Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New software, bad display

Question New software, bad display

Not sure how you defined DDB Wide style, but on my screen (1280x1024) it fills about 1/2 the width of the screen when viewing a thread. The main forums list uses the whole screen, as it should. Can you please give us another option to fix this?

Oh yea, the default fonts are huge, can you change that as well?

Thanks
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleLamp
    Not sure how you defined DDB Wide style, but on my screen (1280x1024) it fills about 1/2 the width of the screen when viewing a thread. The main forums list uses the whole screen, as it should. Can you please give us another option to fix this?

Oh yea, the default fonts are huge, can you change that as well?

Thanks
    Ditto here.

Thanks.
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

Yeah, we seem to have lost a lot of real estate with this new look. The margins on the sides are huge and there is a lot of non-message stuff at the bottom of the pages. I do like the colors, though.

Guys, everything will be fixed as for the margins and it will take up the whole screen, Just give me some time. I'm trying my best in keeping this thing running. I'm also trying to make sure that it takes up less system resources because this damn server keeps swaping!!!!.
    - Vadim
    Administrator

how about now?
    - Vadim
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim
    how about now?
    Looks great to me.

Happy holidays.

Vadim, I think the changes are great, just a little "bright" for me, I get used to the gray background. My guess is that you will include more skin options in the future, right?

Thumbs up

Looks good Vadim.

Looks good. More skins would be nice at some point. Thanks. One thing I would like to see is for the forum thread page to go back to one line per thread, as opposed to the current two. I can see twice as many threads per page.... gets me beyond all of those multiple stickys.
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

more skins will come as vB3 hits final releases. For now we'll stick to this style.
    - Vadim
    Administrator

more skins will come as vB3 hits final releases. For now we'll stick to this style.

At least it's full width now. Anything you can do to get the fonts back to a normal size?

Thanks
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

what the size you are viewing now? I'll see what I can do.
    - Vadim
    Administrator

Where did subscribe to this thread option disappear?
    do we have to post to every thread that we need to subscribe to Now?

Along with that, show printable version disappeared as well.
    although it wasn't working in the first place (let me qualify that, showing the entire thread to print was not working)
    I understand that some of these features add extra strain on the server as they are resource intensive, however stripping such essential features practically makes the board useless.
    Try to find a specific section of a discussion in a 50 page thread, unless you read every post, you can't even use the browser's search.
    And vbul's search engine just points you to the thread.

Please don't take this as criticism, as this board to me still remains the best Tivo board period, and I will still use it with all it's limitations, just hoping that it could get a little easier buy turning on some of the board features that helps us.

Thanks
    Arthur
    "One can acquire everything in solitude, except character." - Henri Stendhal

Nope you are wrong! New features were added and none were stripped. On top of every thread there is now a "Thread Tools", and "Search this thread" and even display modes. Check it out! Just will take some time getting used to it. The view pritable version was removed by vB in vB2.2.3 (last version installed) and in 2.2.2 it was not working where I later found a fix and fixed it. When I upgraded to 2.2.3 they removed the feature and just allowed maxium number of threads on 1 page, because they believe high threads cause very extensive load on the server. vB3 (this one) also has that implemented. I'm sorry but it's just not up to me how jelsoft designs their software. It's still the best bulletin board solution available.

Quote Originally Posted by arthur
    Where did subscribe to this thread option disappear?
    do we have to post to every thread that we need to subscribe to Now?

Along with that, show printable version disappeared as well.
    although it wasn't working in the first place (let me qualify that, showing the entire thread to print was not working)
    I understand that some of these features add extra strain on the server as they are resource intensive, however stripping such essential features practically makes the board useless.
    Try to find a specific section of a discussion in a 50 page thread, unless you read every post, you can't even use the browser's search.
    And vbul's search engine just points you to the thread.

Please don't take this as criticism, as this board to me still remains the best Tivo board period, and I will still use it with all it's limitations, just hoping that it could get a little easier buy turning on some of the board features that helps us.

Thanks
    - Vadim
    Administrator

Nope you are wrong! New features were added and none were stripped. On top of every thread there is now a "Thread Tools", and "Search this thread" and even display modes. Check it out! Just will take some time getting used to it. The view pritable version was removed by vB in vB2.2.3 (last version installed) and in 2.2.2 it was not working where I later found a fix and fixed it. When I upgraded to 2.2.3 they removed the feature and just allowed maxium number of threads on 1 page, because they believe high threads cause very extensive load on the server. vB3 (this one) also has that implemented. I'm sorry but it's just not up to me how jelsoft designs their software. It's still the best bulletin board solution available.
    My appologies Vadim,
    I had tried "Thread Tools" and "Search this thread" links before posting and all it did was it took me to the end of the thread.
    After your reply I looked at it again.
    I found my problem, I turn off Java Script by default (older versions of vbull never needed them)
    as soon as I turn it back on, those links worked.

in fact, there is a show prinatble version option under "Thread Tools"
    The only thing that I still can't find is
    "Subscribe to This Thread Link" I sure hope that exists somewhere, just so it cuts down on unecessary posts just to be subscribed.

Thanks again.
    Arthur
    "One can acquire everything in solitude, except character." - Henri Stendhal