Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: How to disable tystream encryption to enable extraction

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    is jdiners software working as well?
    Yes it is - working fine. Not sure exactly what was corrupted. Since both TyTools and mfs_ftp were not working, I'm thinking it was something to do with the TiVo itself. The rebooting process probably did more than the reloading of the software. thanks for your help and patience.

That is good to hear...but, its a bit disturbing as to why this occured, and I can't see any possible reason whatsoever that this patch causes any corruption. Nevertheless, it would be interesting to hear from everybody who reported this problem to jdiner.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Question why not kmem?

Forgive the stupid question, but what would be the motivation to use this method over the kmem method? kmem is working great for me and I'm not sure I see an advantage?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulc123
    Forgive the stupid question, but what would be the motivation to use this method over the kmem method? kmem is working great for me and I'm not sure I see an advantage?

Thanks
    I had that description in the original post earlier, I seem to have deleted it on accident. It's fixed now anyways, see the original post.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    That is good to hear...but, its a bit disturbing as to why this occured, and I can't see any possible reason whatsoever that this patch causes any corruption. Nevertheless, it would be interesting to hear from everybody who reported this problem to jdiner.
    Taking you up on your offer, above. I have a slightly different problem than bfisher, and unlike he, a ground up reinstall of everything hasn't solved my issues--I don't know whether you have been reading/following the thread on Tytools 9r8 recently but my posts start here

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...&postcount=977

In my case rather than not seeing particular FSID's, Tytools stalls when I try to download, and when I tried it last night MFS_ftp causes a reboot after a TMK assertion error. So I obviously have something amiss on my SAT T-60

We know there's a programming issue with Tytools and DTivo's like mine that have a NowPlayingList with > 255 entries. All of this could be the 255 limit, but the thought was then raised that the Tivoapp patch may be playing some role.

I was able to extract programs previously using Tytools 9r3 and the unscramble.o module (used because all my content at the time had been recorded scrambled). Once I decided to start over with a clean slate and deleted all my recordings, I upgraded to Tytools 9r8 and applied the Tivoapp patches and cannot extract the Ty files either through Tytools or MFS_ftp. The cipher check script shows everything now in the DTivo is unscrambled so I know the shows are being recorded unscrambled.

My current plan is to take a machete to my nowplaying list and delete all the suggestions to get below the 255 limit, and as needed revert back to my original tivoapp, insmod the noscramble.o module this time (so the shows are recorded decrypted as opposed to unscramble.o that decrypts on extraction which wasn't a good fit with my wireless network), record something new and see if I can extract it.

I followed the instructions above for backing up Tivoapp, and I want to make sure that I've got this correct. My original unpatched version would be tivoapp.orig, and I replace the current tivoapp with patches with the original by the command mv tivoapp.org tivoapp. Then chmod 755 tivoapp and reboot. Is that correct?

And I did see the earlier posts between you and jdliner, where the Tivoapp patches should not work any differently than other decryption methods. But in the interests of getting to the bottom of this and getting my SAT T-60 working smoothly, I thought I would at least raise the issue again in this thread. If you have any alternate thoughts/or suggestions, they would be most welcome.

[B][U]UPDATE: It was the nowplaying list limit in Tytools--I cut my list from 317 down to 127, and Tytools had no problem handling a program that had been decrypted using the Tivoapp patch.
    Last edited by boxster99t; 03-09-2004 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxster99t
    [B][U]UPDATE: It was the nowplaying list limit in Tytools--I cut my list from 317 down to 127, and Tytools had no problem handling a program that had been decrypted using the Tivoapp patch.
    To be honest, I haven't see any indication anywhere whatsoever that this patch in itself would cause any problem, nor any symptom whatsoever that points specifically to this patch. In every single instance I have seen, the problem is specific to tytool or tserver.

In other words, tytool works off and on, which to me is very indicative of a bug on that side, whereas with everything else, it either works perfectly every time, or it doesn't work at all. In every single case that it hasn't worked, its because the patch wasn't applied properly, and after applying it properly, people have gotten everything else to work every time.

