Thread: New to me gxceb0t

New to me gxceb0t

I just inherited a gxceb0t from a neighbor who complained it didn't work, and said he'd opened it up to try to fix it. When I cracked the case, boy howdy had he! He'd actually unscrewed the top of the hard disk and tried to pry the case off. Needless to say, I now have an otherwise working gxceb0t to start hacking on, and a blank disk, but no operating environment.

From looking through the sticky posts, it looks like I can just install an xtreme25 iso on a new disk, and then run the upgrade pack to 3.1, which sounds like it would be lots of fun. My only problem is that I can't seem to find xtreme25 for gxceb0t anywhere. Has there been a recent crackdown on its distribution? If so, I understand and won't ask for a copy. Is the size of the ISO the main barrier to its distribution, or are there legal challenges? Is there anything I (as a newbie) can do to help?

Quote Originally Posted by fahrvergnugen
    I just inherited a gxceb0t from a neighbor who complained it didn't work, and said he'd opened it up to try to fix it. When I cracked the case, boy howdy had he! He'd actually unscrewed the top of the hard disk and tried to pry the case off. Needless to say, I now have an otherwise working gxceb0t to start hacking on, and a blank disk, but no operating environment.

From looking through the sticky posts, it looks like I can just install an xtreme25 iso on a new disk, and then run the upgrade pack to 3.1, which sounds like it would be lots of fun. My only problem is that I can't seem to find xtreme25 for gxceb0t anywhere. Has there been a recent crackdown on its distribution? If so, I understand and won't ask for a copy. Is the size of the ISO the main barrier to its distribution, or are there legal challenges? Is there anything I (as a newbie) can do to help?
    Use the Phillips image for a DSR6000. It works fine for the Hughes receiver.

Does the 25xtreme iso on tivostuff.com have the tivo software or do i need to copy my old hard drive and upgrade?
    THanks

Quote Originally Posted by justroln
    Does the 25xtreme iso on tivostuff.com have the tivo software or do i need to copy my old hard drive and upgrade?
    THanks
    Just use the image, it has everything you need

Still unable to find a disk image, if you can make one available please PM me.