Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: How to disable tystream encryption to enable extraction

Quote Originally Posted by stevel
    Well, I also used Keegan's CD and haven't had these problems. I'm guessing you have something fundamentally wrong with the software setup. You may want to try starting over from Keegan's CD and making sure the basic stuff (such as vi and less) work properly. Then progress to the more advanced stuff.
    The only reason I have not done that yet is that I am also running cache card, and I'm a little wary of messing things up. I've never had a working "on TiVo" editor, so I never modified the "hacks_callfromrc.sysinit" (or edit rc.sysinit to call the script) so I'm kind of in a Cath-22 situation with the Keegan stuff. If someone can assure me that re-applying the tarballs from the book I will do so.... I just don't want to end up in a place where I need to restore my HD because frankly I don't have the time to pull it apart and reload it. If it means pulling the hard drives to re-apply (and edit) the files unfortunately that's going to have to wait.... but TiVoWeb "is the bizomb..."
    Quote Originally Posted by stevel
    I never got the CSO TCL script to work but stopped trying when I had success in extraction/insertion. I'm using DSR6000s - what TiVo type do you have?
    Mine's a Hughes GXEBOTD. Stock primary drive, Maxtor 120 second. Cache card in aboot 6 weeks now.

Don
    Last edited by vancod; 02-16-2004 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vancod
    blah blah blah
    Well, I went in and poked around a bit and was able to get things from the Keegan CD working on my DTiVo (set some things in .bashrc) I have edited a few things so it looks like it was all just pathing as I expected.

I tried to execute the script CSO script by evoking a tivosh and pasting the syntax in from another telnet session. The results was better, but I still have no idea if it's functioning - it looks like it does _something_ - but I'm not getting any kind of list of streams - it just looks like it's telling me expected syntax or something:

=[tivo:root]-# tivosh ./csoscout.tcl
    Cleaning CSO keys for nonencrypted streams..mfs_export inputfile [outputfile]
    input source is one of the following:
    NNNN[,NNN] means the fsids on MFS with those numbers
    anything else means a Unix filename

output source is one of the following:
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:name means a file to a tyserver
    anything else means to a Unix filename

while executing
    "exec mfs_export -c 4 [dbobj $part get File] /tmp/scrambletest"
    ("foreach" body line 5)
    invoked from within
    "foreach part $parts {

if { [dbobj $part get CommercialSkipOffset] == "" } { continue }

exec mfs_export -c 4 [dbobj $part get..."
    ("uplevel" body line 15)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Recording/NowShowingByClassic" "" {

itrans start

set obj [db $db openidconstruction $fsid]

puts..."
    (file "./csoscout.tcl" line 51)
    aborting open transaction ...

Am I a complete dolt? Am I supposed to use this tool on each stream or set of MFS files that make a stream? Am I supposed to be executing this frm a particular location? mfs_ftp is in

....wait.... epiphany.....

<type><type> <find>

Doh! 2 copies of mfs_export on my system - one from Keegan in /var/hack/bin, one from the mfs_ftp package in /var/mfs_ftp!
    move off keegan version
    sym-link mfs_export version
    Enjoy the creamy goodness:
    =[tivo:root]-# which mfs_export
    /var/hack/bin/mfs_export
    =[tivo:root]-# !tivosh
    tivosh ./csoscout.tcl
    Cleaning CSO keys for nonencrypted streams...........................................
    Done!

Now to try and grab a stream....... I feel like such a DuMass

Don

Edit: 12:18AM EST
    After inserting unscramble.o and doing the usual routine my pre-hack streams are now "exportable" to DVD. However, I am now unable to rmmod unscramble as discussed here earlier in the thread. No big whoop. Thanks for the prodding folks!
    D
    Last edited by vancod; 02-17-2004 at 01:15 AM.

Hate to ask this... but how do I remove this patch? I'm having problems copying some shows via TyTools, and jdiner believes this patch might be the culprit, so I'd like to remove it to be sure.

In case you are curious, the problem I'm having is with some multi-FSID programs. It has a problem "finding" one of the FSIDs. If I download them seperately and combine them, then TyTools crashes when I try to edit them. EDIT: the patch appears to have worked properly because I can download many shows without a problem. It's maybe 1 out of 10 that has a problem.

I did follow the backup process of tivoapp (in post 1) but want to verify the correct way to go back to original state before I screw something up.

thanks
    Last edited by bfisher; 02-28-2004 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher
    Hate to ask this... but how do I remove this patch? I'm having problems copying some shows via TyTools, and jdiner believes this patch might be the culprit, so I'd like to remove it to be sure.

