Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: How to disable tystream encryption to enable extraction

Quote Originally Posted by Quedawg View Post
    Alpha,
    After I go through your steps to disable encryption, I can't follow your next step for Series 1 units (I have a Hughes GXCEBOTD). That step is to download and transfer via binary unscramble.tar. I'm getting "Not an EFT file" error when I try to run Insmod unscramble.tar

What am I doing wrong?
    You might want to un-tar the file first; .tar is an archive file. That should get you unscramble.o, which you would then insmod.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

OK, I am able to transfer .ty files, but when I try to convert to mpg format, I only get files sizes of 1-3 MB which don't play.

Creating VOB file results in a similar error message:
    Mux'ing (with cuts): h:\The Race (0 of 1).ty
    Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
    Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...

DiffTime = 0.000000 (0) == 0.000000 Minutes

total = 1310720 (1 MB)
    I have 7.3.1 on my sd-h400, and I used the Nocso patch for 7.3.1:
    echo -ne "\x3C\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=1462588
    After that I rebooted. ciphercheck still shows that everything is encrypted. I did make a new recording after rebooting.

And was the new recording encrypted? This isn't going to un-encrypt your old programs.

Also, you can't patch a running tivoapp. So you need to do something like this:
    Code:
    cp tivoapp tivoapp.backup
    echo -ne "blahblahblah" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp.backup bs=1 seek=whatever
    mv tivoapp tivoapp.original
    mv tivoapp.backup tivoapp
    Then reboot.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    And was the new recording encrypted? This isn't going to un-encrypt your old programs.

Also, you can't patch a running tivoapp. So you need to do something like this:
    Code:
    cp tivoapp tivoapp.backup
    echo -ne "blahblahblah" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp.backup bs=1 seek=whatever
    mv tivoapp tivoapp.original
    mv tivoapp.backup tivoapp
    Then reboot.
    Yes, the new recordings were encrypted as well. Ran out of space, I will try this again after cleaning up some space on device. A couple of quick questions:

1. Do I have to apply superpatch for all and also Nocso patch?
    2. Is there any way to know which of the two tivoapp's I have on my device is the active one. I have one in /busybox and another one in /tvbin
    Last edited by abba; 09-11-2006 at 01:08 AM.

Superpatch does the nosco patch for you; that's all you should need to run. The one in /tvbin is the active one. I can't begin to guess why you are out of room, but if you've got copies of tivoapp in wacko places like busybox, then you've got some housecleaning to do.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

Okay. I untared unscramble.tar to get unscramble.o .
    Next, I ran the command insmod unscramble.o which was successful (no errors came up). I then proceed to play the first 10 seconds of video during tytools (ver 10.4) .ty file transfer.

Once transferred the file is still encrypted. I did the steps properly, right? What else can I do?

Quedawg

HR10-250 v6.3 - Disable Encryption

I successfully disabled tystream encryption on my HR10-250 prior to the 6.3 update. How to I re-disable it again in 6.3?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL2 View Post
    I successfully disabled tystream encryption on my HR10-250 prior to the 6.3 update. How to I re-disable it again in 6.3?
    nocso patch

6.3 Superpatch

Thanks for the tip. I've done alot more research and reading through forums today, and I'm not familiar enough with using a hex editor to figure this out yet. Is there a superpatch available for 6.3 that applies this?

echo -ne "\x3C\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=1602412

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL2 View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I've done alot more research and reading through forums today, and I'm not familiar enough with using a hex editor to figure this out yet. Is there a superpatch available for 6.3 that applies this?

There's no integrated superpatch yet. Look at the 6.x/HR10-250 collected info thread for the various patches that are available so far.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

7.3.1-oth-01-2-140

Anyone know the encryption disable code for 7.3.1-oth-01-2-140?

Red face

So I have a problem with my newly hacked DirecTiVo Hughes SD-DVR40 and the ty files I've pulled off of it. My adventure started with my boss telling me to find a way to easily create MPEGs of a broadcast for our archives using my own TiVo. This next led me to learning how to do several things.

I was able to upgrade the drive to a pair of Seagate 250 GB drives thus expanding the record capacity from 35hrs to 447hrs. Yeah I know, Nice. Made me feel really good to get that far. Next I used the PTVNet CD to enable the USB ports on the unit. Then I got TyTools to run and was able to get the ty files over to my PC. Man I thought I was cookin' with gas.

Now I cannot get any of the programs through the multiplex function to create MPEG's. Damn you god! I was so close!

It seems that programs recorded both before the upgrade and after have this problem and so now I am stuck. I found this thread here and feel a little dizzy. I really seems like there is no clear direction to go in. I am an assistant video editor by profession and am a wee bit out of my depth. It just seems that since I've gotten this far, I must be doing something right.

Can anyone help me sort this one out? I know I can FTP files to the TiVo but for some reason I've lost the thread of what to do. I have gotten confused by the different articles I've found on the subject and can not keep it all straight.

We need more information. What do you mean when you say you cannot multiplex to create MPEGs? If you're getting the "Failed to get first 10 chunks" (or whatever) error, it means everything is encrypted.

What version of the Tivo software are you running on your SD-DVR40?
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    We need more information. What do you mean when you say you cannot multiplex to create MPEGs? If you're getting the "Failed to get first 10 chunks" (or whatever) error, it means everything is encrypted.

What version of the Tivo software are you running on your SD-DVR40?
    Yes, I got the "Failed to get first 10 chunks" error and was assuming from the other posts I've found that this did indeed confirm that the programs were scrambled/encrypted. I believe the software version is 6.2, again making an assumption based on the info displayed in my TiVo's system info page accessed from the remote.

I have been thinking since I posted last that somewhere along the way I have made and assumption that may be wrong and that this is what is throwing me off the track.

Can you tell me if this is right: If I boot up my TiVo with my PC with the LBA48 cd I used to get a cmd prompt, that I had also previously used that same boot CD to successfully backup my factory TiVo 40GB drive, that I can use this very same disk to run the commands at the top of this thread? I'll copy it below.

I know this sounds a bit wonky, but is this assumption correct?
    WTTW Ken
    ==========
    "Make sure your root partition is writable. e.g.

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /Make a backup copy of /tvbin/tivoapp e.g.

Code:
    cp /tvbin/tivoapp /tvbin/tivoapp.origDo this number:

Code:
    cd /tvbin
    mv tivoapp tivoapp.tmp
    cp tivoapp.tmp tivoapp
    chmod 755 tivoapp

If you are an S2 user with Software Version 6.2, type this command:

Code:
    echo -ne "\x3C\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=10705308"