Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool Alpha #8r6, FAE, DVD output...

TyTool Alpha #8r6, FAE, DVD output...

Alright. The rules in this thread are the same as the last one for my tools. A great many things have been updated recently. But best to start with a charter for this thread.

Just like before these are rules for this thread, not the forum. If you want to discuss things deemed off limits here make your own threads and set your own rules. But if you decide to participate here then please follow the guidelines.

So the rules for this thread are:

1- NO FLAMES AND NO ARGUMENTS... I am through trying to be nice on this as it just plain does not work. I will without reservation delete anything that shows up here that could be considered either of the above. Enough is enough.

2- It has become clear that we have 2 distinct camps with zealots in both. Fine. Use my stuff. Use Olaf's. I couldn't care less. Many of us got dragged into a war we didn't know we were supposed to be involved in... So a new rule. We discuss ONLY my own tools here... Leave the rest in their own threads! This is not intended to be an attack but rather to stop them. You don't like me. Fine. You don't like my tools fine. You don't like those that use them. You're an ***** but fine for hating people you have never ever met so just go somewhere else.

3- NO ADVERTISING FOR OTHER TOOLS. Again this thread is again about Vsplit/TyTool. If you have something cool to use in place of or even with them the take it to a different thread. Any post by anyone about "you really should use X instead..." is gone the moment I or some of other mods see it.

This is still an open forum. Create your own thread and have at it. But such posts are entirely unwelcome here.

4- Feel free to discuss various OS/wishes/desires/etc.... At some point we should support as much as is possible.

5- Feel free to ask for features but be aware that I am making no promises except to work on things in general... I mean it. Ask. But don't hound me or anyone else, that accomplishes nothing. If you think of something that would be cool let me know. I will add it to the list.

6- I suppose I should say it... I reserve the right to disappear at any time. Just like you do. When life interferes hobbies get put on hold. Having said that it will be obvious when you look at the new toolset that I have been putting in a great deal of time on it. Hope that it helps every do what they want to with their Tivos...

7- Keep DVDLab, tmpgenc et all to a dull roar in here please. It might be better say that we are now 3 camps. TyTool, TyStudio, and TyTool with the output being used elsewhere. I don't mind the occasional this works with DVDLab/Tmpgenc etc... in reference to a problem someone asks about. But in the last while it has felt like we had dropped to advertising again. Please don't do that. There are a number of very good DVDLab threads here on the forum to do that kind of thing etc...

--jdiner

Release: TyTool8r6 test 1 with DVD support...

TyTool 8r6 with DVD Support. The attachment has the new versions of the tooset in it. All DVD extras and tserver versions are found within it. VSplit has not been updated to match this release.

This version is a major upgrade from the earlier 8 series of TyTool. It adds Frame Accurate Editing (FAE) to the mix.

Please check the included docs for information about it.

And please please please be warned. This versions is alpha at best. I have tested it thoroughly but I warn you. If you want things that work, stick with 8r3. If you want to help test and look into the FAE processes then this is the version for you.

--jdiner

TyTool 8r6 No DVD...

Just a place holder here for now. This will be coming but for now it is just a way to get things into this thread a touch later on.

--jdiner

The TyTool/Vsplit unix tools...

These aren't here yet. Just a place hold for future releases.

--jdiner

I was just about to go to bed, as it's midnight here in the UK, and then I spot this

Oh well, a few more hours won't hurt...

Thanks Josh

Mpeg question

I would like to use dvdit to make dvd's from extracted files. I can import the files fine but the final mpeg shows that it is 55min. long but the video has been edited to 41min useing the Gop editor in tytools. Am I doing something wrong? the dvdit program gives me a to many frames in gop error and won't make the files. have you heard of this before? is there a solution? thanks for all your help.

I thought you were going to version 9 for this?!

Glad the haze has cleared.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    This versions is alpha at best.

--jdiner
    I have only found 2 issues, and neither seem major.
    1. GOP Editor cannot find the .ty file if it is not in the same directory as the .key when attemting to do FAE.
    2. During multiplexing, mpeg2enc.exe opens in a seperate window, and appears to hang or fails to close when FAE is used. Manually closing this window allows TyTool to continue, and I haven't seen any problems with the final output.

Great Job, Thanks for all your effort.