In case you are curious, the problem I'm having is with some multi-FSID programs. It has a problem "finding" one of the FSIDs.
    The possibility of that is nil. This patch gives you exactly the same end result as any other noscramble method, the only difference here is the method is much cleaner. If it couldn't "find" the FSID, then that is going to be a problem with your tivos database, which this patch has no direct impact on. The only impact it has is that no CSO value is set, hence a key of zero is stored in the database. This happens to be exactly how pre-scrambling SA tivos work.

If you want to unpatch it anyways though, just replace the patched binary with the original one and reboot.
    Before PMing me: I知 not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    The possibility of that is nil. This patch gives you exactly the same end result as any other noscramble method, the only difference here is the method is much cleaner. If it couldn't "find" the FSID, then that is going to be a problem with your tivos database, which this patch has no direct impact on. The only impact it has is that no CSO value is set, hence a key of zero is stored in the database. This happens to be exactly how pre-scrambling SA tivos work.
    Thanks AlphaWolf. Your response brings up plenty of other questions for me though... It's weird that I can download each FSID individually, just not all together. I'll see if JDiner has any other thoughts - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher
    Thanks AlphaWolf. Your response brings up plenty of other questions for me though... It's weird that I can download each FSID individually, just not all together. I'll see if JDiner has any other thoughts - thanks
    There are about a hundred and one reasons (to include what you just mentioned above) that I could think of as to why this bug solely exists in jdiners software. I think the first step towards diagnosing this would be to try using mfs_ftp to download the tystream instead, and just to make sure the stream works, try playing the tystream itself with something that supports raw tystream playback (e.g. mplayer.) or try throwing that stream strait into tydemux/vsplit (whichever you prefer)
    Before PMing me: I知 not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

There are about a hundred and one reasons (to include what you just mentioned above) that I could think of as to why this bug solely exists in jdiners software. I think the first step towards diagnosing this would be to try using mfs_ftp to download the tystream instead.
    Yep, I just tried mfs_ftp and it had the same problem on the same video file. I'm not sure what else to do...

What kind of errors are you receiving exactly? (check the mfs_ftp logs) I am interested in seeing what the cause of this is.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 02-28-2004 at 07:47 PM.

What kind of errors are you receiving exactly? (check the mfs_ftp logs) I am interested in seeing what the cause of this is.
    hmmm.... I guess I don't know how to read the log file because I can't find anything that makes any sense. I don't see where it states the FSID number or program name to download or anything like it to paste here.

What is happening is that it downloads the first FSID and then stops. In windows explorer, it shows up as 524,288kb. It does not work properly if I try to play the video file (I assume because it's missing the other 2/3 of the program).

FYI - Its a DTivo S1.

I haven't used tytools in a few years, but my assumption is that it still uses nowshowing.tcl? If so, run that by itself and then paste the XML portion that is relavent only for this specific stream here, and the logs for tytool both for when you extract the entire stream, and when you extract just parts of the stream at a time.

BTW, what stream size does mfs_ftp report, and what happens when it errors out?

I've been using this patch longer than anybody on my S1 dtivo, haven't seen this issue show up once, and I always play these streams from my xbox.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 02-28-2004 at 08:52 PM.

I haven't used tytools in a few years, but my assumption is that it still uses nowshowing.tcl? If so, run that by itself and then paste the XML portion that is relavent only for this specific stream here, and the logs for tytool both for when you extract the entire stream, and when you extract just parts of the stream at a time.

BTW, what stream size does mfs_ftp report, and what happens when it errors out?

I've been using this patch longer than anybody on my S1 dtivo, haven't seen this issue show up once, and I always play these streams from my xbox.
    from NowShowing.tcl:
    <Title>:<Auto Racing><Day>:<Sat><Date>:<2/28><Year>:<2/28/04><Station>:<SPD><EpisodeTitle>:<Michelin Race of Champions: Canary Islands><FSID>:<3414512/11><TyStream>:</3418208/3418213/3418218><TotalSize>:<1429>

From TyTool (telnet window) trying to download the total episode:
    TiVo:./tserver_mfs7 &
    [1] 7234
    TiVooing the Lowest PriorityFix...
    Priority set...
    Waiting for an incomming connection!
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'TYSTRM2 192.168.0.100 4681 3418208/3418213/3418
    218'
    -> '3418208'
    exporting fsid 3418208 of size 536870912 to stdout
    -> '3418213'
    ERROR: Didn't find fsid=3418213!

