Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: (Deprecated) TiVoWebPlus 1.0

Got to thinking, came up with an idea for either an enhancement to the ui.itcl or a whole new module, not sure which.

Basic idea is a drop-down-box on the TWP Now Showing list, on each item. This ddb would allow you to select the remote Tivo you would like to send the show to. A user-editable list of other Tivos on the network could be a starting point, but lots of other options abound for finding your other Tivos.

Select which Tivo you would like to send the show to, click the Send button, and a background send session of mfs_ftp to the new location would be initiated. A queue could be kept for sending multiple files, instead of sending them in parallel (probably not optimal).

Ideas? Thoughts?

1) wrong thread

2) great idea - was done about 2 1/2 years ago

3) search for locomotion - went over like a lead balloon

4) wrong thread...
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

Hrm.... ok thanks! Sorry for thread pollution...

Now back to your regularly scheduled hacking!

ON topic things to ponder...

---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

Can I get some assistance?

Lately with TivoWebPlus, I've been getting errors.. I removed some modules I added, but it still does it..

Here's an example..

When I go to Now Showing under UI, I get

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_nowshowing '' ''
    no such object: {CONFLICT err=0x30007}
    while executing
    "dbobj $program get Title"
    (procedure "print_nowshowingrow" line 15)
    invoked from within
    "print_nowshowingrow $chan $rec $nstype $rcount"
    ("uplevel" body line 4)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type $nowshowingdir "" 15 {
    set rec [db $db openid $fsid]
    if {$nstype == 6} {
    print_nowshowingrow $chan $r..."
    (procedure "::action_nowshowing" line 61)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Quote Originally Posted by scottjf8
    no such object: {CONFLICT err=0x30007}
    You need to do a Restart / Full Reload, possibly multiple times. If you continue to get this CONFLICT, you may have some corruptions in your filesystem. To correct them, type "mfsassert -please" at the bash prompt. This will reboot your TiVo and force it to check/fix your filesystem (this may take a while, so don't do it when you have upcoming scheduled programs you don't want to miss).

falcontx

"Now Showing" not showing

The main menu of TiVoWebPlus has no "Now Showing" menu option on my SA1 TiVo. You can view the "Now Showing" page by manually entering the URL into the browser, but the link should be there. This is an issue that also with TiVoWeb 1.9.4-final. My tivo stats are as follows:

- Philips TiVo 114 (14 hour)
    - 100Gb hd space (40G / 60G)
    - TiVoNET card (not TurboNET)
    - Software v.3.0-01-1-000

Works great, otherwise! Even made myself a little module (based heavily on Riley's work).

Thanks,
    - Stealth Dave

Throg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthdave
    The main menu of TiVoWebPlus has no "Now Showing" menu option on my SA1 TiVo. You can view the "Now Showing" page by manually entering the URL into the browser, but the link should be there. This is an issue that also with TiVoWeb 1.9.4-final.
    You can also view the "Now Showing" page by clicking on the "User Interface" menu option, then "Now Showing". This is where it's always been hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by falcontx
    Thanks for the clarification MuscleNerd. The problem with the old info module was that whomever wrote it was trying to calculate the amount of currently reserved space using some linear, and some non-linear functions depending on the size of the drive. They very well may have been using this table, but as this table refers strictly to the maximum size of the reserved space, their calculations were incorrect quite often. The reason that they were trying to calculate the current amount of reserved space is so they could subsequently report how much space was available to the user. My solution was to simply remove this prediction and simply tally up the amount of reserved space currently being used and allow the user to infer the rest. As far as I can tell, this is probably the best way to handle this given the circumstances.

falcontx
    The problem with this is that even if the reserved space isn't all currently being used by Tivo Clips, it's still reserved. That is, not accessible by the user. In other words, the free space reported by TWP is larger than what actually exists for upcoming user recordings. If you use this number to determine when you will start to lose recordings, you will be sorely disappointed. If anything, free space calculations on Tivo should be conservative (as the warnings when you use "Save Until..." in the Tivo UI are).

