Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: (Deprecated) TiVoWebPlus 1.0

im getting this error

tivo:/var/local/tivoweb-tcl$ tivoweb console
    tivo:/var/local/tivoweb-tcl$ TivoWebPlus Project - v1.0-rc5
    The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This program is licensed under the GPL.
    See the 'copyright' and 'README' files for copyright and credit information.
    couldn't open socket: address already in use
    while executing
    "socket -server ::session $http_port"
    (file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 765)

Another copy of TWP, or the original copy of TiVoWeb, is still running.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Can we get a non-TPM version of this?

Quote Originally Posted by rbiro
    The only minor issue I see is that by default tpm wants to put TivoWebPlus in /var/local instead of our tivo standard of /var/hack.

Nothing severe, but it might confuse people who edit a stale copy of tivoweb and then post that fixes don't work.
    Well, technically speaking, there is no "standard" place to install anything on a TiVo. Many people use '/var/hack', yet I never have. On a normal linux implimentation, '/usr/local' is widely regarded as a good place in which to keep self-compiled or third-party programs and '/var/local' is typically used to store variable data for those programs. With that being said, one might ask, why not install TWP in '/usr/local' then? The reason '/usr/local' was not chosen is that it resides on a partition of the TiVo that is typically mounted as read-only and TWP has the need to write to a file within it's directory structure on occasion (such as for uploading logos). So '/var/local' seemed the next best logical place. It's always in a rw mounted partition and is typically used for local programs on a normal linux implimentation.

I like that you have the main TWP version on the main page.
    I think all contributing pages should have a version printed somewhere consistent.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. The TWP version is always printed at the top of the page with any of the included schemes.

This release didn't pick up LJ's latest innovations - the Thumb modifications. While updating lj_util.itcl is easy, he also changed the series page so clicking on the thumb icon would take you directly to the thumbs page.
    Quick and easy thumb modification is incredibly useful for rebuilding your tivo or maintaining genre-specific tivos. (My 2nd tivo is the sports tivo - nothing else).
    The TiVO AI isn't the greatest, so if a game runs long and you are suddenly forced to tivo some lame show that happens to be on next, TiVo's suggestions will go wild and instead of getting basketball, football, soccer, hockey and tennis, it not only went on a buffy, angle, dawson's creek marathon, but it pickef up every bad horror flick as well.
    With the LJ mod, I was able to look at suggestions and schedules suggestions and either clear or give thumbs down to extraneous show and get my tivo back on track.
    You're right. We're purposely not including the Thumb modifications in version 1.0. The primary reason for this decision is that they became available too late in the development cycle. RC5 will most likely be released as 1.0-final with very few modifications. Introducing something so new at this point would just drag out the release. Our plans are to release 1.0 and then begin working on 1.1, which will include things that were requested too late in the development cycle for 1.0, such as the Thumbs modifications.

falcontx

Quote Originally Posted by TheWickedPriest
    Sure. We decided to go with TPM as it simplifies the installation procedure greatly, which should be helpful to those just getting started. I had originally thought about releasing it both ways, but figured I'd give a TPM-only release a shot to see what kind of response I would get. Obviously, it didn't take long for someone to notice. ;P I'll post a .tar.gz this evening.

falcontx

Quote Originally Posted by TheWickedPriest
    You can extract a *.tar.gz from a *.tpm using dd the same way the script does.

In this case, you can do the following:

Code:
    cat TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tivo.tpm | grep .tar.gz
    to find the offset, then

Code:
    dd if=TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tivo.tpm of=TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tar.gz bs=30500 skip=1
    to get the non-TPM version.

The only minor issue I see is that by default tpm wants to put TivoWebPlus in /var/local instead of our tivo standard of /var/hack.
    You can always over ride the default and use /var/hack

Quote Originally Posted by falcontx
    Well, technically speaking, there is no "standard" place to install anything on a TiVo. Many people use '/var/hack', yet I never have. On a normal linux implimentation, '/usr/local' is widely regarded as a good place in which to keep self-compiled or third-party programs and '/var/local' is typically used to store variable data for those programs. With that being said, one might ask, why not install TWP in '/usr/local' then? The reason '/usr/local' was not chosen is that it resides on a partition of the TiVo that is typically mounted as read-only and TWP has the need to write to a file within it's directory structure on occasion (such as for uploading logos). So '/var/local' seemed the next best logical place. It's always in a rw mounted partition and is typically used for local programs on a normal linux implimentation.
    Well stated.

extract TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tivo.tpm from the zip file and upload it to your TiVo. Then, launch the installer with the following command:

bash TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tivo.tpm
    You may want to include these instructions in the first post. Hopefully it will prevent the "How do I install it?" question.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 02-19-2004 at 01:05 PM.

Unhappy Thumbs modification not working with TWP 1.0-rc5

With the LJ mod, I was able to look at suggestions and schedules suggestions and either clear or give thumbs down to extraneous show and get my tivo back on track.

