Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EndPadPlus - for all your soft padding needs - includes DUAL TUNER support and more!

Quote Originally Posted by charliektm400
    The TiVo is a Phillips HDR112 or 212 (not sure as it came disk-less)

I've started it with verbose logging, so I'll see what happens, but it might take a while as I will have to notice that it hasn't done a program properly. At the moment, it's doing most programs properly.

Thanks

Charlie
    Just had a problem again, as it didn't add end padding for "The Bill" I have padding set to S 1 E 15, but there were only 12 minutes available before the next program.

This is the output from the log

Tuesday 20:57:00 : Rise and shine!
    Tuesday 20:57:00 : Processing current recording(s):
    Tuesday 20:57:00 : * The Bill on [2 ABT2] until 21:18 (Season Pass)
    Tuesday 20:57:00 : Not time to add end padding yet
    Tuesday 20:57:00 : Processing next recording(s):
    Tuesday 20:57:00 : * Stingers on [8 WIN-Hob] from 21:30 to 22:30 (Season Pass)
    Tuesday 20:57:00 : Not time to add start padding yet
    Tuesday 20:57:00 : Next end padding setting due 21:15
    Tuesday 20:57:00 : Next start padding setting due 21:27
    Tuesday 20:57:00 : Next wake up will be 21:15
    Tuesday 20:57:00 : Back to sleep...
    Tuesday 20:57:00 : Checking every minute for kill signal...................
    Tuesday 21:15:00 :
    Tuesday 21:15:00 : Rise and shine!
    Tuesday 21:15:00 : Processing current recording(s):
    Tuesday 21:15:00 : * The Bill on [2 ABT2] until 21:18 (Season Pass)
    Tuesday 21:15:00 : Scheduled recording starts in middle of requested padding
    Tuesday 21:15:00 : Tuner 1 has 0 seconds available
    Tuesday 21:15:01 : Tuner in use; no padding available
    Tuesday 21:15:01 : Can't add end padding due to conflict
    Tuesday 21:15:01 : Processing next recording(s):
    Tuesday 21:15:01 : * Stingers on [8 WIN-Hob] from 21:30 to 22:30 (Season Pass)
    Tuesday 21:15:01 : Not time to add start padding yet
    Tuesday 21:15:01 : Next end padding setting due 22:27
    Tuesday 21:15:01 : Next start padding setting due 21:27
    Tuesday 21:15:01 : Next wake up will be 21:27
    Tuesday 21:15:01 : Back to sleep...
    Tuesday 21:15:01 : Checking every minute for kill signal.........

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by charliektm400
    Just had a problem again, as it didn't add end padding for "The Bill" I have padding set to S 1 E 15, but there were only 12 minutes available before the next program.
    I looked over your logs and checked the EPP code and still can't determine what the problem is, so I just sent you a PM with my email address so you can email me your logs. We'll get this figured out one way or another.

falcontx

EndPadPlus 1.0.3 released!

Latest improvements/fixes:
    -- fixed improper padding when a program starts/ends within requested padding
    -- verbose logging on by default; added command to disable it
    -- default file locations for endpad.err and endpad.kill changed

This release fixes the bug that charliektm400 was having. I also changed verbose logging to default on to make for easier debugging in the future, if necessary. Personally, I like having the additional information, but if it annoys anyone, adding -noverbose to the command line will turn it off. The default locations for endpadd.err and endpad.kill as well as the locations in the installation instructions were changed to more "acceptable" locations, though feel free to put it wherever you like.

falcontx

could endpadplus stop short suggestions being recorded

I am currently using endpadplus v1.0.3, and find it very helpful thanks.

I am having a problem with Tivo recording scheduled news update suggestions in preference to end padding.

I am missing the end of shows because Tivo changes channel to record a news update suggestion (usually less than 3 minutes long). And to make matters worse it will add start padding to it, in preference to end padding the scheduled recording.

I was wondering if it was feasible for a future version to include an option to override suggestions less than a certain length of time (eg 5 minutes).

