(Deprecated) TiVoWebPlus 1.0

TivoWebPlus * TiVoWeb with a kick!
    =======================================

Official website: http://tivo.fp2000.org/twp

Latest release: 1.0 (final)
    Release timestamp: March 30, 2004 @ 10:30pm CST

Latest improvements/fixes:
    -- cleaned up directories and renamed some files (falcontx)
    -- fixed a javascript error in search module (falcontx)
    -- fixed actor/director links in user interface (hergtoler)
    -- fixed import bug in logos module (bobones)
    -- improved handling of inserted programs in user interface (falcontx)
    -- episode display revised to use number when title not available (falcontx, milazzo)
    -- fixed ratings displayed in console/logs instead of browser (agw)
    -- HDVR2 remote replaced with enhanced, more functional version (Bushido, falcontx)
    -- changed default character set to UTF-8 (lightn)
    -- original tivoweb's funny 404 errors unencoded and added (lightn, falcontx)
    -- minor bugfixes (falcontx)
    -- TivoWebPlus gets a web site (falcontx)

For further information, please visit the TivoWebPlus website.

Installation instructions are located in the README file, which can be found on the website or in the zip file.

Enjoy!

falcontx
    Last edited by falcontx; 08-06-2005 at 04:06 PM.

Bug Reports, Modules & Known Problems

B U G * R E P O R T S

Before you report a bug, always do a Full Restart and make sure you can duplicate it. This simple step will resolve some difficulties.

If you happen to discover a bug or have a problem with TivoWebPlus, there are certain things that we need to know in order to properly diagnose your problem. So, when reporting a bug or a problem, please provide the following information:

-- TiVo model number (i.e. HDVR2, SAT-T60)
    -- TiVo software version (i.e. 2.5.5, 3.1.1b, 4.0)
    -- TiVoWebPlus version
    -- method used to hack the TiVo
    -- detailed description of the problem (error messages are helpful)
    -- steps we should take to duplicate your problem (i.e. which screen you're on and what button you're clicking)
    -- did you test with any other versions or was this working on a previous version? if so, which version?

Failure to provide the above information will most likely result in your problem not being fixed.

Due to the inconsistent nature of the BASH_ENV hacking method and the availability of superior methods such as monte, use of TivoWebPlus on units hacked using BASH_ENV will not be supported.

M O D U L E S

Occasionally, people inquire about having modules added to the TivoWebPlus standard install. As a result, we have established some guidelines to help us determine which modules are suitable and appropriate. This was necessary to keep TivoWebPlus from becoming bloated and overwhelmingly difficult to maintain from a developer's standpoint.

Modules that will be considered should be:
    -- a final product; specifically, well tested and have all known bugs dealt with
    -- cross-platform
    -- beneficial to all users, and of general interest to a typical user
    -- reasonably small, reasonably fast

This, of course, rules out modules that are currently in development, even if they meet all of the other criteria. However, we realize that despite the state of development or platform dependencies, certain modules can still be very useful and we would like to make them readily available here as suggested modules. If you have authored a module or have found a rather useful module elsewhere that you think should be listed here that is fully compatible with TivoWebPlus, feel free to reply to this thread and let us know about it and we just might add it!

Suggested modules (alphabetical order)
    * Please be aware that certain modules may not be compatible with all versions of the TiVo software. Check out the URL and associated documentation prior to using them unless you're feeling lucky.

Backup
    Allows the user to backup season passes and wishlists to a file and restore them later. It can be used to re-instate series that are not currently in the guide data and it can remap channels that have been deleted from the line-up since the backup was taken.
    Author: Andrew Whewell, angra
    URL: http://www.boygenius.co.uk/tivo/

Channel Grid
    Allows the user to see a single channel's programming data for a week. The grid displays day on the x-axis and time on the y-axis. This allows the user to look at all programming for a favorite channel.
    Author: cwingert
    URL: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...hreadid=116879

Channel Map
    Allows the user to remap channel numbers for a given station.
    Author: Zirak
    URL: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...threadid=61830

Conflict Resolve with Two TiVos
    Shows unresolved conflicts, then discovers if a second networked TiVo is available to record them.
    Author: sanderton
    URL: http://www.beaconhill.plus.com/TiVo/tivohacks.htm

Manual Record
    Allows the user to setup a manual recording.
    Author: cwingert
    URL: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...hreadid=117985

New Episodes
    Shows the programs in the schedule where the Original Air Date is the same as the Broadcast Date (i.e. they are brand new episodes).

Now Playing with Folders and Sort
    Adds Folders and Sorting to the Now Playing module
    Author: LJ
    URL: http://www.ljay.org.uk/tivoweb/

Re-Order Season Passes
    Allows an alternative method to change the priorities of Season Passes. Some may find it easier to manipulate large lists using this module.

Showcase
    Shows the Inside TiVo and Channel Highlights screens.
    Author: LJ
    URL: http://www.ljay.org.uk/tivoweb/
    Last edited by falcontx; 03-31-2004 at 12:41 AM.

If you are submitting bug reports about modules not showing up, or anything not related to what you see once tivoweb starts, you should post the output from starting tivoweb with "tivoweb console"!
    Last edited by mrblack51; 01-28-2004 at 10:27 PM.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Originally posted by mrblack51
    there are a number of errors in the setup posted by falcontx, i will post an updated version shortly.

falcontx: what files did you modify to enable dual tuner stuff? it should be trivial to enable the dual tuner stuff only when appropraite by looking at a value in the /State area of the mfs. if you let me know what was modified, i could probably track it down. thanks for your hard work
    mrblack51:

Thanks for helping me out with the compatibility issues. The only thing I have to work with here is an HDVR2. I'd like to know what errors were present in my setup aside from the ones that I fixed in version falcontx+1.01 (see note below). I named this package "+falcontx" for obvious reasons, but I wouldn't mind it being renamed as others will be contributing. I just want credit to be given where it's due. If you make any revisions, feel free to update the README and replace the file in the second post. I know you can since you're a moderator, but if you'd rather have me do it, that will work as well.

The two files that were altered for dual tuner were ui.itcl starting at line 1550 and sched.itcl starting at line 132. The changes are presently surrounded by "if { $::dtivo }" as I could not figure out where the dual tuner setting is stored. I asked about "/State/SatConfig/ConnectionType" in the Experts forum, but never received a reply.

Grr. As I was checking out all of the files, I noticed that I in fact, did NOT update the DirecTiVo detection in httpd-tt.tcl and did NOT fix the UK support in ui.itcl, so I fixed those two problems and released version falcontx+1.01.

List of other files that are different from the original:
    html.itcl -- anti-hacking removed; one very minor change
    util.itcl -- anti-hacking removed
    httpd-tt.tcl -- anti-hacking removed; support for TyShow links added; alternate IP address determination; DirecTiVo detection changed (in version 1.01)
    tivoweb.cfg -- new setting for TyShow link support
    modules/info.itcl -- updated to use alternate IP address
    modules/logos.itcl -- anti-hacking removed
    modules/sched.itcl -- anti-hacking removed; scheduling bug fixed; dual tuner support added
    modules/ui.itcl -- anti-hacking removed; IMDb links added to movies; recording bug fixed; support for TyShow links added; dual tuner support added; minor bug regarding 3.x software and graphics fixed; UK support added (in version 1.01)
    modules/webremote.itcl -- added support for HDVR2/3 units

There may also be some minor updates in some of the other files, but generally speaking, replacing the files above or any of those in the modules directory should not break your TiVoWeb installation. However, replacing binaries (if you're not using Series 2) definitely will. Whatever you do, just make a backup of your existing installation first and you'll be good. You may also notice that phone.itcl was disabled due to stability issues and displaytext.itcl is also included and disabled as it requires some osd binaries to be installed for it to work. There are a few extra images in the images directory to support the above scripts. None of the binaries were changed and should be able to be replaced easily.

Looks like sanderton has some pretty neat modules that could be included in this package as well. I haven't used any of them yet, but if you want to add them or any others to the package as you're updating, feel free.

Hope this answers everyone's questions. Thanks for helping me perfect this.

falcontx
    Last edited by falcontx; 04-05-2004 at 06:57 PM. Reason: removed reference to 1.0

I went ahead and forged forward. Works perfectly on my Phillips 6000 (Dtivo) running 3.1.

Haven't checked out two tuner support yet for Tivoweb. That was the biggest problem I had with Tivoweb as it made the record feature kind of useless without it. I will be very happy if it works.