Robbie

I gave it a try and on my Windows XP Home system When I try to create a VOB I get a cammand prompt type window with the following info whenever tytool8R6 reaches an FAE edit point:

INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Selecting DVD output profile
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Assuming norm NTSC
    ++ WARN: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] No aspect ratio specifed and no guess possi
    ble: assuming 4:3 display aspect!
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Encoding MPEG-2 video to D:\Work\{Chimera}{
    01-29-2004}{SCFI}.ty.vob.m2v
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Horizontal size: 480 pel
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Vertical size: 480 pel
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Aspect ratio code: 2 = 4:3 display
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Frame rate code: 4 = 30000.0/1001.0 (NTSC
    VIDEO)
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Bitrate: 7500 KBit/s
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Quality factor: 1 (1=best, 31=worst)
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Field order for input: top-field-first
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Sequence unlimited length
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Search radius: 16
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] GOP SIZE RANGE 210 TO 210
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Setting colour/gamma parameters to "NTSC"
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Progressive format frames = 0
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] Buffering 429 frames
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] SETTING MMX and EXTENDED MMX for QUANTIZER!

INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] SETTING EXTENDED MMX for MOTION!
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] SETTING MMX for TRANSFORM!
    INFO: [/cygdrive/d/Work/mpeg2enc] SETTING EXTENDED MMX for PREDICTION!

it just sits there until I close that window, it then continues processing. The resulting VOB does not have the FAE frames included, the result is the same as GOP level edits.

On my windows 98 system I processed the same file and did not get these windows, the entire file was processed and the frames form the FAE edit were included but the frames from the cut point to the next VOB looked very blocky.

The title bar for tytool8R6 reads "Tivo Client Alpha #8 rel 5 - test 1"

Kevin

Unhappy Error With Frame Edit

Thanks for the work!

I have been trying to finally edit the Battlestar Galatica miniseries from last year. Unfortunately, the GOPeditor in Tytool seems to lock up when I try to make a frame acurate cut sometime past the hour and 15 minute point. I can make edits anytime before that, but it seems to crash at anytime past that "magic" point. I have tried it with both the first and second episodes.

Is there some file size limitation or something similar? I am using a SA Tivo with video recorded at 720 x 480.

Thanks for release!!!!

edit - Yes, I am using your personal nemesis - WindowsXP
    Last edited by casagw; 01-31-2004 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleLamp
    I thought you were going to version 9 for this?!

Glad the haze has cleared.
    I will once the ideas have been tested out a bit. I get the feeling a ton of bugs are about to come my way.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by electrocit
    I would like to use dvdit to make dvd's from extracted files. I can import the files fine but the final mpeg shows that it is 55min. long but the video has been edited to 41min useing the Gop editor in tytools. Am I doing something wrong? the dvdit program gives me a to many frames in gop error and won't make the files. have you heard of this before? is there a solution? thanks for all your help.
    I have no information of any kind about dvdit. Use what is stated in the docs as it does work.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by rob2k1
    2. During multiplexing, mpeg2enc.exe opens in a seperate window, and appears to hang or fails to close when FAE is used. Manually closing this window allows TyTool to continue, and I haven't seen any problems with the final output.
    I have seen this one too. But I have no information about it. A second run of the tool will work perfectly.

A manual run of mpeg2enc on the same files on the disk will work perfectly. It appears to be a bug in the mpeg2enc program. But I have not had the time/desire to dig into it yet. It needs to be fixed, but it is not going to be fun to do.

A typical first pass debug method of add a 100 printfs or so and then run it until it stops. Try to lock down what is freezing up so tight and then look into solving it.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by oviTyonS
    I gave it a try and on my Windows XP Home system When I try to create a VOB I get a cammand prompt type window with the following info whenever tytool8R6 reaches an FAE edit point:
    This freezing window is a problem. Somewhere inside of mpeg2enc is a problem. Just re-process the file and it will work the second time.

I processed 50-100 files today in my testing. I saw it seriously constantly for a while, and then in the list 30 runs I didn't see it once.

At the moment I am considering it an annoyance. It will get fixed at some point but for right now just be aware that it can occur. When it does hit ctrl-c in the window, it will close and then get ready to re-process the file.

As for things looking blocky. I can explain that in that the process did not complete correctly. When it does I don't see blocky even when I have the stream maximized to 1600x1200 on my PC. And definately not on the tiny resolution of a TV screen.

--jdiner