Thread: more frustrated than ever

more frustrated than ever

I have been working on these 2 utvs for a week now.#1-40 gig seagate.I lost electrical in the house for just a second and went to blinking green light.I finaly got the image to take on the drive(i did check the drive-no bad sectors)When I powered it up went to welcome screen like it should.I turned off the unit and moved it to the tv room.Plugged back in and the damn green light won't quit blinking.Same thing on the other unit with the exception of a 120 gig wd drive.Both have me about ready to make boat anchors out of them Someone has to have a idea.(i hope)

here's what i've done-unlocked the drives using mhd3 and zeroed out-rewrote the 3.5 image to both(severals times).

Thanks in advance for any help.Slowhanddd

See if this helps

Unplug UTV for 5 minutes while unplugged press and hold any of the buttons on the front panel for 30 or more seconds. Saw this posted somewhere else and has worked for some blinking light issues. Try and hopefully it helps.

Re: more frustrated than ever

Originally posted by slowhanddd
    here's what i've done-unlocked the drives using mhd3 and zeroed out-rewrote the 3.5 image to both(severals times).
    Try upgrading to 3.7, it contains several bug fixes. There is no reason to run 3.5 now.

I'm trying the download as we speak.It has restarted twice.It seems to be working on the download ok now.Slowhanddd

now the unit

powers down on it's own.I'm getting the welcome screen.While going thru the set up the unit just resets and goes to the blinking green light.I've installed a new 120 drive and reapplied the image.Any ideas now?

Re: now the unit

Originally posted by slowhanddd
    powers down on it's own.I'm getting the welcome screen.While going thru the set up the unit just resets and goes to the blinking green light.I've installed a new 120 drive and reapplied the image.Any ideas now?
    This is the 3.7 image, correct? Anything else is suspect.

Yes it's the 37 image.Now i can't get any signal strenght on either tuner.I think I had a bad coax.Can this cause the tuners to get hot and quit working?I think I've had it with this thing.If the tuners are bad,where can I gat them fixed??Thanks,Slowhanddd