No Signal on Hughes GXCEBOT
I have a Hughes GXCEBOT. It was working with 252xtreme except for locals, so I decided to start over with 25xtreme and then do the xupgrade. I followed the following steps:
1. reloaded 25xtreme
2. rebooted the tivo until it reached downloading guide data
3. pulled the drive and ran xupgrade
4. rebooted the tivo
Now, it does not receive a signal on any transponders of either tuner. It stays at 0% when downloading guide data. I have tested the tuners with a volt meter. Both tuners are sending a 13-14 volt signal when the DTivo is powered on. I know the dish is set-up correctly because I get a signal on my other DTivo (I have a 3x4 multiswitch with 2 signals going to a T60 and 2 signals going to the GXCEBOT).
Are there any suggestions to help me determine if the tuners are fried. I hope not because they were working prior to pulling the drive and reloading 25xtreme.
Any help is most appreciated.
stick your voltmeter by the power supply ribbon (white, says parlex) and test the 2nd and third caps down on the left side. The board #s are C256 and C259 in the block or caps. You should have 30v, you probably have less than a volt. Its a pretty easy fix.........
Correct as always! I am seeing about 2 Volts when I test the 2nd and third caps down on the left side. Now, what do I need to do to fix it?
I restarted the DTivo after checking the cable. I am still only getting about 2 volts, but it appears to be downloading data, up to 72% right now. It did not reach 100% and told me there was a problem.
Now when I check the transponders, I get an intermittent signal.
Thaks in advance!
Originally Posted by GREEK
Last edited by lonaman; 01-20-2004 at 09:29 PM.
usually you'll get some guide data, and the first couple transponders if you have 2 volts. Less gets xponder1 or none, higher voltage gets more. If the signal is coming in and out, you can cold spray the board and see if it is heat related, or try finding the ground. The schematics have the whole 30v line mapped out, usually its shorted very close to tuner #1's 30v input............
I replaced the parlax cable. Still getting 0% on last step and about 4-5 V when testing the 2nd and third caps down on the left side. What should I do next?
I dont think you followed my responce. When I said parlex cable, I was just referencing it so you knew which block of capacitors I was speaking of. The parlex has nothing to do with this issue. You definitely have a bad cap, you have to find which one it is and replace it. 3 ways to do this. 1 is to pin out each cap along the line and see which is the likely culprit. 2 is to start removing caps until the line frees up, and then replace the last cap and go backwards installing the removed ones. 3 is to just pull the one that is most likely the culprit, closest to tuner1 There is another way, but you dont have the tools (I think) and I'd have to type a book to detail it..............
Make sure your power supply has not dropped the 30v line to the motherboard. I had a unit just like this that I sent to ccs and it came back with a jumper wire solderd from the powersupply directly to the parlex connector of the motherboard. (paid $130 for a 2 cent fix. OUCH!) If this is the case I'm sure greek could let you know were to solder the wire from/to.
Originally Posted by Loopie111
Material : $0.2
Knowing what to fix : $129.98
you dont get BS from cali