Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1762

Thread: Backup image and slice begging thread

Is there a difference between the TCD240040 and the TCD24004A when it comes to backups, or even the 240080 can any 240 backup be used with any 240 model?

If not does anyone have an image of the TCD240040?

The only thing to watch out for with 140/240 images is that some of the machines came with Maxtor drives and back then Maxtors had a slightly higher LBA number than the same GB size in WDs and Seagates, so an image taken from one won't restore on the smaller of the drives.
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by unitron View Post
    The only thing to watch out for with 140/240 images is that some of the machines came with Maxtor drives and back then Maxtors had a slightly higher LBA number than the same GB size in WDs and Seagates, so an image taken from one won't restore on the smaller of the drives.
    Ah that's probably the problem, I'm not sure what drive this originally came with I tried using my old Maxtor drive from my 24004A and that yielded no results, I'm guessing that means I need a non-Maxtor image?

What's the LBA number of that Maxtor from the 24004A?

What's the LBA number of that Maxtor from the 24004A?
    LBA is 80293248

Quote Originally Posted by andrewc2 View Post
    LBA is 80293248
    That's the same fat LBA number as the 40GB Maxtor that came out of my 540040

As long as it isn't a GigaByte brand motherboard, boot up with the MFS Live cd v1.4 and just that drive attached, then at the command line

hdparm -N /dev/hda

and see if the answer says anything about a Host Protected Area, or HPA

That's the same fat LBA number as the 40GB Maxtor that came out of my 540040

As long as it isn't a GigaByte brand motherboard, boot up with the MFS Live cd v1.4 and just that drive attached, then at the command line

hdparm -N /dev/hda

and see if the answer says anything about a Host Protected Area, or HPA
    It says "HPA is disabled"

Quote Originally Posted by andrewc2 View Post
    It says "HPA is disabled"
    Another theory shot down in flames then.

Get the Seagate diagnostic software (SeaTools for DOS) and run the long test on the drive.

Update

Never Mind- Found the image I needed. I hope the disk wasn't damaged and that I will be able to restore it, or at the very least, use the same drive to create a fresh installation.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I am kicking myself, you may get a kick out of this:

Purchased a used Tivo 3 for my parents for Christmas. After giving it a once over, I started the clear & delete process so it would be fresh & new for them. I was in the same room with my own Tivo HD so little did I know, my remote was controlling both tivos, so mine was going through the delete process as well. DOH! Now it's stuck in that process and I need an image to restore it.

Details: Model # TiVo TCD652160
    Has an upgraded 1TB drive.
    I would soooo appreciate an image. You would save me. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by janfan; 12-20-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Found Info I needed

Quote Originally Posted by janfan View Post
    As I am kicking myself, you may get a kick out of this:

Purchased a used Tivo 3 for my parents for Christmas. After giving it a once over, I started the clear & delete process so it would be fresh & new for them. I was in the same room with my own Tivo HD so little did I know, my remote was controlling both tivos, so mine was going through the delete process as well. DOH! Now it's stuck in that process and I need an image to restore it.

Details: Model # TiVo TCD652160
    Has an upgraded 1TB drive.
    I would soooo appreciate an image. You would save me. Thanks in advance!
    For use with the MFS Live cd v1.4

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/652_gset.bak

For use with WinMFS

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/652_gset.tbk

Do not use a GigaByte brand motherboard to do the restoration. (It's fine for the download)

If that's all you have, let me know, there's a workaround.

Use this code

EMCJHHN97

to get a WD20EURS from newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136783

for $99

(but don't dawdle)

and come over to the jmfs for the S3 HD thread at tivocommunity.com (TiVo Community Forums, where the name of this site is not allowed to be mentioned, so call it DDB) to learn how to copy that 1TB to the 2TB and expand into the rest of the space, using the jmfs cd which was originally designed for the Premiere, but also works on the S3 HD and HD XL.

Then you can use the 1TB in the one for the folks.

Unitron, Thanks a million. I stumbled on those links just before I saw your reply.

Another theory shot down in flames then.

Get the Seagate diagnostic software (SeaTools for DOS) and run the long test on the drive.
    I'm actually looking at just putting a new drive in, you don't happen to have an image for the 240040?

For use with the MFS Live cd v1.4

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/652_gset.bak

For use with WinMFS

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/652_gset.tbk

Do not use a GigaByte brand motherboard to do the restoration. (It's fine for the download)

If that's all you have, let me know, there's a workaround.

Use this code

EMCJHHN97

to get a WD20EURS from newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136783

for $99

(but don't dawdle)

and come over to the jmfs for the S3 HD thread at tivocommunity.com (TiVo Community Forums, where the name of this site is not allowed to be mentioned, so call it DDB) to learn how to copy that 1TB to the 2TB and expand into the rest of the space, using the jmfs cd which was originally designed for the Premiere, but also works on the S3 HD and HD XL.

Then you can use the 1TB in the one for the folks.
    thank you. this revived my tivo, i'm still currently using the 160 gig stock HDD.

my issue was that i bought my tivo when i was living in Indianapolis and had a comcast cable card in it. then recently i moved back to my home town in south georgia and went to get comcast again. They were telling me that i couldn't use the cablecard from indianapolis, so i got a new one from them, but it wasn't getting connection in the conditional access, so i went and got another one, and it still wasn't getting a connection, so i figured i would do like a "master reset" on the device so that it cleared all of the information from indianapolis, so i did the reset and delete everything option in the menu. well apparently it literally deleted EVERYTHING, it wouldn't boot up. then i ran across this, i used winmfs and restored your backup to my drive and it worked!!! so thank you SOOOO MUCH for that!!

now, the cable card from indianapolis is working with the channels for Georgia, BUT!!! now i'm getting a hardware error #51, it won't let me record anything and i did a restart on the system and it restarted fine but the error is still there. i researched it a little and found that it's that the OS serial doesn't match the boards serial, and to do a reset and delete everything, but that is what caused all of my problems in the first place, so now what?!

well i did a C&D before i left for work, and when i got home it was waiting for me to do the guided setup, so it worked!!

wonder why the C&D messed up the OS in the first place?
    Last edited by mrkrowely; 12-21-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Would appreciate a TCD649080 image that has not been reset to guided setup. Please PM me or respond here with link.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    Activity on forum is light. Need hardware help? I can supply preprogrammed proms: $10: 12 sold as of 8/2015. Email if interested. Don't check PM's very often any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave20042004 View Post
    Would appreciate a TCD649080 image that has not been reset to guided setup. Please PM me or respond here with link.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    Go over to TCF to the "need an image, don't PM me" thread, and search my name, that model number, dropbox, etc.

Oooops, just saw the not reset to GS part.

You'll have to give me a few days, 'cause both my S2 DTs are almost constantly tied up and I'll have to open one to see what's on which previous drive.
    Last edited by unitron; 01-05-2013 at 06:52 PM.