Thread: need help installing tytools8r3a

need help installing tytools8r3a

I'm trying to send the nowshowing.tcl and tserver_mfs7_mips to my monte'd tivo sa s2. Using ftp how do I need to do this?

You'll probably need to make your Tivo filesystem read/write before you can transfer the files. From bash, type in:

mount -o remount,rw /

You should now be able to transfer the files using your FTP program from your PC.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thanks Captain video. Your responses have really helped me out. I've been able to use the http_get in telnet to transfer a file, but how do I use ftp to transfer those tivoweb plus files? I made the tivo a read/write file like you said. If you don't want to explain, point me somewhere that I can read up on it. Thanks again for your help.

Just use a standard FTP program. Connect via anonymous login using the IP address you assigned to the Tivo. Transfer using passive and binary modes.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Ok. got the files transfered. When I use telnet to access the file tserver_mfs7_mips, I get an error message saying "permission denied". So the files I copied need to be chmod, correct? I typed chmod 777 tserver_mfs7_mips and got an invalid response. What do I need to do/type to set the permissions for these files?

Yes, you need to make them executable with chmod. The command you typed in is the correct one. You need to make sure you're in the same directory when you issue the chmod command.

cd /usr/tytools
    ls

The ls command lists the files contained in the directory. Check to make sure they transferred and are there. Repeat the chmod command for each of the files you transferred (tserver_mfs7_mips, NowShowing.tcl, and mfs_stream).