Thread: TivoStuff.com

TivoStuff.com

Site is down because I cannot pay it.

If you want it back Paypal to webmaster@tivostuff.com

I need $99 to get it back up.

Dennis
    Where'd Tivostuff.com go anyway?

Thumbs up tivostuff.com

Guys, think of all the hacks you have enjoyed fron Dennis's site drop him a few bucks.
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Quote Originally Posted by tytyty
    Guys, think of all the hacks you have enjoyed fron Dennis's site drop him a few bucks.
    Amazing isn't it, that in the past few months it's gotten so expensive to run a Tivo site, yet there has not been a proportionate increase in the number of new hacks released.

I'd almost have to wonder if a certain group of users isn't pulling its weight. Any ideas what group that might be?

dsboyce: Why don't you auction off a CD of backup images every month to pay the bills?

Quote Originally Posted by David Bought
    Amazing isn't it, that in the past few months it's gotten so expensive to run a Tivo site, yet there has not been a proportionate increase in the number of new hacks released.

I'd almost have to wonder if a certain group of users isn't pulling its weight. Any ideas what group that might be?

dsboyce: Why don't you auction off a CD of backup images every month to pay the bills?

Did somebody leave a window open? I smell something.

yet there has not been a proportionate increase in the number of new hacks released.
    Well whatcha waitin' on, Bubba? Get crackin' 'n start hackin'! You're one of the supposed developers so get to developin' instead of shovelin'!

Dennis, you got a PayPal contribution. Keep the site goin' buddy.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    Well whatcha waitin' on, Bubba? Get crackin' 'n start hackin'!
    NO BEGGING WILL BE TOLERATED HERE. I will release my hacks IF and WHEN I feel the community has earned them, and not a moment sooner.

please remove mfs_ftp from tivostuff.com

please remove sleepers iso as long as it contains mfs_ftp

please verify that mfs_ftp hasn't been included in anyone else's howto / guide / iso / zip

(I get annoyed when folks ask for donations to host sw I've posted for free, other than that, cool site)
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

Site is back up.

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    please remove mfs_ftp from tivostuff.com

please remove sleepers iso as long as it contains mfs_ftp

please verify that mfs_ftp hasn't been included in anyone else's howto / guide / iso / zip

(I get annoyed when folks ask for donations to host sw I've posted for free, other than that, cool site)
    Software removed...

Sleeper - If you want tivoscripts included for download, please upload a copy without rc3105's code

rc3105 - I don't know of any other files that include your code, but if you notice any, let me know and I will remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    Doesn't that mean you should pull your software off Dealdatabase too?

fixn278:

thanks

db:

yah yah yah, I'm not unrealistic. there's generally around a thousand downloads of any new version & bandwidth's not free, but DD has a community that will help support / troubleshoot whereas other sites can't/won't/don't ( not to mention 120k+ thread views is enough traffic to justify the cost of hosting a few hundred k of zip )

I'm STILL getting e-mail from folks that installed the corrupted ver cobelli hosted. sleeper's iso isn't as bad but it still produces support requests by making it easy enough for the clueless to install... (no good deed goes unpunished!) *sigh
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

The site is backup up and I have enough to pay for next month as well.

Thanks to those of you who helped out.

Riley, if you wanted the sw removed you could have asked at any time, I always honor remove requests. The site is just there to try to make things easier for people to find.

It's your work, do with it as you please.

Once again, thanks to those who helped. Sorry my dumbass is broke.

Dennis