Thread: Phase III Multiswitch

Unhappy Phase III Multiswitch

I was wondering what powered Multiswitch I should purchase I've been scouring E-bay for the following switches Terk 5X8, Eagle-Aspen 5X8, and a Samsonk. What would be my best option? I want to make sure I don't buy something inferior, howerver I don't want to spend more then necessary. The prices go from $50-$90. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I've used Eagle Aspens with good results. The Terk 5x8 you mentioned is also supposed to work quite well. I'm not familiar with the Samsonk model so I have nothing to say about it. You need to make sure any multi-switch you choose is compatible with a phase III dish. You may have to add 22kHz repeaters in the coax lines otherwise.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    I've used Eagle Aspens with good results. The Terk 5x8 you mentioned is also supposed to work quite well. I'm not familiar with the Samsonk model so I have nothing to say about it. You need to make sure any multi-switch you choose is compatible with a phase III dish. You may have to add 22kHz repeaters in the coax lines otherwise.

Any suggestion on where to purchase the Eagle Aspen for the best price?

Just run a google search or check out some of the on-line satellite dealers. They're also available on ebay and the prices I've seen are competitive with most dealers but may be a couple of bucks higher.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    Just run a google search or check out some of the on-line satellite dealers. They're also available on ebay and the prices I've seen are competitive with most dealers but may be a couple of bucks higher.
    Captain Video
    Thanks again for your comments I've been using the board for several months now and your advice has been much appreciated. Thanks again.