It's also worth noting that thus far every problem that has been causaly associated with this patch has been fixed by changing something in tytool/tserver, so again I have to reiterate, the nocso patch is not causing these problems.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 03-10-2004 at 01:08 AM.

oops, nevermind..wrong thread...

Question Relative newbie question

Hey everyone.

I have a Series 1 SATT60 DTivo. I am currently running tftp, bash, turbonet, and tivoweb. I installed both tystudio & tytool & can't get either to work right, presumably because I need to install the unscramble script. Is there a better how to for this than the one in the readme? Or can you provide the steps for me in detail?

Lou

Read the very first post in this thread.
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

What about S2 version 5.x?

Has anybody gotten tivoapp to work on an S2 version 5.1.x?

So far, i've gotten every piece working (mfs_ftp, tytools etc.) except the noscramble or any similar hacks.

Is anybody doing any research on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Felipeb
    Has anybody gotten tivoapp to work on an S2 version 5.1.x?

So far, i've gotten every piece working (mfs_ftp, tytools etc.) except the noscramble or any similar hacks.

Is anybody doing any research on this?
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...8&postcount=52

S2 version 5.x problems

Sleeper pointed me out to a thread that pretty much summarizes what I have read:

Some people have gotten tivoapp to work with S2 version 5.x, but that brings up other issues (can't record channel, channel not available, error #63 etc.) which brings me up to my original question: has anybody gotten an S2 version 5.1 to stop scrambling 'successfully' or is anybody looking at the tivoapp to help support 5.x versions?

Success "seek=6493084" with S2 Dtivo 3.1.1b-02-2-351

I didn't see any other posts about this patch and the S2 Dtivo running 3.1.1b-02-2-351 so I decided to post my results. I used Iago's code from this post, http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...3&page=2&pp=15

Thanks to AlphaWolf, Rubik for this great patch..

Test Drive H (kmem unscrambled)
    1. 100gb
    2. 3.1.1b-02-2-351 and Monte'd with Sleeper's script 1.2
    3. kmem enabled
    4. all scrambled shows

Test Drive G (Iago's echo code)

1. 120gb
    2. 3.1.1b-02-2-351 and Monte'd with Sleeper's script 1.2
    3. kmem NOT enabled (rem'd from .author)
    4. all shows scrambled (prior to echo code); shows are watchable after echo code and reboot

Tested on two seperate Hughes SD-DVR40 S2 Dtivos.

During initial test only one Dtivo (driveG) was patched with Iago's echo code (the other had kmem enabled). I was successfully able to mfs_ftp (tmf) a show (recorded after the echo patch) from the echo enabled Dtivo to the kmem Dtivo (driveH). This show was watchable during the ftp as well as after.

I have since removed kmem (commented out) from the .author of the second Dtivo (driveH) and applied Iago's echo code to it. Once again I was able to mfs_ftp a show from the driveH to driveG. The show was also watchable during ftp as well as after.

Unfortunately I still have a bunch (32gb) of shows that are scrambled and from what I have read here am SOL as far transfering until someone learns how to de-scramble S2 Dtivo shows.

Oh well at least I can transfer new recordings from here on out between Dtivo's.
    Last edited by tfranks; 04-02-2004 at 09:20 AM.
    S2 Dtivo SD-DVR40 294hr (220gb)
    S2 Dtivo SD-DVR40 104hr (120gb)
    Hacks: Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, FTP, TivoWebPlus, Unscrambled, mfs_ftp

Compatible with Todd Miller's LBA48 kernel?

I haven't seen any reference to this in this thread. Forgive me if it's been mentioned elsewhere.

I have a SAT-T60 running v3.1.0b with Todd Miller's LBA48 kernel for big disk support. The patch in this thread has been described as a "kernel patch". Does that imply potential conflict with the LBA48 kernel I've installed?

Thanks,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by jerrymc
    The patch in this thread has been described as a "kernel patch". Does that imply potential conflict with the LBA48 kernel I've installed?
    This is not a kernel patch. It is a "tivoapp" patch. The only way you would have a problem is if your kernel has a noscramble patch in it.