Page 101 of 118 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1762

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

Quote Originally Posted by C023M View Post
    I'm looking for an image for a TCD24008A.

The other images I have used have not let me use my USB/Ethernet adapter. If anyone has an image that will let me get connected I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    C023M is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
    I just replied to you over on TCF. Allow me to quote myself.

"Assuming that what's needed is the most recent version of the software for that model, I may have what you need. I've used it successfully with a Netgear FA120. Email me and let me know if you need the MFS Live v1.4 version or the WinMFS version.

What brand and model of adapter are you trying to use.

If you're getting a successful restore that just won't use your adapter what follows doesn't apply.

If you aren't getting a successful restore, it might apply. Either way, I leave it here for the enlightenment of future readers.

It occurs to me that the problem you are having might be related to the stock drive in that model being a Maxtor 80GB that's a few sectors bigger than the 80GB WD TiVo used in later models, which means you'll need to restore to either something as big as that original Maxtor or larger, unless perhaps you specify a smaller than original swap partition size, in which case you'll need to use the MFS Live cd v1.4."
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.

I need an image for my TIVO HD 2160.

It died and I need to replace the stock drive. Since the original stock drive has failed I need the software to load onto my replacement drive and restore my tivo back to life.

Can anyone help?

My email MFusick@aol.com

I would consider paypal for someone who can help me significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
    I need an image for my TIVO HD 2160.

It died and I need to replace the stock drive. Since the original stock drive has failed I need the software to load onto my replacement drive and restore my tivo back to life.

Can anyone help?
    Check your PM.

RCA DVR40 / 80, Hughes DVR80 image needed

I have an RCA DVR40 that lost a hard drive (6.4a) several years ago. I restored the original backup (3.1) which has not been upgraded in almost 2 years with many attempts to force the upgrade with a phone connection the whole time. I bought an RCA DVR40 on EBAY that turned out to be a Hughes DVR80 with 6.4a with a failing hard drive. A backup of that one gives me a system that reboots when attempting to use/reconfigure the phone. Can anyone save me $40 (instantcake ripoff, DTV should supply this for download for free). A backup from the RCA DVR80 (working fine) doesn't work on the DVR40 (?). If anyone wants the 3.1 backup let me know. Also, I have the original backup from early Standalone Series 1 TIVO.

Quote Originally Posted by rpweaver View Post
    I have an RCA DVR40 that lost a hard drive (6.4a) several years ago. I restored the original backup (3.1) which has not been upgraded in almost 2 years with many attempts to force the upgrade with a phone connection the whole time. I bought an RCA DVR40 on EBAY that turned out to be a Hughes DVR80 with 6.4a with a failing hard drive. A backup of that one gives me a system that reboots when attempting to use/reconfigure the phone. Can anyone save me $40 (instantcake ripoff, DTV should supply this for download for free). A backup from the RCA DVR80 (working fine) doesn't work on the DVR40 (?). If anyone wants the 3.1 backup let me know. Also, I have the original backup from early Standalone Series 1 TIVO.
    I have a couple of suggestions that may help you. I am seeding torrents of 62small.mfs and mfslive-with-62.iso. Either will allow you to install a minimal image of 6.2 on a hard drive, then expand it to use the entire space on the drive. Google the highlighted text plus the word torrent to locate the torrents; use a client such as BitTorrent to download. Both will be available for at least the next two days.

This thread and this thread should cover how to change the information displayed in 'System Information?' to match your hardware.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Thank you so much for this. However, I am having a fit trying to find these torrents. All I get is downloaded applications and pay download sites. I am a torrent virgin so you can understand my frustrations. I'm also no youngster so am a bit timid doing willy nilly downloads. I find sites but no obvious way to do any download except for untitled ad downloads. Grrrrr!!! I will continue to search but if you have the trick to this process, I would really be grateful.