I suggest when endpadplus wakes up and checks for conflicts before end padding, if the conflict is a suggestion and it is less than a predetermined length (eg 5min) start end padding anyway forcing the short suggestion to be dropped.

A log of my current problem is below:
    Wednesday 20:25:00 : Rise and shine!
    Wednesday 20:25:00 : Processing current recording(s):
    Wednesday 20:25:00 : * The New Inventors on [2 ABW2] until 20:27 (Season Pass)
    Wednesday 20:25:00 : Can't add end padding due to conflict
    Wednesday 20:25:00 : Processing next recording(s):
    Wednesday 20:25:00 : * National Nine News on [9 STW9] from 20:28 to 20:30 (Suggestion)
    Wednesday 20:25:01 : Adding 60 seconds start padding
    Wednesday 20:25:11 : Next end padding setting due 20:28

Peter
    Last edited by petestrash; 03-24-2004 at 11:19 AM.

checking the logs for my previous post I have found an error similar to charliektm400

In my logs,

Wednesday 21:16:00 : Rise and shine!
    Wednesday 21:16:00 : Processing current recording(s):
    Wednesday 21:16:00 : * The Big Picture on [2 ABW2] until 21:19 (Season Pass)
    Wednesday 21:16:00 : Can't add end padding due to conflict
    Wednesday 21:16:01 : Processing next recording(s):
    Wednesday 21:16:01 : * Through Hell For Hitler on [2 ABW2] from 21:30 to 22:20 (Single)
    Wednesday 21:16:01 : Not time to add start padding yet
    Wednesday 21:16:01 : Next end padding setting due 22:17
    Wednesday 21:16:01 : Next start padding setting due 21:27
    Wednesday 21:16:01 : Next wake up will be 21:27
    Wednesday 21:16:01 : Back to sleep...
    Wednesday 21:16:01 : Checking every minute for kill signal............

For some reason at 21:16 endpadplus would not add end padding to a show finishing at 21:19 even though the next show does not start until 21:30.

This looks like the same problem charliektm400 was having before you released v1.0.3

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    I am missing the end of shows because Tivo changes channel to record a news update suggestion (usually less than 3 minutes long). And to make matters worse it will add start padding to it, in preference to end padding the scheduled recording.
    EPP is programmed to delete ANY suggestions in order to add end padding to a show. There was a bug in 1.0.2 that caused undesired results, though I thought it would still delete suggestions. Regardless, based upon the logs in your post, either you are NOT running 1.0.3 or you have used the -noverbose flag. If you used the -noverbose flag, remove it when you restart EPP and post some of the verbose logs. If you are certain that you did not use the -noverbose flag, then you are not using version 1.0.3 and you need to upgrade.

falcontx

Quote Originally Posted by falcontx
    EPP is programmed to delete ANY suggestions in order to add end padding to a show. There was a bug in 1.0.2 that caused undesired results, though I thought it would still delete suggestions. Regardless, based upon the logs in your post, either you are NOT running 1.0.3 or you have used the -noverbose flag. If you used the -noverbose flag, remove it when you restart EPP and post some of the verbose logs. If you are certain that you did not use the -noverbose flag, then you are not using version 1.0.3 and you need to upgrade.

falcontx
    falcontx: I just had a look at your code and noticed that EndPadPlus is getting the start time of the next show by parsing the name of the recording object in MFS.

I did this in an early version of EndPad, but found a lot of unexplained non-records which I eventually tracked down the the fact that the time in the name did not always correspond exactly to the start time less the start padding; it could be some seconds different. I switched EndPad to doing it the long way round, querying the StartTime and StartPadding from MFS, and the problem disappeared.

Edit: that bit of code only applies to suggestions I now see, so it couldn't be the cause of the reported problems.
    Last edited by sanderton; 03-24-2004 at 12:49 PM.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Quote Originally Posted by sanderton
    falcontx: I just had a look at your code and noticed that EndPadPlus is getting the start time of the next show by parsing the name of the recording object in MFS.

