Page 50 of 86 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: (Deprecated) TiVoWebPlus 1.0

Thanks for your help.

I opened a topic in the Newbie forum for this problem. Please respond there. This thread is long enough without the tangent I started clogging it up..

Well, both of them, with the TPM thing....sorry about that. I have been away for a while, and jumped back in willy-nilly without geting caught up with all of the new modules.

The link to my newbie topic is here:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=32478
    The problem was not setting the proper permissions on a few files in the rc.d directory.

Bryan

Don't know if you knaowe about this one:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...44#post1760844
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Quote Originally Posted by sanderton
    Don't know if you knaowe about this one:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...44#post1760844
    Yup. It was mentioned about 15 posts ago. The check for 101 was even present in my very first release, yet I can't figure out why. I've been searching trying to figure out if I had perhaps downloaded a copy that was incorrect to no avail. Regardless, it's obviously wrong and I'm glad we caught it before the final release.

falcontx

Error from INFO module rc5

I get the following error from the info module
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_info '/' ''
    no value given for parameter "bold" to "disp_spacerow"
    while executing
    "disp_spacerow $chan [get_type $type] $count($type) [expr $space($type)/1024] [timeconv $time($type)] $::usersize"
    (procedure "::action_info" line 341)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--
    Then followed by
    Currently recording

Currently on live tv

Tivo box information ,

-- TiVo model number Hughes SD-DVR40
    -- TiVo software version 3.1.1b
    -- TiVoWebPlus version rc5
    -- method used to hack the TiVo Sleeper's monte script 1.02
    -- detailed description of the problem (error messages are helpful)See above
    -- steps we should take to duplicate your problem (i.e. which screen you're on and what button you're clicking) Click on Info link in header, did full reload, did quit and restarted, same results
    -- did you test with any other versions or was this working on a previous version? if so, which version? used version rc4 before. It works in rc4.
    Last edited by Lowcarb; 02-24-2004 at 06:13 PM.

If you choose for tpm to launch tivoweb on startup everytime it boots where does it put the startup line on both the hdvr2 hacked with the sleeper iso and the dsr6000 hacked with extreme31 upgrade running xplusz , on the hdvr2 does it put it in the rc.sysinit.author file. If you choose to have it not start when it boots, does it just install the tivoweb-tcl in the /usr/local/ folder and leave every other file alone. Im just curious how it effects previous installations.

Quote Originally Posted by Waymond Trimmer
    If you choose for tpm to launch tivoweb on startup everytime it boots where does it put the startup line on both the hdvr2 hacked with the sleeper iso and the dsr6000 hacked with extreme31 upgrade running xplusz , on the hdvr2 does it put it in the rc.sysinit.author file. If you choose to have it not start when it boots, does it just install the tivoweb-tcl in the /usr/local/ folder and leave every other file alone. Im just curious how it effects previous installations.
    It puts a line in rc.sysinit.author that calls rc.sysinit.tpm. If no rc.sysinit.author exists, it creates it with the entry that calls rc.sysinit.tpm.

rc.sysinit.tpm executes the scripts in /etc/rcS.d in numerical order.

The entries in /etc/rcS.d are actually symbolic links to the actual scripts which are in /etc/init.d

If you choose not to automatically start the startup files are not created. In either case it does not effect previous installations unless it was a tpm package. In which case it gets uninstalled first.

User Interface->Season Pass error

-- TiVo model number (i.e. HDVR2, SAT-T60)
    HDR212

-- TiVo software version (i.e. 2.5.5, 3.1.1b, 4.0)
    3.0-01-1-000

-- TiVoWebPlus version
    TivoWebPlus Project - v1.0-rc5

-- method used to hack the TiVo
    Hindsdale Boot CD

-- detailed description of the problem (error messages are helpful)
    When I try User Interface -> Season Pass, I get:

action_ui '/seasonpass' ''
    Invalid /Schedule format: ''
    while executing
    "error "Invalid /Schedule format: '[lindex $schedlist 1]'""
    ("uplevel" body line 71)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type $seasonpassdir "" 20 {
    set sp [db $db openid $fsid]
    set type [defaultval 1 [dbobj $sp get Type]]
    set rp..."
    (procedure "action_seasonpass" line 93)
    invoked from within
    "action_seasonpass $chan "" $env"
    (procedure "::action_ui" line 42)
    invoked from within
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within

Is there a TWP feature request thread?

