Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1762

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

  1. #1381
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    n.h. usa
    Posts
    955
    anyone have a virgin 11.0d for tcd648250b series 3. I was able to find an 11.0b that works but my mothers unhacked tivo is dieing.. ie cannot record without stuttering etc..

    I tried a few times to create an image from my hacked 11.0d putting what i thought the virigin tivoapp was back on and the unhacked kernel and removing the rc.sysinit.author
    and putting installSw.itcl back.. but apparently it doesnt like something as it goes in a reboot loop.. this would just save me time and would be lot quicker than waiting for an update..

    I am also when i go to her house next week. going to try to backup and restore the existing drive. as this will save a lot of time also since i have found out previously if you put a virgin new version on or a clear and reset. you will need to have the damn cable company come out again and get the cards working.. major pain..

    thanks in advance.. i have an ftp site you can put it on if you want..

    larry

  2. #1382
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    64
    lgkahn, make sure to chmod 755 /tvbin/tivoapp if it is not already.

  3. #1383
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by woracan View Post
    lgkahn, make sure to chmod 755 /tvbin/tivoapp if it is not already.
    Even though that could be a simple mistake, lgkahn has been around long enough I am sure he has done all the basic stuff like chmod...

  4. #1384
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    5,601
    Quote Originally Posted by lgkahn View Post
    anyone have a virgin 11.0d for tcd648250b series 3. I was able to find an 11.0b that works but my mothers unhacked tivo is dieing.. ie cannot record without stuttering etc..

    I tried a few times to create an image from my hacked 11.0d putting what i thought the virigin tivoapp was back on and the unhacked kernel and removing the rc.sysinit.author
    and putting installSw.itcl back.. but apparently it doesnt like something as it goes in a reboot loop.. this would just save me time and would be lot quicker than waiting for an update..

    I am also when i go to her house next week. going to try to backup and restore the existing drive. as this will save a lot of time also since i have found out previously if you put a virgin new version on or a clear and reset. you will need to have the damn cable company come out again and get the cards working.. major pain..

    thanks in advance.. i have an ftp site you can put it on if you want..

    larry
    Stuttering is a common problem with Series 2 Dtivos (and Series 1 as well). There is no reason to believe SA Tivos of any series are any different. Over time some sectors (particularly those in the buffer area) become marginal. A two-step solution worked every time for me.

    1. Pull the drive, download the manufacturer's advanced diagnostics, and run a non-destructive media analysis on the drive. This locates all marginal sectors and replaces them with reserve sectors. This process can take several hours - even more on larger drives.

    2. After you have verified the original drive is working, at your convenience purchase a new drive and clone the original drive to the new one.

    PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

    "You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

    HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

  5. #1385
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    n.h. usa
    Posts
    955
    thanks i did check the permissions that is not it..
    thanks for the tip bill i believe the drive is a seagate but dont remember for sure will try that when i get there. but not too worried about loosing the recordings..

  6. #1386
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dougal County
    Posts
    1,007
    1234567890
    Last edited by jt1134; 11-18-2009 at 12:52 AM.

  7. #1387
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dougal County
    Posts
    1,007
    0987654321
    Last edited by jt1134; 01-19-2010 at 12:52 AM.

  8. #1388
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    333

    Best system for HR10-250?

    The drive went on one of my HR10-250s. I had been running 6.3c for years and it seemed OK, far from perfect. I have now been reading up on 6.3e, not much around on d and f, and lots of conflicting stuff about taking the HR10-250 up to 6.4a.

    Anybody know where there might be a rundown of pluses and minuses for what's best on the HR10-250? Movieloader, mfs_ftp, tivoweb are the uses.

    6.3c
    6.3d
    6.3e
    6.3f
    6.4a

    I don't have images for 6.3d, 6.3f or 6.4a. If anyone is inclined to share images, I'll run some tests and compare to 6.3c.

    Meanwhile I'll play with 6.3e for awhile and see how it goes.

  9. #1389
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4

    Need TCD540040 image

    I need an image for TCD540040 (nightlight/SA). Thanks in advance!~

  10. #1390
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    right behind you!
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan View Post
    The drive went on one of my HR10-250s. I had been running 6.3c for years and it seemed OK, far from perfect. I have now been reading up on 6.3e, not much around on d and f, and lots of conflicting stuff about taking the HR10-250 up to 6.4a.

    Anybody know where there might be a rundown of pluses and minuses for what's best on the HR10-250? Movieloader, mfs_ftp, tivoweb are the uses.

    6.3c
    6.3d
    6.3e
    6.3f
    6.4a

    I don't have images for 6.3d, 6.3f or 6.4a. If anyone is inclined to share images, I'll run some tests and compare to 6.3c.

    Meanwhile I'll play with 6.3e for awhile and see how it goes.
    You can get the 6.4a slices by doing this. Re: any 6.4a issues, nothing new other than the normal tweaks to get networking functional. One benefit to 6.4a is the DirecTV DVR Scheduling.
    HDVR2: 300Gb HD, v6.4a, USB 2.0 backport network drivers, HMO/HME SuperPatched, mfs_ftp/MovieLoader v1.3
    THR22-200 HDTivo, DirecTV HR24-200 and DirecTV HR22-100

  11. #1391
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    26
    Can anyone help me out with a Series 3 (original) image?

    My 1 TB hard drive on my original series 3 went out. No problem I think, plop in the original 250 Gig. Oops. It's dead. Crap. I have another drive, but no image.

    Now here's the stupid part. I bough instant cake last march but someone don't have it backed up. Oops.

    I'd prefer not to drop another $20... can anyone help me out?

  12. #1392
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Can someone help me find an image for a series 2 649080?

    I have never had to open one before but the drive has apparently died. I removed it and tried to run spinrite but it cant see the drive. The original drive is making some of the worst mechanical failure sounds I have ever heard. Need the image to hopefully install a new drive and not waste all the money spent only two years ago on a new box and lifetime sub. Thanks.

  13. #1393
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dougal County
    Posts
    1,007
    ..........
    Last edited by jt1134; 01-26-2010 at 10:28 PM.

  14. #1394
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Does anyone have an image for a Series 2 model TCD230040?

    I had a drive die in my dual drive setup and the old mfstools backup I have from before the upgrade restores ok and boots but then goes into a never ending service upgrade after connecting again for the first time...

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks

  15. #1395
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dougal County
    Posts
    1,007

    TiVoHD / XL Hybrid Image

    I've created a hybrid THD / XL image for use with a THD that should theoretically restore to larger drives (ie: 1.5 or 2TB) background thread

    edit : link removed

    pm me if you would like a copy
    Last edited by jt1134; 02-08-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •