Page 49 of 86 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: (Deprecated) TiVoWebPlus 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Throg
    Search module
    1. If I change "Search By:" while there's test in the "Search For:" block, I get a runtime error Line: 31 Error: Object expected
    This will be fixed in the next release.

2. If I do a search without checking either of the 2 checkboxes, I get:
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_search '' 'set "searchby" "1";set "cat" "0";set "scat" "0";set "q" "chase";set "submit" "Search";'
    Error couldn't find starting offset in program key
    I could not duplicate this error. Try doing a Full Reload.

Thanks for the report.

falcontx

Quote Originally Posted by hergtoler
    Clicking on the name of an actor or director does not search properly. This is because the searchby offset is different now that there are six options.
    This will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for the report!

falcontx

I can't load s2 logos from this page using tivowebplus. The original tivoweb loads them fine.

Diffing the 2 logos.itcl I noticed that TWP checks for a logo width of 101 whereas TW checks for a width of 100.

The logos supplied on the UK tivo have width 100, not 101. I am not sure about any other type of tivo.

Can line 243 of logos.itcl be changed back to checking for width 100, or check for either 100 or 101 if 101 is indeed legitimate?

Quote Originally Posted by bobones
    I can't load s2 logos from this page using tivowebplus. The original tivoweb loads them fine.

Diffing the 2 logos.itcl I noticed that TWP checks for a logo width of 101 whereas TW checks for a width of 100.

The logos supplied on the UK tivo have width 100, not 101. I am not sure about any other type of tivo.

Can line 243 of logos.itcl be changed back to checking for width 100, or check for either 100 or 101 if 101 is indeed legitimate?
    Give it a shot. I am not sure why TWP checks for a width of 101 actually. It seems that my logos have a width of 65 or 100, depending on the type of logo. Let us know if your change fixes the problem.

falcontx

Quote Originally Posted by falcontx
    Give it a shot. I am not sure why TWP checks for a width of 101 actually. It seems that my logos have a width of 65 or 100, depending on the type of logo. Let us know if your change fixes the problem.

falcontx
    Sorry, I should have said that changing it to 100 does indeed allow the logos to be loaded correctly.

I'm not sure what's going on here. I've installed prior versions of this without issue, but it doesn't seem to be updating my files.

I tried installing the TPM issue and it seemed to work, except the following small error slipped in (still continued):
    Where would you like to install "TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tivo.tpm" ? [/var/local/tiv
    oweb-tcl]: /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl

Extracting archive...
    Decompressing archive...
    Unpacking archive...
    tar: Hmm, this doesn't look like a tar archive
    tar: Skipping to next file header
    I checked my folders and no files (except robot.txt and some new TPM files) updated from rc4. This includes the info.itcl file in the modules folder (still the old one).

I quit tivoweb entirely and reloaded. Still got rc4. No rc5.

When I tried to re-install, it "aborted installation":
    Would you like to install "TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tivo.tpm" now? [yes]: y

A package named "TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tivo.tpm" is already installed.
    You must uninstall it before installing "TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tivo.tpm"
    Would you like to continue and uninstall "TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tivo.tpm" now? [ye
    s]: y

Aborting installation.
    Aborting the entire TPM try, I then went used the command listed in the first post on this thread to get the tar.gz file. I then tried to extract the tar.gz, and got:
    /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl# tar zxvf TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tar.gz
    Nothing extracted.

So I then tried to get the tar file, then the try the old cpio command on that.
    /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl# gzip -d TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tar.gz
    /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl# cpio -H tar -i < TivoWebPlus-1.0-rc5.tar
    I received a long string of messges telling me various files "newer or same age version exists". It didn't seem to indicate that it updated anything (nothing newer than February 6, 2004). I also checked the folders and no update seemed to occur.

Again, I quiteTivowebplus, and restarted. Still running rc4.

Quote Originally Posted by rpongett
    Seems as though you have a corrupt package. I would recommend downloading the package again.

falcontx

Lost network connectivity or USB port after TivoWebPlus install

First, my system:

*edit*
    I did search this thread, but I haven't found anything related. I will also keep looking here...it's a big stinkin' thread...

hardware: DirecTivo HDVR2
    TivoPlus ver: 1.0 rc5
    Hacked with Sleeper ISO/monte

I'll start by saying there is a very good chance I am just being a dumba$$ but...

I installed TivoWebPlus, and selected the option to have it automatically start. The install was successful, but after a restart, I lost network connectivity.

I am using a Linksys USB200M adapter. I checked it out, and no link lights, so it isn't a bonehead IP configuration problem.