Regardless, I've given up on this particular issue. It was just a few minutes work to patch my own personal copy of info.itcl to work the way I thought it should, based on MuscleNerd's (much appreciated) algorithm and the drive sizes of my units. I'd share my modifications, but they'd likely not be accurate for anyone else.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rbird
    The problem with this is that even if the reserved space isn't all currently being used by Tivo Clips, it's still reserved. That is, not accessible by the user. In other words, the free space reported by TWP is larger than what actually exists for upcoming user recordings. If you use this number to determine when you will start to lose recordings, you will be sorely disappointed. If anything, free space calculations on Tivo should be conservative (as the warnings when you use "Save Until..." in the Tivo UI are).

Regardless, I've given up on this particular issue. It was just a few minutes work to patch my own personal copy of info.itcl to work the way I thought it should, based on MuscleNerd's (much appreciated) algorithm and the drive sizes of my units. I'd share my modifications, but they'd likely not be accurate for anyone else.

Bob
    Perhaps this is true in some or even most cases, but the fact remains that it's not on my system, which is a S2 DTiVo with an 80gb hard drive. I've also had reports of problems with other units with large hard drives. My unit has 76621 MB of total media. According to the matrix that MuscleNerd pulled out of tivoapp, that would mean that my unit should have 10000 MB of reserved space. However, the current total of my user recordings is 68574 MB, which only leaves 8047 MB available for reserved space (of which 6932 MB is currently used). This tells me that this table is inaccurate, at least in my particular instance, and most likely in others as well.

I'm glad that the table is accurate in your particular instance, but unless someone can explain the discrepancy in my system and others with large hard drives, I'm not going to include max reserved space estimates in TWP.

falcontx

TWP rc5 error in INFO module

-- TiVo model number Hughes SD-DVR40
    -- TiVo software version 3.1.1b
    -- TiVoWebPlus version RC5 installed via TPM
    -- method used to hack the TiVo Sleepers scripts .iso
    -- detailed description of the problem (error messages are helpful)
    Click in INFO from main menu or header

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_info '/' ''
    no value given for parameter "bold" to "disp_spacerow"
    while executing
    "disp_spacerow $chan [get_type $type] $count($type) [expr $space($type)/1024] [timeconv $time($type)] $::usersize"
    (procedure "::action_info" line 341)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

-- steps we should take to duplicate your problem (i.e. which screen you're on and what button you're clicking)

Happens from main nenu or when calling Info from the header.
    Happens under all conditions, reboot, reload ....

-- did you test with any other versions or was this working on a previous version? if so, which version?

Yes, worked with RC4
    Last edited by Lowcarb; 03-16-2004 at 03:59 PM. Reason: changed software version to b from c

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcarb
    no value given for parameter "bold" to "disp_spacerow"
    The problem is with the lj_mrtg.itcl module. It replaces one of the functions that the info module uses with an incompatible version.

Please refer to this post.

falcontx

Buy & Record

Does this version of TivoWeb support Buy & Record? I don't run noppv.tcl and have completely reset my S2 Hughes. Yet, I cannot schedule a PPV record. The Buy & Record option is not available. When I schedule a PPV record, it would go straight to Record, Conflict, etc. Sometimes the whole Tivo will reset, other times it would start the record and of course stop a few minutes into the show as no one is there to confirm the purchase.

SI 800-830-6080 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    Does this version of TivoWeb support Buy & Record? I don't run noppv.tcl and have completely reset my S2 Hughes. Yet, I cannot schedule a PPV record. The Buy & Record option is not available. When I schedule a PPV record, it would go straight to Record, Conflict, etc. Sometimes the whole Tivo will reset, other times it would start the record and of course stop a few minutes into the show as no one is there to confirm the purchase.
    It sounds like you have made illegal modifications to your access card. Call 1-800-DIRECTV to order a new one, and then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by SI 800-830-6090
    It sounds like you have made illegal modifications to your access card. Call 1-800-DIRECTV to order a new one, and then try again.
    Err.. nothing he said implies that he is doing anything illegal, so feel free to take your BS elsewhere..

Stupid trolls..

falcontx