all of the other criteria. However, we realize that despite the state of development or platform dependencies, certain modules can still be very useful and we would like to make them readily available here as suggested modules. If you have authored a module or have found a rather useful module elsewhere that you think should be listed here that is fully compatible with TivoWebPlus, feel free to reply to this thread and let us know about it and we just might add it!

Suggested modules (alphabetical order)
    * Please be aware that certain modules may not be compatible with all versions of the TiVo software. Check out the URL and associated documentation prior to using them unless you're feeling lucky.

Backup
    Allows the user to backup season passes and wishlists to a file and restore them later. It can be used to re-instate series that are not currently in the guide data and it can remap channels that have been deleted from the line-up since the backup was taken.
    Author: Andrew Whewell, angra
    URL: http://www.boygenius.co.uk/tivo/

Channel Grid
    Allows the user to see a single channel's programming data for a week. The grid displays day on the x-axis and time on the y-axis. This allows the user to look at all programming for a favorite channel.
    Author: cwingert
    URL: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...hreadid=116879

Channel Map
    Allows the user to remap channel numbers for a given station.
    Author: Zirak
    URL: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...threadid=61830

Conflict Resolve with Two TiVos
    Shows unresolved conflicts, then discovers if a second networked TiVo is available to record them.
    Author: sanderton
    URL: http://www.beaconhill.plus.com/TiVo/tivohacks.htm

Manual Record
    Allows the user to setup a manual recording.
    Author: cwingert
    URL: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...hreadid=117985

New Episodes
    Shows the programs in the schedule where the Original Air Date is the same as the Broadcast Date (i.e. they are brand new episodes).

Now Playing with Folders and Sort
    Adds Folders and Sorting to the Now Playing module
    Author: LJ
    URL: http://www.ljay.org.uk/tivoweb/

Re-Order Season Passes
    Allows an alternative method to change the priorities of Season Passes. Some may find it easier to manipulate large lists using this module.

Showcase
    Shows the Inside TiVo and Channel Highlights screens.
    Author: LJ
    URL: http://www.ljay.org.uk/tivoweb/
    Last edited by falcontx; 03-31-2004 at 12:41 AM.

TWP rc5 error in INFO module

-- TiVo model number Hughes SD-DVR40
    -- TiVo software version 3.1.1b
    -- TiVoWebPlus version RC5 installed via TPM
    -- method used to hack the TiVo Sleepers scripts .iso
    Click in INFO from main menu or header

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_info '/' ''
    no value given for parameter "bold" to "disp_spacerow"
    while executing
    "disp_spacerow $chan [get_type $type] $count($type) [expr $space($type)/1024] [timeconv $time($type)] $::usersize"
    (procedure "::action_info" line 341)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

-- steps we should take to duplicate your problem (i.e. which screen you're on and what button you're clicking)

Happens from main nenu or when calling Info from the header.
    Happens under all conditions, reboot, reload ....

-- did you test with any other versions or was this working on a previous version? if so, which version?

Yes, worked with RC4
    Last edited by Lowcarb; 03-16-2004 at 04:59 PM. Reason: changed software version to b from c

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcarb
    no value given for parameter "bold" to "disp_spacerow"
    The problem is with the lj_mrtg.itcl module. It replaces one of the functions that the info module uses with an incompatible version.

Please refer to this post.

falcontx

Quote Originally Posted by falcontx
    The problem is with the lj_mrtg.itcl module. It replaces one of the functions that the info module uses with an incompatible version.

Please refer to this post.

falcontx
    I deleted lj_mrtg.itcl,
    uninstalled rc5 via tpm
    reinstalled rc5 via tpm

Same results

Did a full reload

Same result.

I'm lost and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcarb
    I deleted lj_mrtg.itcl,
    uninstalled rc5 via tpm
    reinstalled rc5 via tpm

Same results

Did a full reload

Same result.

