Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: (Deprecated) TiVoWebPlus 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by sanderton
    "no such object: CONFLICT err=0x30019"

This usually just means that the TiVo was busy when TiVoWeb initialised so stored the "busy" error in the data array because it doesn't validate it very well, and doing a Full Reload will sort.
    This error has persisted across numerous reboots, restarts of Tivoweb, and even a number of 'mfsassert's.

The one theory I have, though possibly unfounded, is that my Tivo may be freaking out because I apparently don't know how to use MaxBlast to resize a drive (Sleeper's ISO recognized my stock-160GB drive as 135GB, indicating that I had succeeded, but Tivo says I have up to 157 hours recording capacity...).

Quote Originally Posted by mrblack51
    give this new ui.tcl a try and see what it does...if it has major issues, i will pull it, but if its only minor stuff then it can be fixed. includes all the updates i mentioned earlier, can't test cause both my tivos at hand are down currently.
    Works very nicely on my monte'd SA S2 running 4.01, after I commented out the previously mentioned uktivo stuff.

I like the program info additions

One problem: the TyShow links now seem to be wrong. They are now of the format http://<tivo>/asx/<FSID>.asx, when they should be http://<tivo>/<FSID>, right?

It looks like that should be a simple fix to line 2938, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lenroc
    Works very nicely on my monte'd SA S2 running 4.01, after I commented out the previously mentioned uktivo stuff.

One problem: the TyShow links now seem to be wrong. They are now of the format http://<tivo>/asx/<FSID>.asx, when they should be http://<tivo>/<FSID>, right?

actually, no. that is a patch from koreth that should make it so it is no longer necessary to use the registry patch to stream ty files.

so you had the same problem with the updated version regarding the genres...interesting, because i tried switching the stuff from openid to openidconstruction. hmm
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

for those of you keeping track, this is the anti-hack code that i was talkign about (its in ui.itcl):

Code:
    		  set varname [lindex $::datagroup [lsearch $::datagroup "SF_Serial*"]]
    		  set varname [string range $varname 9 11]
    		  for {set i 0} {$i < $numkeys} {incr i $incrsize} {
    			 set maxchannelcount [expr ($numkeys > $i + $incrsize) ? ($i + $incrsize) : $numkeys]
    			 RetryTransaction {
    				for {set count $i} {$count < $maxchannelcount} {incr count} {
    				   binary scan [string range $channeltabledata [expr $count*8 + 4] [expr $count*8 + 11]] ISS stationfsid dummy chnum
    				   set station [db $db openid $stationfsid]
    				   set callsign [dbobj $station get CallSign]
    				   set channame [strim [dbobj $station get Name]]

set logoindex [dbobj $station get ${varname}oIndex]
    you will note that it is checking the data groups for an entry called "SF_Serial*", and the one it should find on regular units is "SF_SerialLogging". it uses the letters "Log" later in the code...to fix this, replace all those lines with the following:

Code:
    		  for {set i 0} {$i < $numkeys} {incr i $incrsize} {
    			 set maxchannelcount [expr ($numkeys > $i + $incrsize) ? ($i + $incrsize) : $numkeys]
    			 RetryTransaction {
    				for {set count $i} {$count < $maxchannelcount} {incr count} {
    				   binary scan [string range $channeltabledata [expr $count*8 + 4] [expr $count*8 + 11]] ISS stationfsid dummy chnum
    				   set station [db $db openid $stationfsid]
    				   set callsign [dbobj $station get CallSign]
    				   set channame [strim [dbobj $station get Name]]

set logoindex [dbobj $station get LogoIndex]
    the ui_new.itcl.txt that i posted earlier contains this change

for those of you keeping track, this is the anti-hack code that i was talkign about (its in ui.itcl):
    Excellent - I have had problems with some of the modules in TiVoWeb forever (which is since I got my TiVo last Feb) as I am in Canada and I have to load my own program/channel data.
    2 SA-Series 1 TiVos
    Gateway Connected DVD
    Roll Your Own Canadian Guide Data

oh, my bad, i forgot to include the changes needed to httpd-tt.tcl as well. I updated the ui.itcl module up above, and attached the modified httpd-tt.tcl as well

Current Temp in Fahrenheit

Here's my tiny little addition to the mix:

This new info.itcl will display the box's temperature in both C and F.

