Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: (Deprecated) TiVoWebPlus 1.0

this version should have all the updates implemented, except for whatever GetSAGenre issue was being reffered to. I wasn't properly implementing the version check...bah, grabbing one too many characters. Give it a shot.

edit: see later post
    Last edited by mrblack51; 12-22-2003 at 02:18 AM.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Originally posted by mrblack51
    im not sure what issue you are having with GetSAGenres, because the ui.itcl includes the updated code AFAIK. please post the error and what you had to change. here is the url i found - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...res#post973653
    Yes, that patch in the URL is the patch I implemented. Here is the section as I have it on mine:

Code:
    	if { !$::uktivo } {
    		set incrsize 50
    		foreach genrefsid $genres {
    			regsub {/-1$} $genrefsid {} fsid
    			set done 0
    			set idx 0
    			while {!$done} {
    				RetryTransaction {
    					set genre [db $db openid $fsid]
    					set subgenres [dbobj $genre gettarget Child]
    					set numsubs [llength $subgenres]
    					if {$subgenres != ""} {
    						set maxcount [expr ($numsubs > $idx + $incrsize) ? ($idx + $incrsize) : $numsubs]
    						for {set i $idx} {$i < $maxcount} {incr i} {
    							set subgenre [dbobj $genre get Child $i]
    							set index [dbobj $subgenre get Value]
    							if {$index != 0 && [lsearch $keys $index] == -1} {
    								set vlabel [strim [dbobj $subgenre get Name]]
    								lappend keys $index
    								lappend vals $vlabel
    							}
    						}
    						if {$numsubs == $maxcount} {
    							set done 1
    						} else {
    							incr idx $incrsize
    						}
    					} else {
    						set done 1
    					}
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	} else {

i'm still getting an error when i'm trying to record, i'm using mrblack's updated one, anybody else having the same problem?

Originally posted by Dank
    Yes, that patch in the URL is the patch I implemented. Here is the section as I have it on mine:

Code:
    	if { !$::uktivo } {
    		set incrsize 50
    		foreach genrefsid $genres {
    			regsub {/-1$} $genrefsid {} fsid
    			set done 0
    			set idx 0
    			while {!$done} {
    				RetryTransaction {
    					set genre [db $db openid $fsid]
    					set subgenres [dbobj $genre gettarget Child]
    					set numsubs [llength $subgenres]
    					if {$subgenres != ""} {
    						set maxcount [expr ($numsubs > $idx + $incrsize) ? ($idx + $incrsize) : $numsubs]
    						for {set i $idx} {$i < $maxcount} {incr i} {
    							set subgenre [dbobj $genre get Child $i]
    							set index [dbobj $subgenre get Value]
    							if {$index != 0 && [lsearch $keys $index] == -1} {
    								set vlabel [strim [dbobj $subgenre get Name]]
    								lappend keys $index
    								lappend vals $vlabel
    							}
    						}
    						if {$numsubs == $maxcount} {
    							set done 1
    						} else {
    							incr idx $incrsize
    						}
    					} else {
    						set done 1
    					}
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	} else {
    well, im not sure why that was changed then. i changed it back to not checking against the uktivo detection (since according to AVS it should work for both), and will add it to the next iteration i post.

Originally posted by hom3l3ss
    i'm still getting an error when i'm trying to record, i'm using mrblack's updated one, anybody else having the same problem?
    trying to record what, and where, on what unit. you havent posted in this thread before, so 'still getting an error' isnt descriptive enough

nevermind i got it to work, thanks mr black!

this version should have all the updates implemented, except for whatever GetSAGenre issue was being reffered to. I wasn't properly implementing the version check...bah, grabbing one too many characters. Give it a shot.
    It's still working well on my HDVR3 3.1.1b with dual tuners. Thanks again for all of your work.

I have one quick question however. Could you or someone else tell me what the resource.itcl is supposed to do? Because on my TiVo, it simply has the "Resource Groups" heading and nothing else. Perhaps it should be disabled on certain units, such as mine.

Additionally, it seems there are some problems calculating hard disk space in the info.itcl. I'm not sure if a more up-to-date version exists, but if it does, it should be replaced. My current unit has an 80gb hard drive which reports as 71hrs. On the info screen, it states that I have 66856 MB total, yet the total for all of my recordings is 68969 MB which leaves me with -2113 MB free space. The total is miscalculated apparently.

These are just minor things. If I happen to stumble upon a revised info.itcl, I'll shoot it your way.

Thanks again!

falcontx

Originally posted by falcontx
    I have one quick question however. Could you or someone else tell me what the resource.itcl is supposed to do? Because on my TiVo, it simply has the "Resource Groups" heading and nothing else. Perhaps it should be disabled on certain units, such as mine.