I'm lost and confused.
    Me too, although you never mentioned whether or not you Quit TivoWeb and restarted it from the command prompt. If you haven't already, I would try that.

falcontx

Buy & Record

Does this version of TivoWeb support Buy & Record? I don't run noppv.tcl and have completely reset my S2 Hughes. Yet, I cannot schedule a PPV record. The Buy & Record option is not available. When I schedule a PPV record, it would go straight to Record, Conflict, etc. Sometimes the whole Tivo will reset, other times it would start the record and of course stop a few minutes into the show as no one is there to confirm the purchase.

SI 800-830-6080 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    Does this version of TivoWeb support Buy & Record? I don't run noppv.tcl and have completely reset my S2 Hughes. Yet, I cannot schedule a PPV record. The Buy & Record option is not available. When I schedule a PPV record, it would go straight to Record, Conflict, etc. Sometimes the whole Tivo will reset, other times it would start the record and of course stop a few minutes into the show as no one is there to confirm the purchase.
    It sounds like you have made illegal modifications to your access card. Call 1-800-DIRECTV to order a new one, and then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by SI 800-830-6090
    It sounds like you have made illegal modifications to your access card. Call 1-800-DIRECTV to order a new one, and then try again.
    Err.. nothing he said implies that he is doing anything illegal, so feel free to take your BS elsewhere..

Stupid trolls..

falcontx

let's play scare the newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SI 800-830-6090
    cute, but I agree with falcon, take it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    No, it does not. There are no versions of TivoWeb that will allow you to purchase a PPV program via their interface. You'll need order the program via one of the normal methods (directv.com, phone, or via your receiver) and then schedule the recording however you choose.

falcontx

No, it does not. There are no versions of TivoWeb that will allow you to purchase a PPV program via their interface. You'll need order the program via one of the normal methods (directv.com, phone, or via your receiver) and then schedule the recording however you choose.

falcontx
    Thanks, Falcontx. Your answer clarifies for me. I vaguely remember that the non-plus version offered Buy & Record when I installed that before you started the plus version. I did some reading in this and other forums and was led to believe that a total Tivo reset would cure it.

There is no problem with ordering over the web. I was just thinking that a one-step schedule and buy would be more convenient since I am on the road quite a bit.

Bug Report - Logos Not Importing

B U G * R E P O R T S

Before you report a bug, always do a Full Restart and make sure you can duplicate it. This simple step will resolve some difficulties.

If you happen to discover a bug or have a problem with TivoWebPlus, there are certain things that we need to know in order to properly diagnose your problem. So, when reporting a bug or a problem, please provide the following information:

-- TiVoWebPlus version

Failure to provide the above information will most likely result in your problem not being fixed.

Due to the inconsistent nature of the BASH_ENV hacking method and the availability of superior methods such as monte, use of TivoWebPlus on units hacked using BASH_ENV will not be supported.
    Ok, the official bug report.....Since no one has even replied about this logo bug.

Bug: Cannot import logos into a series 2 unit. Returns 'Page not found'

tivo tcd2400040 (Series 2 Standalone)

4.01b

-- TiVoWebPlus version

1.0-final

sleeper iso 1.02

Trying to import a log, it asks for the filename, then immediately goes to a 'page not found' error. Does this on 2 s2 tivos. Works fine on an svr-2000 s1 tivo.

Go to the logos module, select import logo, browse to a valid logo and say import.

Yes, works fine on 3.01 on an s1 sa tivo.

Quote Originally Posted by philhu

4.01b

Yes, works fine on 3.01 on an s1 sa tivo.
    This has nothing to do with Series 1 vs Series 2. It is a known issue that TWP does not properly support logos in 4.x software.

This has nothing to do with Series 1 vs Series 2. It is a known issue that TWP does not properly support logos in 4.x software.
    Do Series 1s run 4.x software? I thought they only run software up to 3.0 or so.
    2 SA-Series 1 TiVos
    Gateway Connected DVD
    Roll Your Own Canadian Guide Data