(Should I modify it to display one or the other, based on a preference? I thought about it, but decided it was overkill...)

Here's a diff, for anyone interested:

Code:
    96a97,98
    >   set cur_tempF [expr 1.8*[string trim $cur_temp 'C']+32]
    >   append cur_tempF F
    134c136
    <   puts $chan [tr "" [td "Current Temperature:"][td "colspan=4" "$cur_temp"]]
    ---
    >   puts $chan [tr "" [td "Current Temperature:"][td "colspan=4" "$cur_temp / $cur_tempF"]]
    (Hopefully this is a standard 'diff' output... I used a Windows tool called CSDiff to make it, and I'm not really familiar with what 'diff' is supposed to look like )

Or here's a new copy of the file (just remove the '.txt' extension, as usual):

oh, my bad, i forgot to include the changes needed to httpd-tt.tcl as well. I updated the ui.itcl module up above, and attached the modified httpd-tt.tcl as well
    Everything works now.

Your new ui.itcl has removed the code that caused me errors, so everything there works now.

Also, the updated httpd-tt.tcl fixed the TyShow links

Great stuff!

So, does this bump it up to pre5?

for anyone trying the updated ui module that i posted, please check it out as fully as possible. specifically, this version includes the updates from LJ, TivoMind, and such - season pass reordering, episode title stuff, and slotfree. please test it to ensure that stuff works

Everything works now.

Your new ui.itcl has removed the code that caused me errors, so everything there works now.

Also, the updated httpd-tt.tcl fixed the TyShow links

Great stuff!

So, does this bump it up to pre5?
    Most likely it will..

I'll probably try to keep it to one "official" release per day at the most, and that will most likely be made towards the end of the day (CST)..

And just FYI, here's how I foresee it working.. Once several updates/fixes are introduced, a few people post their results, and I get a chance to try them out myself, I'll roll them all into the package, update the documentation, and post the new release..

falcontx

How about backup module?

How about including this module that backs up and restrores the season passes. I have used it once sucessfully and was a big help.

I should note that this is not something I came up with, but found somewhere. Credit goes to the original author who is listed in the source.

edit by mrblack51: attachment removed - since its not yours, please link to the source of the file rather than attaching it. attachments to this thread should only occur if you are updating core code.
    Last edited by mrblack51; 01-05-2004 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erhan
    How about including this module that backs up and restrores the season passes. I have used it once sucessfully and was a big help.

I should note that this is not something I came up with, but found somewhere. Credit goes to the original author who is listed in the source.
    the goal of tivoweb is to provide a solid base web interface which can be extended. my work has only been intended to fix and/or enhance the core. i still believe that modules should be kept that way - some people want them, some don't having a list of them available including links is cool, but including every module under the sun isnt necessary. as such, i would vote to not include that module, though it appears to be quite useful.

I havent really delved into the programing of the modules.

Is there any possiblity of them inserting "anti-hacking" code and disabling the core?
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Quote Originally Posted by tytyty
    I havent really delved into the programing of the modules.

Is there any possiblity of them inserting "anti-hacking" code and disabling the core?
    tivoweb is based on a scripting setup which has root access on the tivo, including full reign of the mfs for the most part. therefore, there is always a possibility for mallicious code. yes, you can also hi-jack certain functionality by loading your module after the other modules and over-riding their functions.

however, i dont see this as a major issue. the core tivoweb has been sanitized now, so thats not a major issue. if you install a module from an unknown source, its your own fault if you screw up your tivo. as always, newbies should wait for successful reports of modules which are released from unknown sources.

[Update to info.itcl...]

Code:
    96a97,98
    >   set cur_tempF [expr 1.8*[string trim $cur_temp 'C']+32]
    >   append cur_tempF F
    134c136
    ---
    >   puts $chan [tr "" [td "Current Temperature:"][td "colspan=4" "$cur_temp / $cur_tempF"]]
    I realized after posting this that I could have done the same thing in only 2 lines:

Code:
    96a97
    >   set cur_tempF [expr 1.8*[string trim $cur_temp 'C']+32]F
    134c135
    ---
    I won't bother posting an updated version of it, unless someone thinks it would be of some benefit.