Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: How to disable tystream encryption to enable extraction

Quote Originally Posted by Narf54321
    ...you'll need to figure out the new addresses/locations and hex-patch them.
    That sounds like black magic to me. How would one go about doing this?

Would some kind guru please post the new code to disable scrambling on series 1 Dtivos with the new 3.5-01-1-011 software installed? It would be so appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by paleGreen1
    Would some kind guru please post the new code to disable scrambling on series 1 Dtivos with the new 3.5-01-1-011 software installed? It would be so appreciated!
    You should follow the 3.5 upgrade thread. The information you want is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    Thanks for that. I dunno what it is aboot my inability to search this forum. The software revision is mentioned like 3 times in that thread, and I got zero hits for it this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    Thank you for that link! It's really amazing how fast some very smart people figure this stuff out. Thank you!

Since I just learned about Tivo hacking a few weeks ago, I guess you could consider me a newb. But within a few hours of taking apart my Tivo and burning the PTVUpgrade CD, I had my Hughes SD-DVR40 Tivo (6.2 software) upgraded to a 120gig drive and networked on my home lan. All recordings since I hacked the drive are playable on my PC and can be converted to MPG using TyTools. However, I have 50+ shows recorded BEFORE I hacked the drive that I'd like to recover. I read this entire thread and still don't know how to do this. I tried using the one byte hack referred to in the beginning of this thread, but it made no difference.

Here's what I've done to create my current hacked Tivo drive:

1) Purchased PTVupgrade ISO and burned to bootable CD.

2) Connected original Tivo drive and new 120gig Seagate drive to my PC.

3) Used MFSTools from the PTVupgrade CD to copy all of the old drive contents to the new drive, including 50+ pre-recorded shows that I did NOT want to lose.

4) Re-booted the PC to run the PTVupgrade script and applied all the flag changes.

5) Followed this thread's instructions on setting up Tivo for extraction (which disables future encryption of recordings): <a href="http://www.dvrplayground.com/forum/thread/12063/?page=1">http://www.dvrplayground.com/forum/th...</a>

6) Installed new drive in Tivo unit, replacing the old one.

7) Powered up Tivo and sat through it's setup process (acquiring satellites, etc.).

8) Installed TyTools, Putty, and FTP on my main PC.

Can anyone provide some suggestions on how to unscramble the pre-hacked shows on my Tivo drive? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by stlouisrod
    Can anyone provide some suggestions on how to unscramble the pre-hacked shows on my Tivo drive? TIA.
    Have you tried using the unscramble.o module listed in one of the few couple of posts from this thread? You can insert (run) it on your tivo and "prime" the shows by watching the first few seconds of them. Then use TyTool to extract them out. This is what I did on my S1 DTivo until I had no shows left on my tivo that were encrypted.

Edit: This post should help you out.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; 05-11-2006 at 12:37 AM.

Nonono, he mentioned 6.2, which means Series2, which means forget unscramble.o.

Stlouisrod, look for the S2_Unscramble thread. That's what you need.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    Nonono, he mentioned 6.2, which means Series2, which means forget unscramble.o.

Stlouisrod, look for the S2_Unscramble thread. That's what you need.
    You are correct cheer. I missed that part of the message but had a feeling he may be running a S2 unit, which is why I referenced that I used the unscramble.o on my S1. Either way, the URL I posted mentions both but thanks again for the correction.

Here is the thread for S2 unscramble. It's much more complicated than with a S1 and the unscramble.o module.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=39207

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    Have you tried using the unscramble.o module listed in one of the few couple of posts from this thread? You can insert (run) it on your tivo and "prime" the shows by watching the first few seconds of them. Then use TyTool to extract them out. This is what I did on my S1 DTivo until I had no shows left on my tivo that were encrypted.

Edit: This post should help you out.
    I don't think that unscramble.o will work with the new kernel for S1 units. Sounds like if you have a S2 you old recordings are recoverable. I think S1 folks using unscramble.o prior to new SW are hosed.

Quote Originally Posted by bill81
    I don't think that unscramble.o will work with the new kernel for S1 units. Sounds like if you have a S2 you old recordings are recoverable. I think S1 folks using unscramble.o prior to new SW are hosed.
    Hey Bill-

I'm kind of in the same boat, but my S1 is a Sony SAT-T60. Did you ever get this figured out?

David

No I have not been able to figure it out.

It's just a matter of somebody updating the module for the latest kernel version.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I had indeed read over the thread provided by Tech Farmer, and being a newb at this, I got confused and did not proceed.

I've downloaded the S2_Unscramble and S2_Unscramble_Kernels from the thread, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

There are mentions of using killhdinit and monte to hack the Tivo kernels, but I'm not familiar with either of these procedures. I will research them more on this site, but any step-by-step guide would be greatly appreciated. I'd hate to ruin the hacked drive I just created that's working fine for all but pre-hack recordings.

And I'm still not sure if I can use either MSF_FTP or TyTools to extract the recordings (once I've hacked the kernel and pre-played each recording). I've been using TyTools to extract and convert post-hack recordings just fine, so I'd like to stick with it if possible.

Thanks again.

No step-by-step guide. Reason is, you really need to understand monte and the whole process, or you will have problems and be unable to sort them out.

I will tell you that once you get the S2_Unscramble kernel working, you can just play each video for a couple of seconds and then use the modified tserver with TyTool to extract.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.