So in ui.itcl, the prcedure

proc action_series

seems to be siginificantly different between's LJ's Feb 1, 2004 version and the one in TWP 1.0.rc5

I replaced the lj_utils with v3.5 and ui.itcl with the 01FEB04 version from LJ's web page but thumbs are not working for me.
    I can see the thumbs values and get to the modification page but
    any time I try to change a thumb value I get.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_thumbs '' 'set "newthmb" "-1";set "fsid" "21339";set "orgthmb" "1";set "title" "Ricki Lake";set "thumbtype" "Predicted";set "submit" "Set";'
    syntax error in expression "ATSH080826 + 1"
    while executing
    "expr $serverid + 1"
    ("uplevel" body line 34)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    set series [db $db openid $fsid]
    set serverid [dbobj $series get ServerId]
    dbobj $series set ThumbData $thmbval

..."
    (procedure "::action_thumbs" line 90)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

-- TiVo model number Hughes SD-DVR40
    -- TiVo software version 3.1.1b
    -- TiVoWebPlus version v1.0 rc5 (also happens with v1.0 rc4
    -- method used to hack the TiVo Sleeper's .iso 1.02
    -- detailed description of the problem see above
    -- steps we should take to duplicate your problem (i.e. which screen you're on and what button you're clicking) happens all the time whenever I try to modify a thumbs setting. This is not a problem with the AS IS rc5 release, rather it is an interference with the rc5 and newer versions of ui.itcl and lj_utils.itcl.
    -- did you test with any other versions or was this working on a previous version? if so, which version? failed with v1.0 rc4 also. never tried these versions of ui.ictl and lj_utils.itcl with any previous versions of TWP.
    Last edited by Lowcarb; 02-19-2004 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcarb
    I replaced the lj_utils with v3.5 and ui.itcl with the 01FEB04 version from LJ's web page but thumbs are not working for me.
    I can see the thumbs values and get to the modification page but
    any time I try to change a thumb value I get.
    Lowcarb: thanks for pointing this out, I too was making changes to the lj_util.itcl file and was finding that it was causing errors. Glad I am not the only one.

Here is what I did. First I removed lj_utils.itcl, then I did a 'ln -s /bin/busybox lj_utils.itcl' after that nothing worked. I figured that this should work as busybox has been able to replace so many of the other commands on my Tivo.

*end sarcastic response*

Thank you for playing. You have successfully tested the Feb 1 version of LJ's utils. And it is possible you have found a bug. Congratulations! Unfortunately you don't get a cigar in this case, as what we are testing in this thread is currently the RC5 release of TWP. If you wish to continue to play, please uninstall TWP, and then re-install it.

The only things you should be changing to test this version are the values in the config file.

Split
    Last edited by splitsec; 02-19-2004 at 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling

DSR6000 - 3.1 - 120gb
    HDVR2 - Just for hacking

Unable to Schedule PPV To Record

Software: 3.1.1-01-2-351
    Tivo Model: SD-DVR40
    TivoWebPlus: RC5-RC5

After clicking on record button, the broswer just hangs forever. No error is displayed, and the event is not schedule in the To Do List.

Quote Originally Posted by rtv_73
    Software: 3.1.1-01-2-351
    Tivo Model: SD-DVR40
    TivoWebPlus: RC5-RC5

After clicking on record button, the broswer just hangs forever. No error is displayed, and the event is not schedule in the To Do List.
    I had a similar issue with my s1 dtivo on a diferent version, but my tivo restarted because of it. i will try to recreate the error and look into it
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Throg Guest
    TivoWebPlus * TiVoWeb with a kick!
    Please help us thoroughly test this package so
    that we can ensure a stable, reliable final release. Thank you!
    Search module
    1. If I change "Search By:" while there's test in the "Search For:" block, I get a runtime error Line: 31 Error: Object expected

2. If I do a search without checking either of the 2 checkboxes, I get:
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_search '' 'set "searchby" "1";set "cat" "0";set "scat" "0";set "q" "chase";set "submit" "Search";'
    Error couldn't find starting offset in program key
    while executing
    "error "Error couldn't find starting offset in program key""
    (procedure "get_programshowings" line 56)
    invoked from within
    "get_programshowings $sfsid $watch"
    (procedure "::action_search" line 270)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Sony SA S1 Dual 120GB 3.0.1.A1-01-1-010

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The TWP version is always printed at the top of the page with any of the included schemes.

falcontx
    The overall TWP framework has a posted version number.
    But virtually all pages are user-contributed and semi-'hot swappable'.

While there's no real way to enforce it, it would be very nice if each page had a consistent version section so when I went to the ChannelGrid or Command, or Phone, etc pages, you could see the page version/author/modifier/date/etc someplace.

This way as bugs are reported and fixes posted, the time spent figuring out exactly what software the user has installed is easier.

The overall TWP framework has a posted version number.
    But virtually all pages are user-contributed and semi-'hot swappable'.

While there's no real way to enforce it, it would be very nice if each page had a consistent version section so when I went to the ChannelGrid or Command, or Phone, etc pages, you could see the page version/author/modifier/date/etc someplace.

This way as bugs are reported and fixes posted, the time spent figuring out exactly what software the user has installed is easier.
    Because the modules are not done by us, they would have to put version numbers in if they wanted. its easy enough to standardize some of the core modules to display the version number really small at the bottom of the page though. also, certain modules, such as lu_utils.tcl, dont have a natural interface anyway, so displaying its version number would be an issue. i guess you could create a 'versions' module and have it determine the module's version number, but that would be somehting for 1.1
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Clicking on the name of an actor or director does not search properly. This is because the searchby offset is different now that there are six options. In ui.itcl, line 50, change

Code:
        set searchby [lindex "3 4" [expr $searchtype - 1]]
    to
    Code:
        set searchby [lindex "4 5" [expr $searchtype - 1]]