Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How to disable tystream encryption to enable extraction

showoff!

ronny

hi guys, I uploaded a small program in the experts forum called windows patcher. If someone could make a small patch file, it might be able to 'find' the patch location in other versions of tivoapp.

a hint: Don't just put the 4 bytes of the patch, include about 8 bytes after the patch which makes the signature about 12 bytes in total. Most likely 'that' section of code is identical between releases which means patcher.exe will find it, even if it has changed locations in the file.

Partial success "seek=6493084" with 3.1.1b-02-2-151

EDIT - THIS POST BECAME SUCCESSFUL AFTER GUIDANCE FROM RC3105 BELOW. DETAILS IN POST #29.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    Once you guys test these and verify that they work, post your results here and I will go ahead and add them to the first post.
    Thanks AlphaWolf, Rubik.

Tested on two separate drives on an HDVR2 (HDVR3)

Test DriveK (kmem unscrambled)
    1. 80gb
    2. 3.1.1b-02-2-151 and Monte'd - Sleeper's Script 1.1
    3. kmem enabled (kmem 800b23b4 00001021 in rc.sysinit.author)
    4. all unscrambled shows

Test DriveE (echo unscrambled)
    1. 120gb
    2. 3.1.1b-02-2-151 and Monte'd - Sleeper's Script 1.1
    3. kmem NOT enabled (kmem rem'd out of rc.sysinit.author)
    4. all scrambled shows (prior to echo - see code below); shows watchable after echo (and reboot)
    5. echo implemented (see code below)

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /tvbin
    cp tivoapp tivoapp.temp
    mv tivoapp tivoapp.orig
    cp tivoapp.orig tivoapp
    chmod 没 755 tivoapp
    echo -ne "\x3C\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=6493084
    rm tivoapp.temp
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Test recordings and transfers:

ShowA (Partial - 4 min, 28,315,648 bytes) recorded on DriveK, mfs_ftp'd (tmf) to DriveE
    - Watchable during ftp
    - Not Watchable after ftp complete - "Error playing a recording"
    - Not Watchable after ftp complete - "Error playing a recording" (second attempt without watching during ftp)

ShowB (Partial - 5 min, 58,724,252 bytes) recorded on DriveE, mfs_ftp'd (tmf) to DriveK
    - Watchable during ftp
    - Watchable after ftp complete

Re-read AlphaWolf's first post and ran CSOScout.tcl on DriveK.
    - located mfs_export in /var/mfs_ftp and cat in /bin (assumed correct locations due to Sleeper's Script)
    - paths are: PATH=/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/devbin
    - copied mfs_export to /bin
    - ran csoscout.tcl from /var/tmp received done
    - shows in Now Playing still playable
    - should nuke CSO from ShowA for transfer to DriveE???

Repeated mfs_ftp - ShowA (Partial - 4 min) recorded on DriveK mfs_ftp'd (tmf) to DriveE
    - Watchable during ftp (even after ftp completed and show still playing)
    - Not Watchable after ftp complete - "Error playing a recording"
    - Not Watchable after ftp complete - "Error playing a recording" (second attempt without watching during ftp)

Next Steps
    1. Create another test DriveE to run csoscout.tcl on after ShowA mfs_ftp'd (not ready to run csoscout.tcl over scrambled recordings I do not want to loose).
    2. Test transfer of ShowA and ShowB to a 4.0 test Drive on HDVR2.

Advice?
    Last edited by Iago; 01-12-2004 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Post became successful.
    One S2, TCD24004A - 4.0.1b - 120gb; one HDVR2 4.0 - 2x120gb
    Sleeper'd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble.
    One HDVR2 4.0.1b - 200gb (173 hours)
    KillHDinitrd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble; USB 2.0

Hmmm...I am not sure what to say here exactly. This is an untested patch, but based on your results it sounds like it works. Let me get the following strait:

You recorded an unscrambled 4 minute clip on tivo A
    You ran CSOScout.tcl on tivo A
    You used mfs_ftp to copy said 4 minute clip from tivo A to tivo B
    Said 4 minute clip does not play on tivo B?

Hmm....if you did it in that exact order, there shouldn't be a problem (it doesn't matter if you applied any kind of noscramble hacks to tivo B or not.) Tell you what, open up the TMF file with any program capable of reading .tar archives (winrar works,) extract the showing.xml file from it, and attach it here.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 01-11-2004 at 04:33 AM.
    Before PMing me: I知 not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

the reason the driveK kmem recording wouldn't play on the driveE patch box was that kmem doesn't eliminate CSO's, they're just ignored. when preserved in tmf & restored to a box that doesn't ignore them they're incorrect & won't work.

the xml included in a tmf is cached to /var/mfs_ftp/cache/recfsid.xml then included in the tmf during extraction - csoscout cleared the keys from mfs on drive k but not the cached xml, so the tmf still contained the keys. transfering as ty/ty+ will work (cso's aren't restored for ty/ty+ inserts) or tivoftp / telnet in & delete /var/mfs_ftp/cache, then re-transfer as tmf

csoscout across driveE should also work
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

Thanks AlphaWolf, RC3105,

RC3105,
    The file I transfered from DriveK to DriveE had the csoscout run on it before transfer. That should have eliminated the cso before placing it in DriveE and made it readable???