Additionally, it seems there are some problems calculating hard disk space in the info.itcl. I'm not sure if a more up-to-date version exists, but if it does, it should be replaced. My current unit has an 80gb hard drive which reports as 71hrs. On the info screen, it states that I have 66856 MB total, yet the total for all of my recordings is 68969 MB which leaves me with -2113 MB free space. The total is miscalculated apparently.
    im not aware of any updates regarding info.tcl or get_space, so i cant help ya there. as for the resource groups, its a way of editing the resources in the MFS. the reason you dont see anything there is because you don't have a file which matches your version. if you look in the tivoweb dir structure, you will see examples of resource files. one common use of resource editing is to change bit-rates on standalone tivos.

im not aware of any updates regarding info.tcl or get_space, so i cant help ya there. as for the resource groups, its a way of editing the resources in the MFS. the reason you dont see anything there is because you don't have a file which matches your version. if you look in the tivoweb dir structure, you will see examples of resource files. one common use of resource editing is to change bit-rates on standalone tivos.
    Ahh.. okay.. I'll check it out.. Thanks for the explanation..

It looks like one of the few things not working here are those commands that require sendkey. (Hence the fun errors I get!)

I think I must be missing something, because I have looked for posts about devbin and/or sendkey for the HDVR2 on 4.0 and cannot find any. Can someone point me the right direction?

Newest version, again on a 2.5.2 T-60:

bash-2.02# ./tivoweb console
    bash-2.02# <166>Dec 22 05:27:05 tcl[7079]: Tcl created pool of 2916352 bytes
    TiVo Web Project - TCL - v1.9.4
    The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This program is licensed under the GPL.
    See the 'copyright' and 'README' files for copyright and credit information.

eth0: unknown interface.
    while executing
    "exec ifconfig eth0 | grep "inet addr" | cut -d ":" -f 2 | cut -d " " -f 1"
    (file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 696)

(my interface is called net0) - so I just edited that line to refer to net0 instead of eth0.

---

I still only see one tuner on the "info" page - should I see both tuners there, or is there someplace else to check for multiple tuners?

---

When I try to click on a program or episode (in nowshowing, season passes, actually many places in tivoweb)...

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_series '/82061' ''
    invalid command name "get_thumbimage"
    while executing
    "get_thumbimage $score"
    ("uplevel" body line 7)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    set series [db $db openid $objectid]
    set title [strim [dbobj $series get Title]]
    set score [dbobj $series get ThumbData]
    se..."
    (procedure "::action_series" line 15)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Originally posted by swinokur
    eth0: unknown interface.
    while executing
    "exec ifconfig eth0 | grep "inet addr" | cut -d ":" -f 2 | cut -d " " -f 1"
    (file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 696)

(my interface is called net0) - so I just edited that line to refer to net0 instead of eth0.

---

I still only see one tuner on the "info" page - should I see both tuners there, or is there someplace else to check for multiple tuners?
    i have very little interest in supporting the numerous ways you can name your ethernet interface. as such, i have added an entry into tivoweb.cfg that you can set however is appropriate. only one tuner on the info page is normal based on what i am seeing, and i havent found any futher information.

Originally posted by swinokur
    When I try to click on a program or episode (in nowshowing, season passes, actually many places in tivoweb)...

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_series '/82061' ''
    invalid command name "get_thumbimage"
    while executing
    "get_thumbimage $score"
    ("uplevel" body line 7)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    set series [db $db openid $objectid]
    set title [strim [dbobj $series get Title]]
    set score [dbobj $series get ThumbData]
    se..."
    (procedure "::action_series" line 15)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--
    before posting bugs like this, please check your setup using existing copies of tivoweb. I am only going to track down new bugs that i introduce.

here is the updated version. if you have an ethernet adapter on something other than eth0, change the entry in tivoweb.cfg. i reverted ui.itcl back to the way that it is implemented on AVS, which seems to work.

edit: see update below
    Last edited by mrblack51; 12-25-2003 at 03:58 AM.

this might be handy to some. it's a copy of cwingert's manrec.itcl (manual recording module) that's been somewhat enhanced for the dual tuner stuff.

i say "somewhat", because (a) it assumes a dual tuner active dtivo without even checking and (b) it only handles conflicts when doing "once" repeat option recordings. if these are ok, read on...

if you make a manual recording when there are no previous conflicts, it just does it. if there was one show already scheduled, it reports it, says it's ok, and schedules the new show. if there are already two things to be recorded and you didn't set the "force" flag, it reports the two existing shows and does not record the new one.

here's the biggie: if there were already two shows set to record, and you try to make a new one with the force flag set to yes, it whacks *both* of the previous recordings. i repeat: it whacks *both* of the previous recordings and schedules the new one.

so, my advice: if you have two existing shows, use the ui module (or the gui itself) and cancel one prior to making the new recording.

big thanks to falcontx for coming up with the dual tuner stuff, and of course, big props to all of those who have worked to bring us tivoweb.

ronny