Once in a while I see mini-flames at people who put feature requests in between the bug reports. But I haven't actually seen any feature request.

Where should they go?

Error when setting up a one-time recording

-- TiVo model number (i.e. HDVR2, SAT-T60)
    SD-DVR40

-- TiVo software version (i.e. 2.5.5, 3.1.1b, 4.0)
    3.1.1b

-- TiVoWebPlus version
    TivoWebPlus Project - v1.0-rc5

-- method used to hack the TiVo
    Sleepers ISO

-- detailed description of the problem (error messages are helpful)

I selected a program using the search function, and clicked "record". I then clicked on "conflicts", and it indicated all conflicting shows were on one tuner, so the recording could proceed. I then clicked on "record" and got the following error:

--cut here--
    action_record '' 'set "quality" "100";set "kal" "2";set "startearly" "0";set "endlate" "60";set "objectid" "70286/11";set "conflictslist" "";set "Record" "Record";'
    can't open object (errDbNotFound)

while executing
    "db $db openid $fsid $subobjid"
    ("uplevel" body line 35)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    set previousrecfsid [lindex [get_fsidbyprefix "/Recording/Cancelled" "$date:$timestr:$stationfsid:"] 0]
    if { $previousrecfs..."
    (procedure "MakeTodoRecording" line 124)
    invoked from within
    "MakeTodoRecording $objectid $quality 3 [expr 60 * $startearly] [expr 60 * $endlate] $kal $conflictslist"
    (procedure "::action_record" line 6)
    invoked from within
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    --cut here--

The next day, I did a full reload of Tivoweb, and was able to complete this action successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by rbiro
    Once in a while I see mini-flames at people who put feature requests in between the bug reports. But I haven't actually seen any feature request.

Where should they go?
    Well, feature requests are not currently being taken as we are in the final stages of development. When 1.0-final is released, we will be starting a completely new thread for further development. Once that occurs, we'll be open for suggestions. Thanks for asking!

falcontx

Quote Originally Posted by grein002
    can't open object (errDbNotFound)

The next day, I did a full reload of Tivoweb, and was able to complete this action successfully.
    Any time you get this error, you should always do a Full Reload. This particular error typically does not indicate a bug with TivoWebPlus, but rather a problem with the current intance, or your TiVo, for one reason or another. Most of the time, a Full Reload will fix it.

falcontx

Quote Originally Posted by tholden1
    When I try User Interface -> Season Pass, I get:

action_ui '/seasonpass' ''
    Invalid /Schedule format: ''
    while executing
    "error "Invalid /Schedule format: '[lindex $schedlist 1]'""
    Are you using some kind of imported data such as JPags PPV Guide Data? It seems as though the data in your schedule is not in it's expected format.

falcontx

I haven't used any non-Tivo guide data. This is installed on an unsubbed unit. I have a subbed unit and I restored its image onto this one. So the unsubbed unit still has week old guide data.

I only have manual recordings set up. I have used the fixup30.tcl to enable me to get into the season pass manager and when I get into it from the Tivo I can see all of my manual recordings.

I would have thought it would have just shown me the manual recordings in TivoWebPlus as well. Perhaps it is getting confused because of the guide data from the other Tivo. When I get a chance I will install the tivowebplus onto the subbed Tivo. The subbed unit should work since it is using its own guide data.

Quote Originally Posted by falcontx
    Are you using some kind of imported data such as JPags PPV Guide Data? It seems as though the data in your schedule is not in it's expected format.

falcontx

A few weeks ago I posted about the reserved space calculation. ( http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...&postcount=606 ). Was there any action toward incorporating MuscleNerd's data into TWP?

Bob

Yep, that was it. I installed it on a subbed Tivo and all is well. I guess it is getting confused by the guide data from the other Tivo. Perhaps I will figure out a way to delete it since it will expire soon anyway.

Good job falcontx. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by tholden1
    I haven't used any non-Tivo guide data. This is installed on an unsubbed unit. I have a subbed unit and I restored its image onto this one. So the unsubbed unit still has week old guide data.

I only have manual recordings set up. I have used the fixup30.tcl to enable me to get into the season pass manager and when I get into it from the Tivo I can see all of my manual recordings.

I would have thought it would have just shown me the manual recordings in TivoWebPlus as well. Perhaps it is getting confused because of the guide data from the other Tivo. When I get a chance I will install the tivowebplus onto the subbed Tivo. The subbed unit should work since it is using its own guide data.