Page 49 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

Quote Originally Posted by crunkrock
    My tivo died, and I need an image of a tcd540040. Thanks in advnace guys!

mn!
    Hop on your eMule and look for tivo540.virgin.40G.mfsbackup.bak (I suggest byte dev ils.com ). Or, if you're in a hurry you could always go to ptvupgrade.com and buy the Instant Cake CD image for the 540xxx.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    There are several images on the eD2K network. Get the eMule client at www.emule-project.net. Ude the global server search option.

PlainBill
    Thanks was able to find an image.

You have several options: If you have a 'virgin' 3.1.5 kernel, copy it to partition 9 on the TiVo drive and killhdinitrd it there. Or dd it to the active boot partition AFTER backing up the original kernel and killhdinitrd it in place.

If you lack a 3.1.5 kernel, consider purchasing the PTVupgrade LBA-48 enhanced cd for $5. It has killhdinitrd kernels on it.

Lastly, this site had kernels as of 3-11-06.

PlainBill
    I have a SD-DVR40. It was not hacked, but since I do not have a phone line, it was not upgraded to 6.2, so I was still running 3.1.1e. I hacked that with killhdinitrd and used the slices method upgrade to 6.2. I tried using the 3.1.5 kernel on the above site, but I get failure reason 53. I researched this and found out that this is due to a bad kernel. So, it seems the kernel they have is bad. Anybody have a 3.1.5 kernel (kill'd or not)?

Thanks.

Edit: tried finding it on emule, with no success.

Quote Originally Posted by juane
    I have a SD-DVR40. It was not hacked, but since I do not have a phone line, it was not upgraded to 6.2, so I was still running 3.1.1e. I hacked that with killhdinitrd and used the slices method upgrade to 6.2. I tried using the 3.1.5 kernel on the above site, but I get failure reason 53. I researched this and found out that this is due to a bad kernel. So, it seems the kernel they have is bad. Anybody have a 3.1.5 kernel (kill'd or not)?

Thanks.

Edit: tried finding it on emule, with no success.
    The kernels on that site are packed using gzip. Did you unpack it before copying it to the boot partition?

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

The kernels on that site are packed using gzip. Did you unpack it before copying it to the boot partition?

PlainBill
    Yes.

The readme file says they are already kill'd, so I could not compare the md5 with those reported in the killhdinitrd thread. Anyway, I checked, and they don't match.

So, it seems the kernel they have is bad.
    FWIW, I used the 3.1.5 killhd kernel from that site; admittedly it was a few months ago but it worked for me...
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    Here's a minimal 7.2.2b sd-h400 (264) image: ed2k://|file|minimal-7.2.2b-oth.01-2...OCK76RSDDA3Y|/

As above, this is a minimal image, meaning it will fit on any size drive > 1GB, and must be expanded (-x) when restored. It's using one partition pair, so it can be expanded twice; useful if you upgrade drives again later. The image doesn't have the capacity lock that a stock sd-h400 image would have. Other than that, everything is stock (unhacked).

Thanks for the link, but it's not downloading. i'll give it a while longer.
    ??
    sorry for asking, but a minimal images means what? no tivo background movies, ect? i'm assuming so because of the file size.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR
    ??
    sorry for asking, but a minimal images means what? no tivo background movies, ect? i'm assuming so because of the file size.
    Basically it is a very clean image. It has everything it would have if it came fresh from the factory and was never booted before.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

??
    As AlphaWolf said, it's a full image with all background animation loopsets. It just doesn't have any extra cruft an image from a "used" tivo has, and it can fit on any size disk > 1GB.

eMule requires patience. If you've left yourself connected for 12 hours and still haven't seen anything (I've seen no requests in the last 24 hours), then PM me and we can arrange another form of transport.

Here's a minimal 7.2.2b sd-h400 (264) image: ed2k://|file|minimal-7.2.2b-oth.01-2...OCK76RSDDA3Y|/

As above, this is a minimal image, meaning it will fit on any size drive > 1GB, and must be expanded (-x) when restored. It's using one partition pair, so it can be expanded twice; useful if you upgrade drives again later. The image doesn't have the capacity lock that a stock sd-h400 image would have. Other than that, everything is stock (unhacked).
    If you tried to get this before and couldn't, you might try again -- there's another seeder for it now.

[Deleted Request]
    Last edited by diamondsw; 05-11-2006 at 04:23 AM.

If you tried to get this before and couldn't, you might try again -- there's another seeder for it now.

YAY! i got the image, but i've only dealt with .bak files (not a linux person, and pretty much just deal with the hindsdale, or weaknees walkthru) I'm not exactly sure to do with an .mfs file.

Any hint on the command to restore it if i hook the new drive up as HDA?? i'll be using the weaknees lba48 upgrade cd.
    thanks!

YAY! i got the image, but i've only dealt with .bak files (not a linux person, and pretty much just deal with the hindsdale, or weaknees walkthru) I'm not exactly sure to do with an .mfs file. Any hint on the command to restore it if i hook the new drive up as HDA?? i'll be using the weaknees lba48 upgrade cd.
    .bak and .mfs are the same thing. You should be able to follow the Weaknees "Restore from Backup to one drive" instructions.

There's no need to run the sd-h400_unlock utility with this image, so skip that step if it is in their instructions. The capacity lock is already removed in this image.

Folks, I too, am looking for a SD-DVR 40 image that I can put on a broken Hughes box that will be authorized for normal service, no hacks. I've been on Emule for three days, but haven't been able to get a complete download. Perhaps some kind soul here can help?

Thanks! Mike Nassour
    mikenassour at yahoo dot com

-------later------------

Never mind, folks. Emule came through. I don't post a lot here, but the advice is worth its weight in HDVR250s ! <grin>

mn
    Last edited by mnassour; 05-21-2006 at 09:45 AM.
    -------------
    Never wrestle with a pig...you get dirty and the pig likes it.

I need an image for a phillips dsr704

Thanks