Thread: DSR6000 Troubles

DSR6000 Troubles

OK, I'm definitely new at this. I attempted to add a 120GB Western Digital to my existing Tivo setup. It's a DirecTivo DSR6000, about 2 years old now I guess. Anyway, I ended up booting into XP with the original HD and somehow ended up frying the drive. (It won't recognize the master or slave drives when I hook that drive to the computer anymore, so I assume it's fried.) Well, after days of toil, I was finally able to find a tivo.bak, but it was an old 2.0 version of the software. I restored that image onto the 120 GB hard drive and put it back together. I did a system reset and everything worked fine until the Tivo dialed in and updated the software version. The message said it needed a reboot, and once I reboot, I get stuck at the "Welcome...Powering Up" screen with a yellow flash every minute or so. It was suggested that I try to run MakeTivoBootable on the drive, but nothing happened. So basically I'm stuck. Right now I have the Tivo hooked up and and working, but it is still pending the reboot for the software install, so it won't make the daily call. I was told to get an updated image, but it's almost impossible to find one now. What to do?

Start with a 25xtreme install. They are floating around in quite a few places.

Ok, I downloaded like a 125mb zip file from tivostuff so I assume that's it. Can anyone point me to documentation on this? Is it easy to use? Plus, do I need to resotre the old backup or should I use this on the drive the way it is now?

er.... no....

The 125mb file is 252xtreme. You need to get 25xtreme.

It comes with a readme inside the zipfile.