Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Directtivo and new show id's

Directtivo and new show id's

I seem to be having problems with both tysuitej and tytools with the newer sho id's, instead of getting series name - episode name in tytools there is no episode name. in tysuitej episode name shows up as series name.... My older shows are still formatted correctly.. Also the web interface is ok... any ideas?

After poking around a little it appears that the NowShowing script isn't dumping episode names for the newer programs. Is anyone else seeing this issue as well?

I am having the same problem also. I imagine everyone is, so I am surprised that the clever developers have not yet put out a patch to resolve the issue. It may even be something that can be fixed for TySuiteJ in the application.properties file with the following settings:

Extract.patterns=Title1;Title2
    Extract.titlePattern={Station}:{Default}

If I knew what those variables refered to and what other options were available, I might be able to give some better information.

I did some more searching and still haven't found the answer but did find these posts from April for a similar issue.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ode#post295789

I ran NowShowing manually on my Tivo and found that the <EpisodeTitle>: fields were all empty for the newer shows since the Tivo Guide format change.

Jamie, any chance you can release a new version of NowShowing, or maybe just update the tcl version to gather the EpisodeTitle information again? I've become spoiled on Tytool for so long that it's painful now to manually figure out all of the episode names.

I'm running 6.2 on a Series 2 DSR708.

Quote Originally Posted by branlday View Post
    I did some more searching and still haven't found the answer but did find these posts from April for a similar issue.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ode#post295789

I ran NowShowing manually on my Tivo and found that the <EpisodeTitle>: fields were all empty for the newer shows since the Tivo Guide format change.

Jamie, any chance you can release a new version of NowShowing, or maybe just update the tcl version to gather the EpisodeTitle information again? I've become spoiled on Tytool for so long that it's painful now to manually figure out all of the episode names.

I'm running 6.2 on a Series 2 DSR708.
    Here is the patch for the tcl script... Its somewhat of a cluge but it works...
    From
    }

if { $episodic == 1 || $tmstype == 1 } {
    set partindex [dbobj $showing get PartIndex]
    set partcount [dbobj $showing get PartCount]

To

}

set episodic [dbobj $program get IsEpisode]
    if { $episodic == 1 || $tmstype == 1 } {
    set partindex [dbobj $showing get PartIndex]
    set partcount [dbobj $showing get PartCount]

Thanks. That worked for me. Now TySuiteJ works, just a lot slower on generating the showing list using the tcl script. I looked at the C source and I am just to rusty to figure out what needs to be changed there.

I've never posted here before, but I certainly learn a lot by reading...

I'm running 6.2a-01-2-151 on a hacked Series 2 DTivo, and I too am missing Episode information from the NowShowing output. The episode titles show perfectly on screen and in TivoWebPlus, but don't appear in either TyTool v10r4 or TySuiteJ 2.6.

I tried using the newest NowShowing.tcl script that I can find, but have read elsewhere that it is not compatible with 6.2 or later. How are you all able to run it?

I would certainly be willing to live with slower generation of now showing lists if my extracted video files could be properly named. Do any of you have a link to a NowShowing.tcl script that can be used with 6.2a?

Thanks so much!

BuffDriver

I downloaded the MFS Utils SRC package referenced in this thread.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=39487

Then I edited the NowShowing.tcl file and added the line bobbyhope indicated in his post. Finally, I put a NowShowing soft link in the /tivotools folder (because it is in my PATH env variable).

ln -s /hacks/NowShowing.tcl /tivotools/NowShowing

So now TySuiteJ executes NowShowing and it is a link to the edited tcl script instead of the compiled C binary. I don't think there is anything that we can do about TyTools because the NowShowing code is compiled into tserver (I believe).

I am running 6.2-01-2-301 and I'm not sure what the difference is between it and 6a. I wonder why the tcl script wouldn't work the same on your version?

Then I edited the NowShowing.tcl file and added the line bobbyhope indicated in his post. Finally, I put a NowShowing soft link in the /tivotools folder (because it is in my PATH env variable).

So now TySuiteJ executes NowShowing and it is a link to the edited tcl script instead of the compiled C binary. I don't think there is anything that we can do about TyTools because the NowShowing code is compiled into tserver (I believe).

I am running 6.2-01-2-301 and I'm not sure what the difference is between it and 6a. I wonder why the tcl script wouldn't work the same on your version?
    You can actually use tytools with NowShowing.tcl ...
    Here is the command I use... ( You can't delete episodes when tytools are executed like this.. also NowShowing.tcl is in my path. )
    nohup /var/hack/tserver -s NowShowing.tcl &

Fixing the tserver app...

If someone wants to fix NowShowing & the tserver app here is the modification ( I think ) to fix it.. I don't have the tools to perform a rebuild...

