Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

Backup image and slice begging thread

This thread is dedicated to helping users locate sources of Series 2 TiVo mfsbackup images and providing a proper place for discussion of posted images. If you threadcrap elsewhere begging for an image, expect your post to be deleted. If you are looking for a particular image and cannot find it, please post your request in this thread and only in this thread.

The following sites are known to have TiVo images, some of which may be for Series 2 units:

abs.net - shut down by tivo

tivostuff - shut down by tivo

As always, do not post requests or links to images that contain DTV hacking or service theft modifications. This includes DTiVo images that have the "HU hack," NOZKT hack, NO745 hack, NOIVAC hack, camless/mux-over-IP hacks, or tier check hack (fixsub.tcl is okay as it does not enable service absent a legitimate subscription to the DVR service through DTV). If you find an image on a server mentioned here that contains a forbidden hack, you may not allude to or mention the existence of the hack or discuss it at all on Dealdatabase. This site is in the U.S. and does not wish to incur the liabilities associated with abetting felony signal theft.

Thank you for your cooperation.

edit by mrblack51: please edit your posts when you have managed to get the image you were looking for. This thread will be pruned periodically, so your post will go if the thread is long and your post is old. thanks for your assistance
    Last edited by mrblack51; 01-03-2004 at 02:42 PM.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...0&pagenumber=3

thats in the sticky thread. the instructions are for an hdvr2.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Guys (and gals).
    Head on over to suprnova.org and search for
    hdvr2
    s2-40

You might be surprised what you see....

Here is a bittorrent FAQ:

http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/

Backup image and slice begging thread

Edit:

Same rules as this thread, which is to say, don't ask for anything blatantly illegal. Try eMule/eDonkey2000 first, searching for obvious terms like "tivo," "mfs," "slice," etc. This thread will be cleaned up every so often under the assumption that nobody waits a month for an image. Edit your post after you find what you're looking for.

If you're in a bind, PTV upgrade offers downloadable images for a fee.
    Last edited by alldeadhomiez; 09-12-2004 at 01:11 AM.

32 2.5.2 Exteme upgrade help me please!!!

Hello I am very new to the game but have some computer know how I have a dsr6000 with a 120 gig wd and extreme 2.5 already on the box but I really need to get 2.5.2 to get my locals or better yet 3.1. I don't have a null modem cable so I cannot use bash but have a computer setup to do the image. I would really a like to have an image mfs or anything to help me upgrade. I have a ftp set up ftp://rgrpc.kicks-ass.org with the user name of Tivo with no password if anyone can help me out and give me what I need it would be great!

DSR6000 image

Quote Originally Posted by rgrpc
    I have a dsr6000 with a 120 gig wd and extreme 2.5 already on the box but I really need to get 2.5.2 to get my locals or better yet 3.1.
    Original DSR6000 mfstools backup image on the way to you. ETA 2.5 hrs.
    This is v 2.4 or something like that, single tuner.... You'll have to have it call in and update (at least twice) to get it up to 3.x
    Do yourself a favor.
    Build yourself a serial cable

If you are going to build a treehouse you need a hammer.
    If you are going to change the oil in your car you need a wrench.
    If you are going to hack your Tivo ......
    Livingroom S2 DTivo Hughes SD-DVR40 120GB 6.2a-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...
    Bedroom S2 DTivo Hughes SD-DVR40 120GB 6.2a-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...
    Basement File Server S2 DTivo Hughs SD-DVR40 160GB 6.2-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...

? software version 4?

I just bought a used DSR 7000 and it came with software version 3.1.1b

I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a link as to how to upgrade it to software version 4?

in particular I would like to be able to use
    1) folders
    2) wireless network over USb

any help appreciated

Question Faster upgrades

Would my tivo have to be hacked to use the bash prompt I have seen null modem cable on the 9thtee. I would rather not have a hacked series 1 tivo if I can help it I want to avouid anyfuture software conflict since I pay for my tivo service.

Question how to restore tivo image

Hey lowcarb how do I restore the image you sent me to my tivo will it see the 120gig properly. what is the procedure do i copy the mfs to the fat 32 drive? or how do I do this?

Would my tivo have to be hacked to use the bash prompt I have seen null modem cable on the 9thtee. I would rather not have a hacked series 1 tivo if I can help it I want to avouid anyfuture software conflict since I pay for my tivo service.
    You need to hack it if you want the bash prompt.

If you aren't going to do any other hacks then there isn't much point in having bash access.

You can make a serial cable for $0.99, see the link on post 198.
    Last edited by Lowcarb; 08-21-2004 at 01:33 PM.
    Livingroom S2 DTivo Hughes SD-DVR40 120GB 6.2a-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...
    Bedroom S2 DTivo Hughes SD-DVR40 120GB 6.2a-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...
    Basement File Server S2 DTivo Hughs SD-DVR40 160GB 6.2-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...

Hey lowcarb how do I restore the image you sent me to my tivo will it see the 120gig properly. what is the procedure do i copy the mfs to the fat 32 drive? or how do I do this?
    You want to use a package called mfs_tools.
    There are several guides out there on how to do it.
    Try this one. Hinsdale

follow the mfs_tools 2.0 instructions and you should be in good shape, and you'll learn a few basic Linux commands along the way.

Sat-T60 2.5Xtreme

Could someone kindly add a Sony Sat-T60 Xtreme2.5 image to their Edonkey 2K shared folder so I can download? You can email or pm me for handshake. Thanks, chips4s

Need 3.1.0c2 slices for DSR6000

Need 3.1.0c2 slices for DSR6000. FTP available if necessary.

Thanks

3.1.0c2 tivoapp

I did a foobar, and trashed my 3.1.0c2 /tvbin/tivoapp w/o a backup. I recovered by copying the /tvbin/tivoapp from the old partition. Any chance I can get a copy?

Thanks,