Page 64 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

Perhaps if you don't mind the audio dropouts.

Quote Originally Posted by SithLord View Post
    Considering 6.3b has been stopped by DirecTV, perhaps it's best to not even bother with this version. There are reports that because of bugs still existing in 6.3b, a newer version will have to come out.
    As mark Twain once said:
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are an idi0t than to open it and remove all doubt."

Here's a link to a stock 6.3b tivoapp:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1y0mezmu2t3 (6.3b-tivoapp.zip, 4.80MB)

Stock 6.3b tivoapp MD5: 9479449dbccd24b3e160e20645e80078
    (note: this is not 6.3b-tivoapp.zip's MD5.)

I recently acquired a box that I intended to use for my kid's shows. Does anyone have an image for a Phillips PTV100/HDR112? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

DVR40 Instantcake 3.1.1e

Can anyone tell me what vesion of instantcake is available on the dvrupgrade.com site for the DVR40?? i don't mind dropping the $20 to support the bandwidth costs for the site but before paying I wanted to know what version is available.

Thanks.

Are you dead set on 3.1.1e? Because the 62small image linked to a few pages back will work on the DVR40 (or so says the post). And the obligatory response to the dvrupgrade question is - why don't you just ask them? I mean it's not unreasonable to know what you're paying for...
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    I mean it's not unreasonable to know what you're paying for...
    Good point there, but the response from this board is fast, and was just seeing if anyone knew off the top of their head. I'll also ask them.

The reason I want 3.1.1e is you get two images for the price of one. I'll install 3.1.1e, clear and del, then create a backup image. Then upgrade via phoneline and repeat.

Got a reply from DVRUpgrade and it looks like 6.2 is all they offer these days. Anyone have the 3.1.1e version laying about?

Please PM for ftp info.

6.2 for SD DTivos isn't as unreliable as 6.3 is with the HR10 (if that's whats you're thinking...)

There aren't many people downgrading to 3.1.1e..

Is there another reason you'd prefer 3.1.1e over 6.2?

Quote Originally Posted by drez View Post
    6.2 for SD DTivos isn't as unreliable as 6.3 is with the HR10 (if that's whats you're thinking...)
    Nope, that is not what I'm thinking. I want the 3.1.1e image so I can naturally upgrade to 6.2 using the phoneline. This way I'm guaranteed a nice clean 6.2 image without any hacks or "tweaks" like the instantcake version has.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSunshine View Post
    Nope, that is not what I'm thinking. I want the 3.1.1e image so I can naturally upgrade to 6.2 using the phoneline. This way I'm guaranteed a nice clean 6.2 image without any hacks or "tweaks" like the instantcake version has.
    InstantCake is a 'nice clean' image without any hacks and tweaks. The only thing they did is add an 'id10t proof' (tain't no such thing) installer to a clean image.
    You can check on the eD2k network; get the eMule client at www.emule-project.net. Do a Global Server search for SD-DVR40, DVR40, TiVo, etc and see if you find anything.

Frankly, while it is a good idea to have a backup copy or two, I can't think of any reason I would consider going back to 3.1.1e. It's only strong point is you can quickly upgrade to 6.2.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Does anyone have a 6.3b image? The drive in my HR10-250 just died and it was an unmodified unit, so I never got around to backing it up.

29 some slices

Hi,

I just edited my installSw file although it already had the correct exec sting so I just changed reboot to exit 0 I then forced a phone call and now I see in my /var/packages some files. I am going to try to attach a screen shot and I am looking for some input as to what I actually just downloaded and if it is going to do my hacked 6.2 install any good.

Thanks

o boy... I just went back to my ftp program and in the time it took me to post this question the files in the packages directory as shown in my slices.gif have disappeared. Where did they go? did I mess anything up? Any guidance would be appreciated. If I refresh the mfs SwSystem directory in TWP I still only see the 6.2-01-2-351 and ACTIVE links listed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by modiphier; 01-05-2007 at 11:57 PM. Reason: shit happened

35 overnight

Hi,

To update my experience I woke this morning to find some new slices listed on my TWP SwSystem page yet none of them seem like anything I want to get involved with. There are no 6.3 slices. Can you tell me what these might be and if they are useless how I can remove them. I have attached a screen capture and the two yellow highlighted ones are what was there as of last night so all of the others are new.

Thanks

By the way this is a directv hughes sd-dvr40 with pvnet and instant cake and a number of additional hacks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6.3 is only for HR10-250s.
    6.2 is the latest version for Non-HD Series2 DirecTV Tivos.

There is a clean (no hacks... as if it came from the factory) 6.2 image that works with all Series2 DirecTV Tivos, except the R10 or HR10-250, in post #929 of this thread.

cool

Hi drez,

Thanks for the info. I am wondering if you can tell me what the 6.2-01-2-381 slice I received overnight is and if it is worth me trying to use the slicer to install it. I don't think I need the clean 6.2 file from the 929 thread as my instantcake/ptvnet image has 6.2. I was under the impression there was a new 6.3 that may have been worth upgrading. The only reason I am or was looking for this was because after the great results I had with the dvrupgrade scripts I went back and bought the slicer but I guess now I am seeing it was a wasted $20 since there are no slices for me to upgrade to.

If you wouldnt mind could you take a look at the overnight image attachment in my last post and tell me a little bit about what is sitting there in my SwSystem and if I need them and if I dont how I can delete them if need be.

Thanks