Thread: Sony T-60 ****y video and reboot loop

Sony T-60 ****y video and reboot loop

My directivo after booting and finishing the sat download will play video normally for about 10 seconds, then the video and audio becomes jery and then the audio will disapear. After 2 - 5 mins.. it will reboot. It does this in a loop. Its been doing this for a day now, and initially i went to setup and found that the temp was at 60 degrees, where upon i noticed the fan was unpluged (i leave the cover off.. and prolly didn't plug the fan back in after the last time i pulled a driive). My guess is that one or both of the hard drives is hosed. Does anyone else have more insight?
    Tomorrow is a whole new day!

run diagnostics on the drives. usually you can recover from that if the unit still functions. make sure its not your card doing it. If you had the cover off it probably helped alot in ventilation of the heat, it may be ok, just check the drives with the utility offered by the manufacturer, I've seen nothing happen with these incidents..

Turns out my second non original drive failed the diagnostic test.
    Tomorrow is a whole new day!

Quote Originally Posted by hermanator
    Turns out my second non original drive failed the diagnostic test.
    My (T-60) was rebooting every 15-30 minutes. Both drives pass Maxtor diagnostics (although one drive was recognized by BIOS but not by Powermax diagnostics unless the jumper was changed to primary).

Tivo has been working fine for over a month with my original (backup) 40 Gig drive.

I checked the cable connections twice.
    Any suggestions for a better diagnostic program so I can figure out which drive to replace.

Not good going from 200 Gig to 40 Gig.

I see alot of drives pass the full scan test and fail the full low level. Doing both tests is the only way to be pretty sure they're OK. I have a couple that pass everything and are still shot. Thats when you gotta make stuff happen to the HD on your own or dump the drive

Quote Originally Posted by GREEK
    I see alot of drives pass the full scan test and fail the full low level. Doing both tests is the only way to be pretty sure they're OK. I have a couple that pass everything and are still shot. Thats when you gotta make stuff happen to the HD on your own or dump the drive
    The problem is I'm not 100% sure which drive is bad. I was hoping for a better diagnostic program. I did the quick and full test. Would prefer to avoid a destructive test.

Was thinking of just repeating the full test and hoping it will fail after a few attempts.

teh burn in test is better than full scan usually............