Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: How to disable tystream encryption to enable extraction

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    It's just a matter of somebody updating the module for the latest kernel version.
    Can someone explain what goes wrong if you try to use the standard unscramble.o with 3.5? The "linux kernel version" hasn't changed and only a minor change to export an extra symbol was required to get Todd's 3.1 lba48 kernel to work with 3.5.

On my S1 Directivo (Philips DSR6000R) with Turbonet card, I can load unscramble.o using the "insmod unscramble.o" command from a telnet prompt. The system does not give any errors. I then prime the shows (10 secinds each) and download using tyserver. The extracted shows are still scrambled. I have applied the kernel mod to prevent scrambling of future recordings and these are indeed unscrambled when extracted.

conflicting results from CipherCheck.tcl

I have a Hughes S1 w/TuroboNet and 3.5

I disabled encryption using the instructions for 3.1.0c2 at the begining of this thread and assumed it would work based on pacman2000's coment that his current recordings are unencrypted. The results from CipherCheck says that Encryption is disabled but all the recordings after the patch are still listed as encrypted and are actually encrypted because I can't do anything with TyTools with them.

Here is the output from CipherCheck.tcl :

bash-2.02# tivosh /var/hack/ciphercheck.tcl
    CipherCheck.tcl by AlphaWolf_HK

TyStream encryption is currently disabled.

Here is the status of your current recordings:

Encrypted CSO Set Stream Name
    --------- ------- ------------------------------------------
    Yes Yes Bad Santa
    Yes Yes The Simpsons
    Yes Yes Designing Legends
    Yes Yes History's Lost & Found

The first two recordings, Bad Santa and The Simpsons were recorded after the patch and after a system reboot.

Anyone have any ideas what to try next ?

Correct offset for S1 DTivos

I have found the correct offset for the patch at another site. For you S1 DTivos running 3.5 use this:

echo -ne "\x48\x00\x00\x38" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=5108848

I am now recording unscrabled but still having problems getting unscramble.o to allow playback of older scrambled recordings.

I'll post any new info incase others are having the same problem.

pacman200, hpb

Until someone figures out how to get unscramble.o to work with the new software I think people with S1 DTivos are screwed if they used unscramble.o with the previous software version.

I should have applied the offset a long time ago under the old software. Now I have some recordings that I want to transfer...

I don't know how to cross compile a kernel module I have asked for advice / help, http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=49538.

I have some linux background and have a knoppix CD, but I think the process is a little involved otherwise someone else would have done it already.

Bill

I don't have a S2 -- It's an S1 DTivo. No monte needed here.

Kernel is patched to disable scrambling for future recordings. The unscramble.o module just doesn't work after the recently released 3.5 software.

err

oops wrong thread -- couldnt delete this -
    Last edited by maxtivo; 06-12-2006 at 07:20 PM.

20 recovering from 3.5

Hi, is there any way to reindex my shows? I stopped the 3.5 upgrade and still have some working shows but most of them say 'no video signal' presumably this is because 1 show was recorded when it was in antiLBA mode (after taking the upgrade) which may have corrupted something.

Can I reindex my shows to restore it? or Is this a scramble issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newbr
    Hi, is there any way to reindex my shows? I stopped the 3.5 upgrade and still have some working shows but most of them say 'no video signal' presumably this is because 1 show was recorded when it was in antiLBA mode (after taking the upgrade) which may have corrupted something.

Can I reindex my shows to restore it? or Is this a scramble issue?
    This isn't an indexing or scrambling issue. It's a file system corruption issue. While you were running with a non-lba48-aware kernel, data was written to the wrong places on your disk overwriting your old shows and other mfs data. If you are lucky, you can just delete the corrupted shows, maybe run an mfscheck, and move on. The safest thing to do is to start over with a fresh uncorrupted image.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    This isn't an indexing or scrambling issue. It's a file system corruption issue. While you were running with a non-lba48-aware kernel, data was written to the wrong places on your disk overwriting your old shows and other mfs data. If you are lucky, you can just delete the corrupted shows, maybe run an mfscheck, and move on. The safest thing to do is to start over with a fresh uncorrupted image.
    so keep deleting corrupted shows 1st, then run an mfscheck? presumably using mfs_ftp is out of the question as well?

Quote Originally Posted by newbr
    so keep deleting corrupted shows 1st, then run an mfscheck? presumably using mfs_ftp is out of the question as well?
    If it were me, I'd start over with a known uncorrupted image. I'm not sure what you think mfs_ftp would buy you.

what does mfscheck do ?

I can't find the S2 Binaries. The link in this forum doesn't work for s2bins.tar. Can someone point me to the correct link?

gt

I had a hard time finding this posted anywhere. For 7.3.1-oth-01-2-264, to disable encryption:

Code:
    echo -ne "\x3c\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp.mod bs=1 seek=1462588

unscramble.tar. . .Not an EFT file?

Alpha,
    After I go through your steps to disable encryption, I can't follow your next step for Series 1 units (I have a Hughes GXCEBOTD). That step is to download and transfer via binary unscramble.tar. I'm getting "Not an EFT file" error when I try to run Insmod unscramble.tar

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Quedawg; 09-08-2006 at 04:56 PM.