AlphaWolf,
    I will open the show on PC hard drive (Windows) with WinRar.

Will extract xml file and csoscout across copied driveE (still DD'ing from current DriveE) and post results in about fivehours.

Any other additional suggestions / tests I can perform that would also help this development?
    Last edited by Iago; 01-11-2004 at 02:41 PM.
    Sleeper'd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble.
    KillHDinitrd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble; USB 2.0

The file I transfered from DriveK to DriveE had the csoscout run on it before transfer. That should have eliminated the cso before placing it in DriveE and made it readable???
    Iago: Reread rc3105's response. After running the csoscout script, you need to nuke the mfs_ftp cache, so it can reread the zeroed-out CSO entries.

AlphaWolf: you may want to add that step to your instructions. And many MANY thanks to you and our anonymous benefactor for a workable way of handling scrambled + nonscrambled shows intelligently.
    Last edited by BTUx9; 01-11-2004 at 03:22 PM.

I think I am using an obsolete version of mfs_ftp, but that aside...

Riley: what are the complete steps everybody should take to clear the mfs_ftp cache when applying this patch?
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 01-11-2004 at 06:30 PM.
    Before PMing me: I知 not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

I think I am using an obsolete version of mfs_ftp, but that aside...

Riley: what are the complete steps everybody should take to clear the mfs_ftp cache when applying this patch?
    csoscout needs to delete /var/mfs_ftp/cache/recfsid.xml at the same time it removes the cso's from mfs

course, that opens the pandora's box of folks running mfs_ftp from alternate locations...
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    csoscout needs to delete /var/mfs_ftp/cache/recfsid.xml at the same time it removes the cso's from mfs

course, that opens the pandora's box of folks running mfs_ftp from alternate locations...
    Well, I don't think that is a task that csoscout should be performing...(its not quite within its scope, but not only that, mixing bash into TCL is a bit messy)

How does this fit your fancy though?

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

mfs_ftp=`find / -name mfs_ftp`
    rm `find $mfs_ftp/cache/ -name *.xml`
    Of course, that doesn't work if you don't have a "find" binary. Because of this dependency, I am not going to post any scripts or anything to the main thread since, in most situations, it wont work. However, if you post an explanation for clearing the XML cache in the mfs_ftp thread, what I will do is make the main thread note it and point to your specific post there. For now, the main thread merely gives an example for clearing the XML cache.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 01-12-2004 at 03:07 AM.

mfs_ftp was here first! :p

that'll delete all the xml, which will cause other problems

running csoscout after an insert or inserting as ty/ty+ will work with the new tivoapp patch, the caching will be updated to support csoscout, the patch & a few other things in v 1.3 (due sometime in octember, or was it floopuary?)
    ---

Hmm...the problem though, is that I can't impliment that cleanly. In order to do so, I would have to write my own version of 'find' entirely in TCL.

or you could open find as a pipeline from tcl
    ---

Success "seek=6493084" with 3.1.1b-02-2-151

Hmmm... based on your results it sounds like it works. Tell you what, open up the TMF file with any program capable of reading .tar archives (winrar works,) extract the showing.xml file from it, and attach it here.
    Sorry for delay, I had trouble with access to the forum yesterday.

I opened the xml in the TMF and the CSO was still there. I did not attach the xml file (still can if you still want it). After deleting the cache files: /var/mfs_ftp/cache as rc3105 instructed (I deleted all of them) the tmf file did not carry over the CSOs in the xml.

Successfully transferred files between two different HDVR2s - 3.1.1b-02-2-151. Also between an unscrambled kmem drive and drive unscrambled with this threads instructions (echo and deleting cache files).

This appears a success. I will edit my above post. Please add 3.1.1b-02-2-151 to the first post.

I am using:
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /tvbin
    cp tivoapp tivoapp.temp
    mv tivoapp tivoapp.orig
    cp tivoapp.orig tivoapp
    chmod 没 755 tivoapp

#Edit the #'s below for your unit
    # S2 3.1.1b:
    echo -ne "\x3C\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=6493084
    # S2 4.0 ONLY (not 4.0.1): 
    #echo -ne "\x3c\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=8593192
    # S2 4.0.1 ONLY (not 4.0): 
    #echo -ne "\x3c\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=8618248

rm tivoapp.temp
    mount -o remount,ro /
    I will work on a 4.0 transfer test next, but cannot imagine obstacles.

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    or you could open find as a pipeline from tcl
    That wont do any good without a find binary though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    This appears a success. I will edit my above post. Please add 3.1.1b-02-2-151 to the first post.
    Done and done.