From TyTool (telnet window) downloading by parts:
    TiVo:./tserver_mfs7 &
    [1] 7304
    TiVooing the Lowest PriorityFix...
    Priority set...
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'TYSTRM2 192.168.0.100 4685 3418208'
    -> '3418208'
    exporting fsid 3418208 of size 536870912 to stdout
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'TYSTRM2 192.168.0.100 4689 3418213'
    -> '3418213'
    exporting fsid 3418213 of size 536870912 to stdout
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'TYSTRM2 192.168.0.100 4700 3418218'
    -> '3418218'
    exporting fsid 3418218 of size 424673280 to stdout

This gives me 3 .ty files. The interesting thing is that the first file won't play, the second one does, and the third one won't play. If I combine these (using copy /b) it does not play.

mfs_ftp shows the file as 1,463,296 kb.

Does this help shine some light on the problem? Anything else I can tell you? Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by bfisher; 02-28-2004 at 09:39 PM.

the log file from mfs_ftp is pretty long. I am using ws_ftp pro on XP

Starting request
    REST 1024
    350 Restart okay, awaiting file request.
    REST 0
    TYPE I
    200 Type set to I
    PASV
    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,130,12,32).
    connecting data channel to 192.168.0.130:3104
    data channel connected to 192.168.0.130:3104
    RETR {Auto Racing}{2004-02-15}{Michelin Race of Champions Canary Islands}{01.00 AM Sat Feb 28, 2004}{SPD}.ty
    150 About to open data connection.
    transferred 536870912 bytes in 349.493 seconds, 12001.126 Kbps ( 1500.141 KBps), transfer succeeded.

It appears that the connection is dead. Attempting reconnect...
    Connecting to 192.168.0.130:3105
    Connected to 192.168.0.130:3105, Waiting for Server Response
    220 Mfs_Ftp ver 1.2.9p - {sock22} from "192.168.0.100:4727"
    Host type (1): Automatic detect
    USER anonymous
    331 User name okay, need password.
    PASS (hidden)
    230 Running in TiVo Mode.
    SYST
    215 UNIX
    Host type (2): UNIX (standard)
    PWD
    257 "/" is current directory.
    CWD ty
    250 Directory change successful.
    New connection OK. Reissuing command.
    TYPE I
    200 Type set to I
    PASV
    REST 536870912
    RETR {Auto Racing}{2004-02-15}{Michelin Race of Champions Canary Islands}{01.00 AM Sat Feb 28, 2004}{SPD}.ty
    transferred 0 bytes in 0.581 seconds, 0.000 bps ( 0.000 Bps), transfer succeeded.

PASV
    No socket
    PORT 0,0,0,0,18,121
    connection aborted; the operation was canceled.
    Port failed
    Connected to 192.168.0.130:3105 in 0.020, Waiting for Server Response
    220 Mfs_Ftp ver 1.2.9p - {sock22} from "192.168.0.100:4730"
    USER anonymous
    PASS (hidden)
    SYST
    215 UNIX
    PWD
    CWD ty
    TYPE I
    200 Type set to I
    PASV
    transferred 0 bytes in 0.340 seconds, 0.000 bps ( 0.000 Bps), transfer succeeded.

PASV
    No socket
    PORT 192,168,0,100,18,124
    connection aborted; the operation was canceled.
    Port failed
    Connected to 192.168.0.130:3105 in 0.020, Waiting for Server Response
    220 Mfs_Ftp ver 1.2.9p - {sock22} from "192.168.0.100:4733"
    USER anonymous
    PASS (hidden)
    SYST
    215 UNIX
    PWD
    CWD ty
    TYPE I
    200 Type set to I
    PASV
    transferred 0 bytes in 0.391 seconds, 0.000 bps ( 0.000 Bps), transfer succeeded.

Transfer request completed with status: Failed, 1 SubItem(s) failed

Hmm...that is extremly odd (and still no connection with this patch whatsoever)...Ok, lets try a few more things, first, run the ciphercheck.tcl script and paste what information it gives for this specific stream only, and second, attach your entire mfs_ftp log here. (should be able to just download /var/mfs_ftp/log from your tivo)

Also, do you have a hex editor? If so, can you dump the first 32 bytes of the tystream part here?

EDIT: Actually, give me a dump of the first 32 bytes of all 3 streams if you can.

EDIT2: Based on what you have posted above with mfs_ftp, I am inclined to believe that your copy of mfs_ftp is either a) misconfigured or b) broken. Try removing it completely, and download and install the latest version, run it, and use smartftp as your client, and download a known good stream from your tivo with it, and then download this tricked stream to see if it works.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 02-28-2004 at 10:45 PM.

Your post "inspired" me to do a clean reinstall of almost everything. After rebooting and reinstalling my files - everything appears to be working ok. I was able to extract 10 shows - including the ones giving me fits earlier tonight. Thanks for your help!

is jdiners software working as well?