How about including a diff of your changes? I think many of us would find that more useful than a predone package.

Originally posted by rpongett
    I went ahead and forged forward. Works perfectly on my Phillips 6000 (Dtivo) running 3.1.

Haven't checked out two tuner support yet for Tivoweb. That was the biggest problem I had with Tivoweb as it made the record feature kind of useless without it. I will be very happy if it works.

You ARE aware that this is in the Series 2 forum, and this package is specifically for Series 2 DTivos? Right?

Did you just blindly load this on your DSR6000 because you didn't read the readme, or did you modify the binaries back to Series 1, or did you just want to give it a shot to see what wouuld happen?

Originally posted by Juppers
    How about including a diff of your changes? I think many of us would find that more useful than a predone package.
    Well, if you're just looking for the dual tuner support, I just explained where to find it in my post to mrblack51 above. Here's a quote:
    The two files that were altered for dual tuner were ui.itcl starting at line 1550 and sched.itcl starting at line 132. The changes are presently surrounded by "if { $::dtivo }" as I could not figure out where the dual tuner setting is stored.
    If you want a diff on everything, I'd just recommend using a file comparison utility such as FCU to compare your tivoweb directory/files with mine.

falcontx

Of course using linux a simple diff newfile oldfile will give you same results.

These modifications apear to be locking up my unit (HDVR2 4.0), I havent looked trough the logs yet for posible causes because if I kill the TiVo while football is on my wife will punt me down the block
    Last edited by tytyty; 12-21-2003 at 02:41 PM.
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Originally posted by JJBliss
    You ARE aware that this is in the Series 2 forum, and this package is specifically for Series 2 DTivos? Right?
    While the package itself is designed for Series 2 units and contains Series 2 binaries, all of the code is designed to be backwards compatible. All he would have had to do is replace the binaries with Series 1 binaries. I can only assume that is what he did if he claims it is working perfectly.

falcontx

attached is an updated tivoweb. it includes all the changes that falcontx made, plus a number of updates, including modification of the version identification stuff, the new dtivo identification stuff, ability to determine dual tuners, cross-platform support automatically.

please try it out and let me know if it works properly. it works fine on my 4.0 dtivo with dual tuners, but i need other tests to be tried.

see post below
    Last edited by mrblack51; 12-21-2003 at 05:55 PM.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Hi,

I just tried this on a T-60 running 2.5.2:

bash-2.02# ./tivoweb console
    bash-2.02# <166>Dec 21 19:10:07 tcl[6850]: Tcl created pool of 2916352 bytes
    TiVo Web Project - TCL - v1.9.4
    The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This program is licensed under the GPL.
    See the 'copyright' and 'README' files for copyright and credit information.
    retrying after errTmActiveLockConflict ...
    can't open object (errDbNotFound)

while executing
    "db $db open /State/AvConfig"
    ("uplevel" body line 23)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    set swsystem [db $db open /SwSystem/ACTIVE]
    set tivoswversion [dbobj $swsystem get Name]
    set setup [db $db open /Setup]

..."
    (file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 628)

Originally posted by mrblack51
    attached is an updated tivoweb. it includes all the changes that falcontx made, plus a number of updates, including modification of the version identification stuff, the new dtivo identification stuff, ability to determine dual tuners, cross-platform support automatically.

please try it out and let me know if it works properly. it works fine on my 4.0 dtivo with dual tuners, but i need other tests to be tried.

errrrr..... this package, as stated previously, is just for series 2 units, as we are in the Series 2 Hacking section. The Sony T60 is a series 1. Nice try, though... nothing ventured, nothing gained... I suppose.
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

As stated in the README, this may work if you continue to use S1 binaries.

Take a look inside the tivoweb-tcl direcory of mrblack51's upgrade it has folders for both ppc (S1) and mips (S2) binaries. It starts with S2 binaries so just copy all the files from the bin-ppc folder to get S1 binaries.

My hat is off to mrblack51 a very nice upgrade package by providing those.
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Hmmm... Mr. Black's post said the crucial sneaky words "Cross-Platform." (Which seemed to imply both S1 and S2 support. Although with all the tivo platforms around these days, "cross-platform" could mean other things.

if you look at httpd-tt.tcl, he's auto-selecting the correct binaries.