Origional ( From generate_NowShowing.c )
    if (get_attribute(bufSeries, sizeSeries, "Series",
    seriesAttr.u.object[0].subobj,
    "Episodic", &episodicAttr ))
    episodic = episodicAttr.u.integer[0];
    To
    episodic = get_attribute(bufSeries, sizeProgram, "Program",
    programAttr.u.object[0].subobj,
    "IsEpisode", &episodicAttr );
    Or
    if(get_attribute(bufSeries, sizeProgram, "Program",
    programAttr.u.object[0].subobj,
    "IsEpisode", &episodicAttr ))
    episodic =episodicAttr.u.integer[0];

Bobby

Thumbs up

branlday and bobbyhope,

You guys rock! Once the location of a workable NowShowing.tcl was pointed out, I was able to get the whole shebang working in about five minutes.

It's an entirely satisfactory workaround until someone can recompile tserver. Thanks so very much!

Whoopee!
    Last edited by buffdriver; 10-08-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Can't seem to get NowShowing.tcl to work.

I have the same problems with the episode names although I just started using this program and have never seen it show the episode names. I tried the above but I am unclear on how exactly to do the soft link command. Is it all right to delete the old NowShowing.tcl and replace it with the new one in the same directory or will this not work? I tried replacing the file and here is the response I receive.

bash-2.02# cd /bin
    bash-2.02#
    bash-2.02# ls
    NowShowing.tcl driveid mkdir sort
    asicVersion dserver.tcl mkswap stty
    bash du mount swapon
    cat expect mv sync
    chat freeramdisk ntpdate sz
    chmod getprom rdate umount
    cp grep rm uname
    cpio gzip rz vmstat
    date hdparm sh wepgen
    dd ln sleep
    df mfs_uberexport smartctl
    bash-2.02#
    bash-2.02# ./NowShowing.tcl
    <Title>:<Watch Pay Per View Previews Here!><Day>:<Sat><Date>:<9/27><Year>:<9/27/08><Station>:<DTV><EpisodeTitle>:<><FSID>:<74441/14><TyStream>:</74440><TotalSize>:<13>
    <Title>:<Curb Appeal><Day>:<Sat><Date>:<9/27><Year>:<9/27/08><Station>:<HGTV><EpisodeTitle>:<Victorian Facelift><FSID>:<81565/13><TyStream>:</81570/81571/81572/81573><TotalSize>:<880>
    <Title>:<Top 20 Countdown><Day>:<Sat><Date>:<9/27><Year>:<9/27/08><Station>:<CMT><EpisodeTitle>:<><FSID>:<81575/13><TyStream>:</81578/81579/81580/81581/81582/81583/81584/81585/81586/81587/81588/81589/81590/81591/81592><TotalSize>:<2624>
    bash-2.02#
    bash-2.02# echo $PATH
    /bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/ptvupgrade/bin:/ptvupgrade/busybox
    bash-2.02#
    bash-2.02#

My problem is TySuiteJ_26 will not show that any recordings are found with the modified NowShowing.tcl but as you can see in the above use of the script it is working from the command prompt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Finally figured out my problem. The original file was named NowShowing (no .tcl extension) I was trying to copy and use the new file named NowShowing.tcl after I removed the extension it worked. It's always something simple that gets ya.
    Last edited by 19972000muskrat; 10-14-2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Help Please - Using NowShowing.tcl instead of NowShowing

Thanks for the great work in finding the code to fix this problem. I've downloaded and modified a NowShowing.tcl file and confirmed that it returns episode titles by running it manually.

I'm having problems trying to tell TySuiteJ to use NowShowing.tcl instead of the compiled NowShowing. Both of the files exist in my /enhancements folder which is in my $Path.

I tried putting "ln -s /hacks/NowShowing.tcl /tivotools/NowShowing" in my re.sysinit.author file, but that doesn't work. It's still using the compiled version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
    Thanks for the great work in finding the code to fix this problem. I've downloaded and modified a NowShowing.tcl file and confirmed that it returns episode titles by running it manually.

I'm having problems trying to tell TySuiteJ to use NowShowing.tcl instead of the compiled NowShowing. Both of the files exist in my /enhancements folder which is in my $Path.

I tried putting "ln -s /hacks/NowShowing.tcl /tivotools/NowShowing" in my re.sysinit.author file, but that doesn't work. It's still using the compiled version.

I cheated and renamed (using mv) the existing NowShowing out of the way, then renamed the revised NowShowing.tcl to NowShowing. Works like a charm.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    I cheated and renamed (using mv) the existing NowShowing out of the way, then renamed the revised NowShowing.tcl to NowShowing. Works like a charm.
    Yes, indeed - it does work like a charm. I wondered about this, but thought the tcl suffix would be required.

Thank you for your help - my episode titles are back!

Kilgore