Other than installing TivoWebPlus, the only change I made was to comment out the line in rs.sysinit.author that started up my old version of TivoWeb (tivoweb-tcl 1.9.4) as follows:

#Load tivoweb
    #/usr/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb

I did grab everything in my rc.d directory before the reboot, if it will help anyone.

The next thing you are going to ask is to see the boot log.....well, I was a lucky camper, and my hack went flawlessly, so I don't have a serial cable. I am making one now.

thanks in advance, and I'll follow up if I figure it out before someonw else does, or with any pertinent boot information.

thanks,

Bryan
    Last edited by bdonalds; 02-22-2004 at 11:48 AM.

OH CRAP!

Now I think I remember. I remounted as read-write to edit my files, and forgot to remount as read-only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have I done!!?!?

I'm off to search the forums!

Bryan

***edit***

At Sleeper's recommendation (and I agree), I have opened a thread in the newbie forum for this problem. What I have done and the problems I have don't have anything to do with TivoWebPlus.

Last edited by bdonalds; 02-22-2004 at 12:54 PM.

Question about startup file..

HDVR2, TivoWebPlus 1.0 RC5

The file /etc/rcS.d/S90TivoWebPlus is as follows:

#!/bin/sh
    RUN_ONCE=0
    if [ "$1" == "start" ]; then
    if [ $RUN_ONCE -eq 1 ]; then
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f /etc/rcS.d/S90TivoWebPlus
    mount -o remount,rw /
    fi
    /var/local/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb
    fi

Should the second "mount" statement be: 'mount -o remount,ro /'?

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by bdonalds
    HDVR2, TivoWebPlus 1.0 RC5

The file /etc/rcS.d/S90TivoWebPlus is as follows:

#!/bin/sh
    RUN_ONCE=0
    if [ "$1" == "start" ]; then
    if [ $RUN_ONCE -eq 1 ]; then
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f /etc/rcS.d/S90TivoWebPlus
    mount -o remount,rw /
    fi
    /var/local/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb
    fi

Bryan
    I believe so. however, this would be a bug with TPM, not with tivoweb. please post in the associated thread for TPM so sleeper can fix that.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Quote Originally Posted by falcontx
    Seems as though you have a corrupt package. I would recommend downloading the package again.

falcontx
    I don't think so at this point. I downloaded another version of it and made sure it wasn't just loading out of my internet temp file (another complete download).

I tried FTPing over again. Same result.
    Extracting archive...
    Decompressing archive...
    Unpacking archive...
    I tried uploading it to my Dtivo (S1) using rzmodem through Terra Term just to see if it was some kind of ftp issue. Exact same reults.

Here's where it gets goofy. I then tried to install it in /var/hack instead. It decompressed what looks like everything (who can really tell). That ended up being a pain (had to nuke those extra files and folders).

From what I can gather, unlike the old tar.gz install, it refuses to ovewrite older old files. Or atleast mine, for whatever reason (e.g., it wasn't updated my info.itcl or any other files). And when I extracted the tar.gz files, they also refused to update. I know that the info.itcl file must at least be newer in your version, so I don't understand what was going on.

Anyway, I nuked my whole tivoweb-tcl folder (except for some old modules and binaries I separately use) and installed the whole thing in a completely empty folder. I then added back in my files. I still got the "tar: Hmm, this doesn't look like a tar archive" error, but everything appeared to work OK. rc5 is up. I didn't have to do any of that with the old tar.gz files. For whatver reason.

I kind of worry about what I might have to do with future TPM versions of this thing. Will they load over the old stuff? And what was that "Hmmm . . " error about? Doesn't seem to matter, but it was there using both files I downloaded.

Last oddity. Its now faster. Seriously, weird (the difference is pretty striking on a few things it used to take a while with). Obviously, I don't think this is something that happened with major revisions in rc5. Must have been something re the files I nuked before reinstalling, which I haven't done in a year. Side bonus to the whole thing.
    Last edited by rpongett; 02-22-2004 at 07:43 PM.

(Just figured out that what was in this post was wrong)
    Last edited by rpongett; 02-22-2004 at 07:55 PM.

Yes, It has already been reported. Since noone is using the RUN_ONCE feature it is not an issue. Also, this is not a TWP topic, it is a TPM topic and belongs in that thread.

Automatically remount / read-only on logout

OH CRAP!

Now I think I remember. I remounted as read-write to edit my files, and forgot to remount as read-only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have I done!!?!?

I'm off to search the forums!

Bryan

***edit***

At Sleeper's recommendation (and I agree), I have opened a thread in the newbie forum for this problem. What I have done and the problems I have don't have anything to do with TivoWebPlus.

To help prevent this from happening in the future, try putting a .bash_logout file in your home dir with a line remounting / read-only:

mount -o remount,ro /

Then, whenever you logout of your Tivo, root will automatically be remounted read-only.