Please fix the url in the above post.
I am a newb at this but I think I found the solution to the scrolling y's down the screen. I changed my Putty settings per this post and everything worked fine...
hope it helps someone else.
Please fix the url in the above post.
Did you come up with anything for my problem.
In my pc I got " i 686 ". With telnet I got " mips ".
Originally Posted by gizmo2001The only time this should happen is if you have your tivo drive attached to your pc. See the tpm thread for details. You should never see this on your tivo because "uname -m" should return "mips" or "ppc".ERROR: the "mfs_ls" executable is not in your path
I get mips on my tivo and I get the yyyyyy's I wish I know how the tpm web install works ok but the others don't I was able to find a version of the ftp deamon on the other web site and install it without tpm....
It looks like the TPM for NOSCRAMBLE incorrectly identifies the S1 Tivo versions it's supposed to work with. S1:3.1.1b is indicated, but AFAIK, this should be S1:3.1.0bOriginally Posted by Sleeper
Thank you for pointing that out. I will fix it and put up a new release.Originally Posted by omf
In the future, please reproduce all of the credits for the original hack in the body of your post when you upload a TPM, and please display the software's actual license (not the mfs_ftp license) during installation, if you choose to display a license at all. In this case I believe the license was GPL. Thanks.Originally Posted by Sleeper
Also, in the case of software for which source code is available, please include a URL where the source can be found. In the case of software for which support and/or development threads exist, please also include URLs to these threads.
Last edited by alldeadhomiez; 06-03-2004 at 04:21 PM.
Installer works on my version 4.0-01-2-240 (4.0) HDVR2 but when I reboot it halts on "Almost there screen". This also was the same result I had when I originally tried to apply superpatch and had to reinstall from scratch which is where I am now.
Here is the process up to this point
1. restore version 4.0 image to new drive
2. apply surgery and hacks using sleepers iso
3. comment out kmem in rc.sysinit.author
4. install tivowebplus using tpm
5. apply correct callfixsub using fixsub40.tcl
6. install tserver from v914 I believe
Everything works great (ftp, telnet, mfs,etc.) but recordings are scrambled. I originally got to this point before, installed hmo superpatch and had to start over because it hung and restoring original tivoapp did not seem to help.
This time I did not install superpatch but tried noscramble2-2.0-2.tivo.tpm
It seemed to install fine saying installing for 4.0, finished by saying to reboot. I rebooted and it hung at "almost there screen". I pulled drive and restored original tivoapp and it reboots fine.
I unfortunately do not have serial cable adapter to plug into back to see what is spit out until that point, need to get one for sure.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I might be wrong but isn't that the version number for 4.0.1b? its at least 4.0.1 anyways. You are loading the wrong patches.Originally Posted by monstermurph
Someone that really knows please tell us the right version of patches
EDIT: BTW the reason Tivoapp crashes (and you get stuck at "Almost there") is that you are corrupting it by basically putting the new instructions in random places where they don't belong.
HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)
That's 4.0. I'm pretty sure the version number is everything up to the first '-'.Originally Posted by malfunct
Philips DSR7000 - ~200 hours, killhdinitrd'd 6.2a w/ NutKase's superpatch_67all
There are versions 4.0, 4.01 and 4.01b
The Tivoapp is the same 4.01 and 4.01b, hence so in the patch.
It does seem like the wrong patch is being applied. Perhaps his /SwSystem is reflecting the wrong version or he has a 4.01 tivoapp on a 4.0 system.
I will try to find another version 4.0 image and/or tivoapp file, restore it, rebuild and hopefully that sloves the problem. File I have now I can not guarantee that it had original tivoapp file, just assumed since it was not hacked yet it would be.
Thanks for the advice everyone.
If you are running Win2K try using the Hyperterminal rather than Windows telnet program. After trying to run noscramble for a few weeks, modifying the noscramble code, etc, and failing, it occured to me that Hyperterminal can connect using TCP/IP. I used it to telnet to my tivo and I was able to run NOSCRAMBLE on the first shot. The script ran perfectly. My tivo didn't boot onto the right partition afterwards (so I still have work to do) but Hyperterminal go tthe script to run (huge deal for me).