I did this in an early version of EndPad, but found a lot of unexplained non-records which I eventually tracked down the the fact that the time in the name did not always correspond exactly to the start time less the start padding; it could be some seconds different. I switched EndPad to doing it the long way round, querying the StartTime and StartPadding from MFS, and the problem disappeared.
    Well, what I noticed is that the time in the name is always 2 seconds early on past and active recordings (those starting with 1: and 3:). So for scanning active recordings, I always grab the values from MFS.

On the other hand, for scheduled recordings (those starting with 4:), I have yet to notice a discrepancy on my S2 DTiVo, and trust me, I have been paying close attention. Additionally, TivoWebPlus uses this same method for various things. I suppose that there could be some issue with other types of units, but I haven't received any bug reports regarding that type of issue for either piece of software, so I doubt that's the case.

The bugs that have been reported here recently aren't related to that. They were due to a misnamed variable, which was fixed in 1.0.3. I don't think this most recent report was from 1.0.3 despite the poster's claims. He may not have copied the new version to the correct place or may have not restarted EPP after he did copy the new version.

Anyhow, thanks for bringing it up. I'll certainly keep it in mind in the future.

falcontx

I have restarted enpadplus again, this time with the -verbose variable (also -auto and have changed start to .5 and end to 10). I should also mention this is a series 1 SA TiVo.

Thursday 03:05:16 : EndPadPlus 1.0.3 starting up
    Thursday 03:05:16 : Software version: 3.0-01-1-000
    Thursday 03:05:16 : Number of tuners: 1
    Thursday 03:05:16 : Time Zone offset: 0 hours
    Thursday 03:05:16 : Start padding set to 30 seconds
    Thursday 03:05:16 : End padding set to 600 seconds
    Thursday 03:05:16 : Suggestion equalization is off
    Thursday 03:05:16 : Verbose logging is on

I will see what happens later today.

Thanks,

Peter.
    Last edited by petestrash; 03-24-2004 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    I have restarted enpadplus again, this time with the -verbose variable (also -auto and have changed start to .5 and end to 10). I should also mention this is a series 1 SA TiVo.

I will see what happens later today.

Thanks,

Peter.
    Seems to be working fine now after 2nd restart. Thanks.

Just thought I'd pipe in to give thanks to sanderton and falcontx for such great work here, this is a very cool add-on that's making my TiVo watching more joyful!

FWIW, the ReadMe still has the typo in the instruction to have endpadplus automatically run from rc.sysinit.author.

This threw me for a loop for a bit as I could only get it to launch manually, until I came back to this thread and learned I had to add the "/" before "dev/null"

Might be a good idea to fix the typo for anyone getting introduced to endpadplus for the first time.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate this program!
    Last edited by Fofer; 04-02-2004 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Just thought I'd pipe in to give thanks to sanderton and falcontx for such great work here, this is a very cool add-on that's making my TiVo watching more joyful!

FWIW, the ReadMe still has the typo in the instruction to have endpadplus autoatically run from rc.sysinit.author.

This threw me for a loop for a bit as I could only get it to launch manually, until I came back to this thread and learned I had to add the "/" before "dev/null"

Might be a good idea to fix the typo for anyone getting introduced to endpadplus for the first time.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate this program!
    Thanks for pointing that out. Someone mentioned it before but I guess I forgot to change it. I'll have to do that shortly.

falcontx

I've been running "endpadplus 1 1" for a while, and every couple of days my system just restarts out of the blue... I removed the endpadplus command about 2 weeks ago, and no restarts since.

Anyone had a similar experiencec?

Quote Originally Posted by jasch
    I've been running "endpadplus 1 1" for a while, and every couple of days my system just restarts out of the blue... I removed the endpadplus command about 2 weeks ago, and no restarts since.

I too noticed an out-of-the-blue restart this week, and I just recently added endpladplus. I added a bunch of other things too, though, so I can't point my finger definitively at endpadplus. If it happens again I'll start troubleshooting...

Quote Originally Posted by jasch

I run EPP for weeks at a time with no issues and I know that others do as well. Do you have any EPP logs from around the time that this happens?

falcontx