Thank you so much for this. However, I am having a fit trying to find these torrents. All I get is downloaded applications and pay download sites. I am a torrent virgin so you can understand my frustrations. I'm also no youngster so am a bit timid doing willy nilly downloads. I find sites but no obvious way to do any download except for untitled ad downloads. Grrrrr!!! I will continue to search but if you have the trick to this process, I would really be grateful.
    It seems a little daunting, but if a 60 year old can figure it out, you'll figure it out. You are right, the 'scammer' sites do complicate the matter.

First, download a torrent client. I use bittorrent. Now install and run it.

Here's a link to a site that has the torrent for 62small.mfs available free. Click on the 'Download Torrent' link on the right side of the page.

The same site has the mfslive-with-62.iso torrent.

If you've set things up correctly, your browser will ask if you want to open the torrent with BitTorrent (or whatever), and the transfer will start automatically.

PlainBill
    Last edited by PlainBill; 08-29-2011 at 10:47 PM.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

The adventure begins.

Thanks, I got them both. What threw me off was the hex filename. Not something I am used to. I guess this works for both DVR40 and DVR80. The current SW version ends in 131 for the DVR40 and 151 for the DVR80. They don't seem to be cross compatible. Does the installation or initial setup make them HW specific?
    Thanks again.

Thanks, I got them both. What threw me off was the hex filename. Not something I am used to. I guess this works for both DVR40 and DVR80. The current SW version ends in 131 for the DVR40 and 151 for the DVR80. They don't seem to be cross compatible. Does the installation or initial setup make them HW specific?
    Thanks again.
    That is a misconception on your part. Software for any model of Series 2 (this does not include the Series 2.5 R10) DirecTiVo will work on any other.

The complication is hard drive capacity. At the time the software is installed on the drive at the factory it takes up the entire drive, and this size is locked in. So if you made an image of a 40 Gig drive and restored it to a 39.995 Gig drive, it would not run on any system.

If, on the other hand, you made an image of a 39.995 gig drive you could install it on a 40 Gig drive and it would run on any model of Series 2 DirecTiVo. You could also install it on an 80 or 120 Gig drive and it would work, and could be expanded to the full capacity of the drive by using mfsadd.

Someone far brighter than I built the image from scratch, configuring it to run on a 1 Gig drive. Of course, that gives you very little room for recordings. However, by using mfsadd you can use the full capacity of the drive.

PlainBill

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill View Post
    I am seeding torrents of 62small.mfs and mfslive-with-62.iso. Both will be available for at least the next two days.
    There doesnt seem to be any seeding of these at the moment.

I would like to try "mfslive6b-with-62small.iso" to repair my deceased DVR40.

The Hard drive failed so I located a replacement drive. (blank)

Tivo HD TCD652160 image

Is there anyone who can supply a winmfs image for a Tivo HD TCD652160 by any chance? It would really save me!

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by bernieglenn01 View Post
    There doesnt seem to be any seeding of these at the moment.

I would like to try "mfslive6b-with-62small.iso" to repair my deceased DVR40.

The Hard drive failed so I located a replacement drive. (blank)
    They are certainly being seeded, I just checked. Have you retrieved the torrents from the site listed in post #1507?

PlainBill

They are certainly being seeded, I just checked. Have you retrieved the torrents from the site listed in post #1507?

PlainBill
    Yep. Those are the trackers I used.

Must be a problem on my end.

Although I do have "utorrent" setup and working fine.

I was downloading something else while those 2 trackers remain in "red status" showing no seeds.

I may give "bittorrent" a shot.

Thanks for letting me know they are in fact being seeded.

PlainBill
    After switching over to "bittorrent" the file seeded just fine.

I have never had any trouble with "utorrent" untill now.

Anyhow... "mfslive6b-with-62small.iso" worked perfectly.

The replacement drive is now installed in the receiver and the DVR40 lives once again.

Thanks for the download info.

19 PTV100 Image?

I know it's old but I'd like to resurrect an old PTV100 but cannot find an image anywhere...the box has lifetime service =)

Thanks if you can help...